Just picked mine up. My interest isn't waning. YMMV.
    12-26-11 10:53 AM
    They didn't sell out instantly last time.
    I bought mine on the last day of the sale from Staples Online.
    If it was Staples Canada, they sold out quick on the first day or so and then got in more inventory on the Wednesday of the last week of the sale. I bought one there on that day and it arrived on two days later.
    12-26-11 11:02 AM
    i worked on boxing day yesturday at Best Buy, by the end of the day, we still had more than a hundred 16gb and 32gb left.
    12-27-11 10:56 AM
    i worked on boxing day yesturday at Best Buy, by the end of the day, we still had more than a hundred 16gb and 32gb left.
    Same at the local Futureshop and Bestbuy here.
    Lot's of stock left, very few seemed interested at all.
    12-27-11 11:05 AM
    not surprised. i also live in toronto. i didnt have a problem getting mine at all.

i dont remember when i ordered mine but it definitely wasnt the first few days of sale.
    Bairdo likes this.
    12-27-11 11:12 AM
    My interest didn't fade. When tablets first started I thought it was a stupid idea. In most cases I felt that they would be hard to hold and be conformable. To a point I still believe that, but like everything they have their place.

Another thing is the price. I think tablets are way to expensive. My brother doesn't think so. I said they are the same price as a laptop. He said you can't get a high end laptop for $500. I said these are not like high end laptops. He said well its half a computer so half the price is right. I agree with that so $250 seems good for the smallest drive to me. Thats just my opinion and that goes for all brands.

When they came out with the $200 off deal my interest was peaked but I still thought it was still a bit too expensive and I didn't feel I needed one or for that price I would still rather buying a new computer.

When I seen the $300 discount I got online to see if they were dropping the Playbook from the line up. When that didn't seem like the case I was interested but didn't have the money. Tried to sell off my sat boxes but it didn't happen.

Long story short. I now have a 16gb Playbook in front of me that is updating. Its up in the air on if I should have bought one today or not but I do know I wanted one for the last month or so. I will see how much I like using it. I'm not sure how many were in stock at Walmart where it was purchased because my wife picked it up while she was out. I will ask her when she is home again.

James
    12-27-11 12:34 PM
    I do not think PB interest is fading. I just came back from BB store in Milton and all 16GB are sold out. About thirty 32GB are left. I have seen at least couple of people who picked up 32GB when I was there. Many people were checking out PB station as well. Of course PBs did not seem to be working properly. I was surprised how many Ipads were sold out I actually ended up playing with one for few minutes and i found it annoying that i had to press that big button on the bottom of ipad to go back to main menu.the pb swiping gesture is so much better.
    12-27-11 04:19 PM
    Checked back at BB today, they sold about 40% of the PB's, not bad I guess.

Over heard someone saying
    they would rather save the $200 and put it towards an iPad 3...

Must be nice to be Apple .
    12-27-11 06:00 PM
    Checked back at BB today, they sold about 40% of the PB's, not bad I guess.

Over heard someone saying
    they would rather save the $200 and put it towards an iPad 3...

Must be nice to be Apple .
    at this time ipad is more complete product than pb so i can see why so many people want ipad. lets home early next year we will see new playbook with redesigned box that will say "most secure tablet with military grade encryption, over 200,000 apps !� This might make some re-think paying big $$$ for apple
    12-27-11 07:07 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD