Hi,
    please help anyone. Backed up my PlayBook using BDS(7.1.0.32), and then wiped it as it was starting to
    act up. Went to restore and after exactly 416kb it just disconnects and the PlayBook restarts. Tried this several times,
    same result. There is nothing wrong with the USB connection. Anybody else have this problem?
    Thanks.
    11-09-12 11:04 PM
    Had same problem turn off your virus protection it worked for me ;-)
    chappy3039 likes this.
    11-09-12 11:22 PM
    Had same problem turn off your virus protection it worked for me ;-)
    Hey, tried it, no joy. Was running AVG free edition. Soooo frustrating
    11-10-12 08:18 AM
    Hi,
    please help anyone. Backed up my PlayBook using BDS(7.1.0.32), and then wiped it as it was starting to
    act up. Went to restore and after exactly 416kb it just disconnects and the PlayBook restarts. Tried this several times,
    same result. There is nothing wrong with the USB connection. Anybody else have this problem?
    Thanks.
    Hi chappy - I had a problem with backing up failing after a short while - the advice from CB members was to 1) turn-off WiFi & 2) clear the browser cache

Is it worth trying to restore with the WiFi turned off (if it isn't already?)

This may be a red herring, but WiFi for some reason seems to affect activity using BDM/BDS

Hope this helps

Alex
    chappy3039 likes this.
    11-10-12 12:01 PM
    Hi chappy - I had a problem with backing up failing after a short while - the advice from CB members was to 1) turn-off WiFi & 2) clear the browser cache

Is it worth trying to restore with the WiFi turned off (if it isn't already?)

This may be a red herring, but WiFi for some reason seems to affect activity using BDM/BDS

Hope this helps

Alex
    Thanks Alex,
    nope tried that and doesn't work either. I guess the next way is to try and extract the data from the .bbb file and drag and drop it via folder sharing. Does anyone know if the apps are
    in .bar format when they are extracted and I can perhaps sideload them? I have paid for many of them via App World and I don't think it's fair to make me buy them again.
    11-10-12 07:57 PM
    This doesn't help with data but sign into app world with the same bbid and your apps show up in uninstalled list where you can reinstall them. The problem is some might have changed price and ask you to pay the difference unfortunately but most will be ok.
    chappy3039 likes this.
    11-10-12 08:26 PM
    Thanks Alex,
    nope tried that and doesn't work either. I guess the next way is to try and extract the data from the .bbb file and drag and drop it via folder sharing. Does anyone know if the apps are
    in .bar format when they are extracted and I can perhaps sideload them? I have paid for many of them via App World and I don't think it's fair to make me buy them again.
    If you use the same BBID, when you visit appworld, you can check the UNinstalled apps and then reinstall them.

You can NO longer extract bar files from the bbb backup files - they are now encrypted to avoid piracy.
    chappy3039 likes this.
    11-10-12 08:56 PM