There are tons of pretty simple questions flooding the forum. Here is the official 2.0 User Manual. It covers a ton of stuff & introduces the new features. There are also troubleshooting steps for specific items.

PlayBook OS 2.0 User Manual

In fact by reading this, I learned a few things

Didn't know about this gesture:

dimm0k, bgriff25, deemgee and 31 others like this.
    02-21-12 11:49 AM
    Oh OS2 comes with a manual! Thanx!
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
    Oh OS2 comes with a manual! Thanx!
    Question: when I get an email I get two notifications: one from the native app and one from bridge... Is there a way to disable Bridge email while wifi is on, for example?
    02-21-12 12:03 PM
    Share files between your computer and tablet using Wi-Fi
    Want an easy way to connect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet for easy file sharing? By using the file-sharing option with Wi-Fi,
    you can drag and drop documents, pictures, videos, music, and other files from your computer to your tablet. If you set a
    password to help protect your files, you are prompted to enter it before you can move files between your tablet and your
    computer
    Thank you mate! Always thought I need to connect it with the cable...

Another question: Is there any possiblity to change the LED notification colour to green or blue instead of red. (Reminds me about low battery)
    02-21-12 12:13 PM
    Don't think you can change the colour but there is an option to have either the glow, the LED or both. Look under sounds and notifications in the settings menu. Top right of PB screen.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 12:21 PM
    Ye well, what does "glow" mean by the way? That the playbook leaves Standby and activates its screen?

I hope they will add the feature some time to assign Blue LED to Messages, Red LED for system alterts etc... would be really awesome if you ask me.
    02-21-12 12:28 PM
    Question: when I get an email I get two notifications: one from the native app and one from bridge... Is there a way to disable Bridge email while wifi is on, for example?
    On your phone, in bridge, under device properties, you can select which items that bridge will use, I haven't tried this, but i would think it would work.... Once my back-up is finished, i will let you know.
    02-21-12 12:29 PM
    BUMP....A must read for many!
    02-21-12 02:31 PM
    Big thanks, I wondered how long it would be before someone muttered 'Read The F**king Manual'

I'm ex-IT support, many years ago!!
    fanatical, jafobabe and Harryl6134 like this.
    02-21-12 02:43 PM
    ^^^^
    Another ex-IT here! I love it! "RTF" indeed...then reset user; clue.com not found.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-21-12 03:40 PM
    thanks very much for this
    02-21-12 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the link. I just sent it to my PlayBook using Print To Go.
    02-21-12 03:54 PM
    Great advise for all PLaybook owners. Please sticky this thread. It will serve as a great reference
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-21-12 03:56 PM
    Bump. Nice thread for those who need some answers.
    02-21-12 04:22 PM
    Great link fellow Calgarian Thanks!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 04:26 PM
    Why don't peeps use the help icon on the PB itself.
    Easier to find what your looking for and it's the same manual.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-21-12 at 04:32 PM.
    02-21-12 04:29 PM
    Great. Got a lot of reading to do =D
    02-21-12 05:04 PM
    I'm an IT PRO as well, and while I'm certainly guilty of not reading the manual sometimes - when I'm truely lost... I always reference the material at hand.

Most people here unfortunately don't take the time to even search. Either way - it needs to be a hostpitable environment for all, even the n00bs, but it gets tough when no one even tries.
    02-21-12 07:56 PM
    Thank you for posting this. This has been very helpful as I made my way though the vaunted 2.0 release. Still figuring it all out but I am still loving my Playbook. I got it on its original release date after ditching my iPad. I've never looked back!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 09:39 PM
    The OP's right, before we start complaining we should read the manual
    02-21-12 10:09 PM
    I bump it one more time. And thanks - downloaded and copied to my pb.
    02-21-12 11:22 PM
    There are tons of pretty simple questions flooding the forum. Here is the official 2.0 User Manual. It covers a ton of stuff & introduces the new features. There are also troubleshooting steps for specific items.

Click to view quoted image
    Has anyone got this gesture (bottom to left) to work? It doesn't do anything on my Playbook.
    02-24-12 05:19 PM
    Has anyone got this gesture (bottom to left) to work? It doesn't do anything on my Playbook.
    Me neither
    02-24-12 05:27 PM
    Go to bridge app on your phone, select device properties and unable what you don't want to see on the playbook.
    02-24-12 05:50 PM

Click to view quoted image
    The 'back' gesture doesnt work on gallery.
    It only work on folder, and android apps.
    02-29-12 07:47 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD