I hope they just give more information (on the 30th) on how its going with the upgrade. Whether indeed they truly are ahead of schedule and maybe a screenshot or two. That'll be okay. I don't mind waiting - I prefer things are thoroughly tested.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-24-13 04:07 PM
    I would love a RIM job. Could someone please give me a RIM job? My only regret in life is that I have never had a RIM job. Etc.
    djpailo and seamonky like this.
    01-24-13 04:07 PM
    Lookie lookie:
    First Leaked Image of BlackBerry 10 Running on the BlackBerry PlayBook | NerdBerry.net
    Attachment 132411

Trying to figure out why the phone icon and search icons are present (blacked out mind you). Looks ported from a Dev unit.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 01-24-13 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Icon notes.
    01-24-13 04:23 PM
    It's a double leap years this year. BB10 comes to PlayBook Feb. 30th.
    that's only if you're on Mayan time...
    01-24-13 04:24 PM
    Lookie lookie:
    First Leaked Image of BlackBerry 10 Running on the BlackBerry PlayBook | NerdBerry.net
    Attachment 132411

Trying to figure out why the phone icon is in the bottom left corner (blacked out mind you but still)...
    'cuz they're going to do what i've been hoping they'd do,,, make the playbook an extension of a bridged phone,,, it's blacked out 'cuz it's secret,,, no date under time either,,, so it could be bogus or real like everything else here...
    EDIT: post on nerdberry speculates this pic is ported from dev device...
    EDIT #2: could this be a pic taken w/ pb??? considering the icon???
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 01-24-13 at 04:40 PM.
    01-24-13 04:30 PM
    i cant believe any of you fall for that pic....
    mikeo007, seamonky and BB12MX like this.
    01-24-13 04:40 PM
    i cant believe any of you fall for that pic....
    It could be a Shooped wallpaper...but I'd like to think it's not. I have no idea if it's real but it looks mighty tasty. I have to admit though, I am a landscape kind of guy myself. I have barely used the tablet in portrait view. They're going to have to figure out a way to mode switch easily in my opinion. I'm sure they're on it though...
    01-24-13 04:44 PM
    Guys -

Look at a PlayBook. When you see the BlackBerry logo and you see the notification light, what orientation is the device meant to be held in? Landscape ...

Look at leaked photos of the touchscreen phono. When you see the BlackBerry logo and the notification light, what orientation is the device meant to be held in? Portrait ...

This is either photoshop or a screenshot in full-screen view on a PlayBook; not an OS optimized for a landscape oriented tablet ...
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 01-24-13 at 05:10 PM.
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-24-13 04:51 PM
    I have been chatting with the person who posted this picture. He is claiming that its a bb10 version for only certain devs and he is one of these special devs...with that said , I can assure you all that it is all a bunch of b.s including this photo of a playbook with picture app launched ,showing a transferred screen shot from a dev alpha device.

I asked him via email a few questions and I got the feeling it made him nervous. I almost think he is in cahoots with @BlackBerryScoop or possibly even the same person.
    01-24-13 04:52 PM
    I have been chatting with the person who posted this picture. He is claiming that its a bb10 version for only certain devs and he is one of these special devs...with that said , I can assure you all that it is all a bunch of b.s including this photo of a playbook with picture app launched ,showing a transferred screen shot from a dev alpha device.

I asked him via email a few questions and I got the feeling it made him nervous. I almost think he is in cahoots with @BlackBerryScoop or possibly even the same person :eek
    im glad at least 1 other person has caught on
    BB12MX and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-24-13 04:55 PM
    Loved the lapdance tease though while it lasted. Thanks for the post with the goods on the photo.

I asked him via email a few questions and I got the feeling it made him nervous. I almost think he is in cahoots with @BlackBerryScoop or possibly even the same person :eek
    01-24-13 04:56 PM
    No chance of BB10 for the PB on Jan. 31. Just another broken promise.
    *** ***** ****** horse ******.
    Dougielas, Barljo and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-24-13 06:31 PM
    No chance of BB10 for the PB on Jan. 31. Just another broken promise.
    Personally, I know what you mean. Being an Apple fan, the iMore site said that iPhone29 should have been out last week. It was a real disappointment to hear that they haven't progressed beyond iPhone 5. Man what are they thinking. They are atleast 24 iterations away from properly sending an attachment with an email.
    RubberChicken76 and Banco like this.
    01-24-13 07:30 PM

I asked him via email a few questions and I got the feeling it made him nervous. I almost think he is in cahoots with @BlackBerryScoop or possibly even the same person.
    Why is there so much unnecessary bagging on BlackBerry Scoop? If its so unreliable to you then stop reading it! I personally take everything he says with a grain of salt but seeing the leaks he provides still makes me excited for BB10. Everything is technically speculation, why don't you jump down Crackberries throat every time they post something?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-24-13 08:13 PM
    *** ***** ****** horse ******.
    Never laughed so hard at any post. Have no idea what you said, but I doubt it was as funny as the edited version.

Barljo and jesse_h like this.
    01-24-13 09:04 PM
    When i dont believe it will be tomorrow or in january i do believe its not far,because at the inauguration they were previewing BB10 and they said they were using the playbooks to do so, and this was an official rim video from the blackberry blog
    01-24-13 10:03 PM
    When i dont believe it will be tomorrow or in january i do believe its not far,because at the inauguration they were previewing BB10 and they said they were using the playbooks to do so, and this was an official rim video from the blackberry blog
    The Presidential Inauguration? Cool. Obama was/is a BB fan.
    01-24-13 10:30 PM
    Aw, what? I love the existing Playbook interface. It's perfect. Please don't screw it up, RIM.

So will PB 2.1 be able to bridge to BB10 phones? I'd like to know I have the option of leaving my tablet's interface the way it is now if they manage to trash it through upgrades.
    01-25-13 07:47 AM
    Aw, what? I love the existing Playbook interface. It's perfect. Please don't screw it up, RIM.

So will PB 2.1 be able to bridge to BB10 phones? I'd like to know I have the option of leaving my tablet's interface the way it is now if they manage to trash it through upgrades.
    FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME YES The bridge will work on bb10 and PBOS2.1
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-25-13 07:52 AM
    FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME YES The bridge will work on bb10 and PBOS2.1
    One million? Really? Does that mean I won something?

Well, I suppose it means I won the right to decide which interface runs my Playbook. Which I'll take. Thanks!
    01-25-13 07:56 AM
    I heard this also.......and then the alarm clock went off.........
    Wow...Talk about a false alarm........pardon the pun.
    01-25-13 08:04 AM
    One million? Really? Does that mean I won something?

Well, I suppose it means I won the right to decide which interface runs my Playbook. Which I'll take. Thanks!
    Sorry, there have been many threads with people asking this very question. And yes you win.... win the rights to keep your OS to whatever OS you want for the time being lol
    01-25-13 08:06 AM

And I can tell you right now, the PB won't be trashed with the BB10 upgrade. RIM is making sure that everything runs a lot more smoothly now with Heins at the helm... no more botched updates or lacking features or broken features.
    BB_Bmore and BB12MX like this.
    01-25-13 08:11 AM
    Sorry, there have been many threads with people asking this very question. And yes you win.... win the rights to keep your OS to whatever OS you want for the time being lol
    I probably would have known that if I spent more time surfing these forums. Sorry about that.

And don't get me wrong. I'd love to see some additional capacities added to the Playbook. I'm also looking forward to the new AppWorld and plan on picking up a new phone when they hit the market. But the current PB control scheme is just so beautiful, I'd weep if it went away. I'll admit that I don't know much about the actual BB 10 functionality, but its appearance is similar to that Playschool nonsense of Windows 8 -- which is okay for a smartphone, in my mind, but please let my tablet remain so smooth.

I'll check it out once it becomes available, but it's a great relief to know I won't have to adopt it should it prove inferior.
    01-25-13 08:15 AM
    Thanks for your opinion but I will decide what I do and do not read okay? As far as jumping down CrackBerrys throat I would likely make fun of them too had they posted someone else's fake screen shot and claimed it to be there own and real. I like BlackBerry scoops enthusiasm but getting peoples hopes up about Netflix and such is not cool if there is no Netflix at launch. While you personally take everything he says with a grain of salt there are some who do not. He tells people that he represents RIM and when Netflix doesn't launch the masses will say "RIM lied" "another broken promise " etc...Wait..why am I explaining myself to you? If you don't like what I have to say maybe you can put me on mute instead of telling me what I should and shouldn't do?
    Why is there so much unnecessary bagging on BlackBerry Scoop? If its so unreliable to you then stop reading it! I personally take everything he says with a grain of salt but seeing the leaks he provides still makes me excited for BB10. Everything is technically speculation, why don't you jump down Crackberries throat every time they post something?
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-25-13 02:31 PM
53 123