Just noticed that Best buy had refurbed PB's for 129. PB really has no chance unless they open it up and allow unrestricted android apps. I know that will never happen but it is wishful thinking. The tablet industry is an open world now thanks to Google. I paid $260 for my 32 gigger a few months ago. I wish now I would have not bought it. The google tablet looks amazing. I'm not sure playbook will ever get any sort of a market share and thus the app support that it needs to become a player.
    07-22-12 09:19 AM
    When BB10 comes out the playbook Will be able to run the same apps as the new phones natively so it will some have a lot more apps than you think. If the new phones do well the tablets with do the same.
    Last edited by coolaide; 07-23-12 at 05:58 AM.
    07-22-12 10:26 AM
    When BB10 comes out the playbook will not be able to run the same apps as the new phones natively so it will some have a lot more apps than you think. If the new phones do well the tablets with do the same.
    I think you meant that the PlayBook WILL be able to run the BB10 apps, right?
    07-22-12 11:07 AM
    Showing 159.99 now
    07-22-12 02:44 PM
    $129.00 isn't bad but $70.00 more and you get brand new with full warranty which may be better depending on what guarantee best buy gives.
    07-22-12 04:10 PM
    I had a chance to buy the nexus 7 for 140 in pristine condition from a friend but after playing with it for a couple hour i didnt like it much so i turned down the deal. I went to buy another used playbook 64gb for my gf with convertible case n a charging pod for only $170. Very good deal i must say

App support or not. Imo, it's a personal preference. The app world now have many useful apps coming along
    07-22-12 06:29 PM
    I had a chance to buy the nexus 7 for 140 in pristine condition from a friend but after playing with it for a couple hour i didnt like it much so i turned down the deal. I went to buy another used playbook 64gb for my gf with convertible case n a charging pod for only $170. Very good deal i must say

App support or not. Imo, it's a personal preference. The app world now have many useful apps coming along
    YIKES! $140??? No offense, but your friend is not very "in tune" with the market! They have sold so well, that Google had to pull the 16GB version from the Play store just this weekend because there are no more to sell. A used Nexus 7 on eBay is going for well over $300, more than it cost new; new ones are almost $400!

Even if you do like the Playbook better, you could have easily doubled your money, and essentially purchased the Playbook for free! Bummer!
    07-23-12 01:18 PM
    It was probably a good deal because he is a friend.

I personally dont charge my friends the going rate on eBay for anything.
    07-23-12 10:45 PM
    YIKES! $140??? No offense, but your friend is not very "in tune" with the market! They have sold so well, that Google had to pull the 16GB version from the Play store just this weekend because there are no more to sell. A used Nexus 7 on eBay is going for well over $300, more than it cost new; new ones are almost $400!

Even if you do like the Playbook better, you could have easily doubled your money, and essentially purchased the Playbook for free! Bummer!
    Double my money on ebay? Not a chance. With a faulty batch of nexus 7 i rather buy the solid playbook deal than hoping someone dumb enough or i must say ignorance enough to buy the nexus for 300. You know how ebay is not easy to sell or buy stuff these day with scams n going on
    07-24-12 12:38 AM
    I think you meant that the PlayBook WILL be able to run the BB10 apps, right?
    PB will get the BB10 OS, so it should be able to run BB10 apps
    07-24-12 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD