can't you just bluetooth between the two?
    no, bluetooth between the PB and the Atrix won't play nice-nice. All good though, my solution ended up being faster
    12-27-11 01:59 AM
    As a PB owner who has literally invested in creating an ecosystem around me by buying PBs for most of my family members -- one of the benefits of the sale pricing -- I have lots of uses for my PB, but am very sympathetic to OP.

I feel that RIM has not put nearly enough effort into commissioning and rolling out apps that will allow the PB to fit most use cases. They are in a bet-the-company moment and, to the extent they still have cash, I would have liked to see them doing things like buying out companies like Nitro PDF and Boxee, and rolling them into the ecosystem. I get that their top priority is to turn the RIM ecosystem into a multi-platform environment, but to be a great company they need to be able to work in parallel and roll out multiple things at once.

All I can say is that it is great hardware with a growing new userbase, so anyone who is able to create apps that respond to a genuine use case has the opportunity to own a market segment and do quite well with it. But if RIM is to ratchet up more quickly, I'd really like to see them take a much more aggressive approach to building apps. Creating a nice friendly environment and hoping developers will come just isn't enough when you're coming into an already-existing marketplace.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-11 05:53 PM
    no, bluetooth between the PB and the Atrix won't play nice-nice. All good though, my solution ended up being faster
    How did you do it? I have an HTC EVO.
    12-27-11 06:21 PM
    wifi. don't need to be on the internet for mobile hotspot to work between the 2 devices, and it transfers files and streams media faster than the BT connection does
    12-27-11 07:21 PM
    iPad is going to a 7 inch screen?? Where did you hear that? Jobs hated the idea of the 7 tablet. I don't have the info you have, but find that rather hard to believe. Why would Apple change what's selling like hot cakes for them?
    actually its a 7 and a half inch screen from what i read and your correct but Steve Jobs really does not have a say anymore now does he?
    01-05-12 06:03 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD