I have been a BB user for 2 years. I started with the Bold 9700 and have had my Torch 9800 for the past year. Sony and Apple will never venture into my home.

The question: I am receiving a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16GB Wi-fi) from Telus for free. I have eyed the Playbook since day 1 but have waited for the fixes to happen. With PB2.0 finally due out. Do I sell the Galaxy and get the PB or should I take the plunge and play in the darkside for awhile? Thank you.
    01-18-12 08:27 PM
    I love the playbook, but you're getting a free tablet to mess around with. So I would take the Galaxy and see how you like it; wait on the playbook OS 2.0 update and the reviews of it on crackberry (official and on the forums) and other sites (not BGR) and then decide if to keep or sell the Samsung.
    01-18-12 08:36 PM
    I was never a fan of anything that runs android. I have this pure hate for it, dont know why but its just there. Buts its free so do what you want, ya know? Good day. Oh and by the way im typing this on my BB Playbook. I love it.
    01-18-12 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the input. I have been trying to avoid using anything Android however if PB 2.0 has an Android player in it then I can have the best of both worlds. It will be interesting on what others have to say. I still have a week before I can to be tempted by the box. I did notice that the flash player on the Galaxy is nothing to write home about.
    01-18-12 09:44 PM
    The Android Player will not allow you to access stock Android running on the device. As far as the user is concerned, they shouldn't be able to discern that it is even there (albeit with a few minor caveats).

Might not be the right forum for this, but has the app development for Android 3.0/4.0 picked up for tablets yet? Last I read they were still a little behind on that end.
    01-19-12 12:29 AM
    I'd keep it,

EVERYONE is giving away the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 so your chance of selling it and getting enough to go out and buy a PlayBook once OS2 comes out are slim

Play with the tablet, if you find yourself wishing it was more portable, go out and get a Playbook as well, else enjoy your tablet The user experience on the SGT10.1 is very nice.
    01-19-12 05:40 AM
    I used to own both of them, and if I were you I'd keep it.
    01-19-12 05:46 AM
    Might as well play with it and see if you like it since it is free. I still prefer the pb OS and the way it does things over android or iOS but that is all personal.
    01-19-12 07:47 AM
    Sell the droid tablet. Dump it like you found a fly in your soup
    01-19-12 08:55 AM
    iPad, simply the best, admit it.
    01-19-12 11:15 AM
    iPad, simply the best, admit it.
    OK I admit it, the best for you - not me.
    01-19-12 12:07 PM
    I have been a BB user for 2 years. I started with the Bold 9700 and have had my Torch 9800 for the past year. Sony and Apple will never venture into my home.

The question: I am receiving a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16GB Wi-fi) from Telus for free. I have eyed the Playbook since day 1 but have waited for the fixes to happen. With PB2.0 finally due out. Do I sell the Galaxy and get the PB or should I take the plunge and play in the darkside for awhile? Thank you.
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy the PlayBook thinking that the update is coming soon. I would definitely wait to make sure that 2.0 is actually coming out next month and there aren't any delays..
    01-19-12 12:20 PM
    Keep it. It's free. All these tablets do the same thing, more or less. I've had the iPad2 since it came out, and to tell the truth it could be interchangeable with anything out there. I use it for email, browsing, the occasional game...any tablet can do that. As posted above, the differences is the way the OS behaves between tablets is a personal thing, but that would not be enough for me to turn down a free tablet.
    EveryApp Mobile likes this.
    01-19-12 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD