Just got a deal alert from SlickDeals. I don't know if this works at every store.

BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB $149.50 AC, Staples B&M Clearance - Slickdeals.net
    01-30-12 07:38 PM
    Just got a deal alert from SlickDeals. I don't know if this works at every store.

calling my staples for stock! im taking advatage of this!
    01-30-12 07:54 PM

calling my staples for stock! im taking advatage of this!
    01-30-12 08:01 PM
    I hope this is true, and i hope its not the display model as well..
    01-30-12 10:31 PM

Yeah, but is the PB on clearance?
    01-30-12 10:33 PM
    Yeah, but is the PB on clearance?
    I am not sure. I'll call Staples tomorrow. But it looks like it. At least that's what the OP in the SlickDeals thread claims. So if you happen to have checked this with Staples, please, let everybody know.
    01-30-12 10:54 PM
    On clearance here in NJ for $299 - $50 coupon (16GB) unfortunately. Think this is very YMMV.
    01-31-12 01:21 AM
    Unfortunately, that's about all it's worth in it's present form
    01-31-12 02:23 AM

Wow very good price, Enjoy.
    01-31-12 07:23 AM
    On clearance here in NJ for $299 - $50 coupon (16GB) unfortunately. Think this is very YMMV.
    I'll be in Jersey City this afternoon. Will stop in and see what the deal is.
    01-31-12 07:57 AM

Random thought. If the PB is on "clearance" wouldn't that mean its being discontinued in its current form?

Which is exactly what the Best Buy Mgr told me a month ago. That they were making a new PB. The 3G model perhaps?
    01-31-12 08:00 AM
    If you read the coupon, the discount was for all 'clearance' tablets and PC's
    To the best of my knowledge, the PB is not on clearance at any Staples or other stores. There might however, be some 'referbs' at lower prices available somewhere.

FYI: BBuy seems to have promo's for the PB starting about the 20-21st of Feb. in time for the OS2 roll-out (on or about the 17th of Feb.). Staples is a sister company (same ownership) of BB and will either have a similar promo, or certainly will price match.

Comment about 'discontinued' ... if true, why would BB have store display and ad material already prepared for the OS2 roll-out ????
    Last edited by mandony; 01-31-12 at 09:03 AM.
    01-31-12 08:58 AM
    To the best of my knowledge, the PB is not on clearance at any Staples or other stores. There might however, be some 'referbs' at lower prices available somewhere.
    When I check the Staples inventory checker online, it calls it a "clearance item".

Comment about 'discontinued' ... if true, why would BB have store display and ad material already prepared for the OS2 roll-out ????
    Maybe what he or she is referring to is the fact that they haven't produced any in months. Discontinued and out of production could be interpreted as the same thing by some people, depends on who you ask.
    01-31-12 09:11 AM

FYI: BBuy seems to have promo's for the PB starting about the 20-21st of Feb. in time for the OS2 roll-out (on or about the 17th of Feb.). Staples is a sister company (same ownership) of BB and will either have a similar promo, or certainly will price match.

Calm yourself. If you actually read my post, as opposed to reacting to it, you would see that it pertained to the implicattions of the PB being on "clearance.

And I almost sure that if BB does launch a 3G PB, this one will go the way of the dinosaur.

It would be extremely dificult for them to produce this tablet with the same specs and keep it at this price.
    01-31-12 09:24 AM
    Can someone see if this works?

If it doesnt I have a coupon for $30 off any $200 purchase

it isnt $50 off, but it helps. Im not sure if it is a one time use code because it came with my teachers discount card so ill look into that

EDIT: it is $200 BEFORE tax, so if the 16gb is 199 you will need to add something for $1... lol
    Last edited by FSeverino; 01-31-12 at 12:26 PM.
    shame23 likes this.
    01-31-12 11:55 AM
    Can someone see if this works?

If it doesnt I have a coupon for $30 off any $200 purchase

it isnt $50 off, but it helps. Im not sure if it is a one time use code because it came with my teachers discount card so ill look into that

EDIT: it is $200 BEFORE tax, so if the 16gb is 199 you will need to add something for $1... lol
    I checked with the Staples here in the city. The PB is indeed on clearance.

Interpret this as you wish.
    01-31-12 03:44 PM
    Both Staples and Best Buy sales people have told me it is to be discontinued and this is their last one. Than I go in a week later and they have 6-8 more. I have little faith in sales peoples knowledge of what RIM is going to do.
    01-31-12 03:58 PM
    says $299.50 on staples website -___-........am i'm missing something?
    01-31-12 04:04 PM

Interpret this as you wish.

is this in the US? I am in Toronto Canada
    01-31-12 04:13 PM
    is this in the US? I am in Toronto Canada
    Yes. Sorry. I'm in New York.
    01-31-12 04:14 PM
    I checked with the Staples where I am. The sun will rise in the west tomorrow morning. Also, they will have a special on the Brooklyn Bridge next week.
    01-31-12 04:18 PM
    Yes. Sorry. I'm in New York.
    BOOO

That still makes no sense though, i guess maybe the canadian stores have more in stock?
    01-31-12 04:29 PM
    I checked with the Staples where I am. The sun will rise in the west tomorrow morning. Also, they will have a special on the Brooklyn Bridge next week.
    Wait! I slept through the Pole Shift. D@mn!! Did I miss all the 2012 Doomsday parties too?

Crap! Well, back to work....
    01-31-12 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD