lol can't wait to show this feature off... Hehheheeh
    johnkb24 likes this.
    02-20-12 09:32 PM
    If you hold your finger on the remote screen in the center just until the scroll bar appears on the Left edge of your PB screen, you can then scroll. Waiting for the remote to scroll lock then tapping is one step too many! Just thought i'd share...I had been reading about the two fingers...i guess like a multi-swipe, and was failing miserably. Just keep playing with it!
    02-20-12 09:35 PM
    I have found second error.

While navigating through aps on home screen, I can't seem to be able to find a way to scroll down to view the next apps on the lower part of the screen. I hope thts understandable
    I tried playing angry birds and play golf2, doesent seem to be working from my BB!
    Can anybody confirm if it does work?

.....Got my pb hooked up to my tv using hdmi now while I type this from my 9900
    I tried Angry Birds and it doesn't work neither does fruit ninja like game. However meteor storm and robin work flawlessly.
    I have found second error.

While navigating through aps on home screen, I can't seem to be able to find a way to scroll down to view the next apps on the lower part of the screen. I hope thts understandable
    02-20-12 09:36 PM
    LOL now I wonder how many threads are gonna be popping up about the new bridge app and everyone saying "look ma no hands" LOL and wow I can control my PB from my phone ect ect
    02-20-12 09:38 PM
    I am on Rogers... while in app world, alt+RST, uninstall bridge, restart then reinstall...worked for me after that.
    I'm on Telus in Ontario, not seeing a new Bridge app yet

tried the steps above.... nothing
    02-20-12 09:41 PM
    I've got a ton of music, but scrolling to get to a song I like is a bit of a struggle, (using the hold trackpad to drag approach), scrolling doesn't work in 1.0.8 music app, hope that's fixed in 2.0, but still freaking excited!!

Let's Rock and Roll This!
    02-20-12 09:42 PM
    Hey guys, first off, the remote control function is really cool!!!

Quick question though, I can't figure out how to scroll up the home screen to get the icons that are beyond the bottom of the screen, know what I mean? It says to use 2 fingers to scroll vertically, but this only works within documents or emails?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

James
    02-20-12 09:50 PM
    I've got a ton of music, but scrolling to get to a song I like is a bit of a struggle, (using the hold trackpad to drag approach), scrolling doesn't work in 1.0.8 music app
    Scrolling works adequately in the 1.0.8 music app.

First, to get to a particular song or artist, you can simply type the first letter. That saves a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

Second, you can fairly quickly alternate between holding down the trackpad button (entering drag lock mode) to scroll the list, and just tapping the trackpad button to reposition the mouse arrow.
    02-20-12 09:59 PM
    so glad I didn't get some stupid ipad
    mz. yaya and ralfyguy like this.
    02-20-12 10:00 PM
    I am including Bridge Specific features and keyboard shortcuts in my upcoming app releases. Great!

The update truly does increase your productivity 1000%. Even the BlackBerry Word Substitution/Auto text feature works.

WINNING!!!
    02-20-12 10:04 PM

Quick question though, I can't figure out how to scroll up the home screen to get the icons that are beyond the bottom of the screen, know what I mean? It says to use 2 fingers to scroll vertically, but this only works within documents or emails?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

James
    Its a painful experience and I hope they update this soon but what I've been doing is holding down either the track pad or touching and holding your finger on the screen of your phone and it will lock it. You can then scroll down, a bit. You will need to click to get it off the lock, then click and hold again to go again.
    Last edited by eKafara; 02-20-12 at 10:09 PM.
    02-20-12 10:06 PM

Any ideas?

Thanks!

James
    It may have been answered by now

Press/HOLD the trackpad until the vibe/buzz. You now have scroll. But to keep it going you may have to toggle if off and then on again to get to the bottom of the icons.
    02-20-12 10:09 PM
    Can anyone confirm the open on playbook feature does not work with 1.0.8
    Works for me with email at least. Bold 9930 through Sprint on latest official build. 9930/7.1.0.163
    02-20-12 10:13 PM
    Its a painful experience and I hope they update this soon but what I've been doing is holding down either the track pad or touching and holding your finger on the screen of your phone and it will lock it. You can then scroll down, a bit. You will need to click to get it off the lock, then click and hold again to go again.
    from another thread, touch the screen for 2 seconds then do a swipe just like you would on the PB. It will rapidly scroll you down the page.
    02-20-12 10:14 PM
    how do we zoom using it?
    02-20-12 10:17 PM
    Has anyone else's 'Bridge Browser' icon disappeared from the PlayBook with the upgrade?
    02-20-12 10:22 PM
    can the trackpad on 9930 be used to scroll or do I have to use the touchscreen.
    02-20-12 10:23 PM
    Mine has disappeared as well, but I never used it. I use the regular browser when not on wifi. Made no difference. Works on cellular network as well.
    02-20-12 10:25 PM
    Cool, same here. I usually just open the PlayBook 'Native' browser when no WiFi, just something i noticed. It's just my luck that it'd only happen to me, thought I'd check it out. Thanks.
    02-20-12 10:29 PM
    Wow! Another forum post without the bitterness of people complaining about something that RIM did or didn't do. This is a pleasant surprise.
    02-20-12 10:30 PM
    bridge browser icon gone
    02-20-12 10:33 PM
    thanks guys, holding down on the trackpad and waiting for the buzz works
    02-20-12 10:34 PM
    Wow that would be very hard to do with NO WIFI!
    I haven't used the Bridge Browser for months. A few months a go there was an update to the Bridge app that extended your BlackBerry data connection to almost all apps on the PlayBook. Including regular browser, podcasts, weather, FaceBook, and many others that I can't remember at the moment.
    02-20-12 10:35 PM
266 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD