Watch out when typing a password into something on your PlayBook from your phone. Your phone doesn't recognize that it's typing a password so it shows what you're typing on your phone screen.
    laidbackguy likes this.
    02-20-12 08:58 PM
    scrolling in the music library is a problem, i wish it was as easy as the browser, i have to middle button then scrolll/
    Alternate holding down the trackpad (drag lock mode) to slide the music library then clicking the trackpad to move the cursor.

Not as easy as finger swiping but it works.
    02-20-12 08:59 PM
    Ok...I had to type this on my phone too!
    02-20-12 09:00 PM
    First, I too, am typing this on my phone (9850)....it's freakin' awesome.

Secnd, someone else may have mentioned this but if you click the bb menu key while in 'remote' mode you can change the touchscreen settings and trackpad settings....

This is too cool....Go Rim!!!!!
    02-20-12 09:01 PM
    I love this feature so much. I wonder how many Playbook owners aren't touching the screen right now because of the BBBridge update
    02-20-12 09:06 PM
    I love this feature so much. I wonder how many Playbook owners aren't touching the screen right now because of the BBBridge update
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zDygujgj4[/YT]

guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    02-20-12 09:09 PM
    I'm a pretty big BlackBerry fan and I LOVE this new feature. I'm running a 16 GB PlayBook with a Curve 8530. Some features are still not working, but I noticed that if you click the trackpad it will "grab" the screen and while the trackpad is depressed, you can "flick" it just like your finger. Turning on the num lock feature (alt+left shift) will allow you to scroll without having to hold down the alt key. Can't wait to see what the new OS has in store now that we have the phone half....
    02-20-12 09:12 PM
    Didn't want to read all the posts and mine got closed so...
    OK... Am I nuts (don't answer that) or does anybody else notice that when you use the bridge remote and wish to do a two finger scroll, it goes in the opposite direction than usual?

On the Playbook, as you know, you touch the screen and swipe up and you are seeing new material from the bottom of the web page etc...
    On the bridge remote, if you use two fingers for scrolling it goes toward the top of the page.
    This is hilarious!
    I'm not pulling a fire alarm bell here, and I'm not even slightly upset. I just think it's odd that someone would do that. If it were me, I'd change that for sure... Unless somebody can tell me why it should be this way....
    Maybe it will change on OS 2, but somehow I highly doubt that...

9800 and OS 1.0.8.

I see what you're saying but it makes sense for it to work that way, It's working like a mouse. I like it the way it is, they both feel natural.
    02-20-12 09:12 PM
    just downloaded bridge 2.0 works great!!!!!! i love blackberry.
    02-20-12 09:13 PM
    I'm typing this using my BB 9850 using the new remote feature.... I've also played around with it and have been able to control some apps with it. I am able to Play/pause radio stations in Nobex and also use my phone to shoot down asteroids in the game
    02-20-12 09:14 PM
    Remote control works, but now I'm getting the message "Blackberry Bridge is Locked" so I cannot connect to my BB email, etc. Was that supposed to happen?
    02-20-12 09:16 PM
    This is really cool, my buddy Sitting next too me (android user) just drooling right now! I use the bb9380 and this works really well, I find that its got the perfect screen size for all the gestures, the phone is light and perfect for typing with one hand.
    02-20-12 09:17 PM
    is there a way to control the playbooks volume through the RC?

Edit: besides going to options>sounds route.
    02-20-12 09:18 PM
    Haven't figuared out how to close an app with it yet

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    To close an app hold and swipe up in the blue area of the screen and not the bezel borders.
    Last edited by blazeon420; 02-20-12 at 09:28 PM.
    02-20-12 09:19 PM
    I just LOOOOVE this feature... Just amazing, I mean AMAZING.

This also makes it a lot easier to use your blackberry playbook as a gps, stereo, etc. For your car. Now you can easily use your bb to control it without getting a ticket (well less chances).

Also with my crazy fast bb typing skills I can now take notes through my bb.

One problem I found on the bridge feature is that from a list of options you can not scroll. Like for example I've to choose which BB I have for registration, I can't scroll using the reg scroll feature.

But still u can easily switch between aps, jut scroll the mous to bottom till u get a different cursor, and alt click. AmAzing!!!! Time to get bold 9900 so I don't get CPT from this 9900 typing
    02-20-12 09:22 PM
    The remote feature was working greatt! Up until I pressed "View on Playbook" and the webpage i had on my phone browser did come up on my playbook browser no problem at all. But then my remote got wonky and it disconnected and now I can't connect as a remote anymore. My bridge still works. I can still go on my bbm and all that but for some reason my remote won't connect to the playbook anymore. I wonder if it's because it's not 2.0 yet and the View on Playbook thing totally screwed it up. GAH! I hope a restart on my phone fixes this problem...
    02-20-12 09:23 PM
    I'm loving this new remote feature. It works flawless on the 9850!
    02-20-12 09:24 PM
    Hey. ThIs is really kool! Writing this from my torch 9860!! Now I really can't wait for OS 2.0!! I wasn't in a hurry before cuzz I was already happy and enjoying my PB but NOW I'm really anxious LOL
    02-20-12 09:25 PM
    The remote feature was working greatt! Up until I pressed "View on Playbook" and the webpage i had on my phone browser did come up on my playbook browser no problem at all. But then my remote got wonky and it disconnected and now I can't connect as a remote anymore. My bridge still works. I can still go on my bbm and all that but for some reason my remote won't connect to the playbook anymore. I wonder if it's because it's not 2.0 yet and the View on Playbook thing totally screwed it up. GAH! I hope a restart on my phone fixes this problem...
    Gluck buddy... I used the open in playbook feature for an email and it worked Perfectly... No lag nothing.

I'm so happy this feature lives up to expectations and MORE..
    So... a few things that I noticed after playing around with Remote that some people haven't listed yet.

1) If you want to make using the Remote Control app easier to access and you use something akin to QuickLaunch, what you add is Application and search for net_rim_Remote_Control_app to launch the app itself...not to be confused with the lib file.

2) If you use the Remote Control function to swipe down/up on the phone, it WILL wake up the PB. How awesome is that??

'Open On' works just fine for me, although I'm still sitting on the 2.0.0.7111 beta, so not sure if there's anything not working here vs. what's not working on the 1.0.8 builds.

Can't wait for 0401!!
    I'm on Rogers in Ontario and no new bridge for me. Says I have the latest version and in App world it is still the old one. Tried restarting, battery pull, no new update....

Maybe because I have a 9000? Anyone else with a 9000 got it working?
    I am on Rogers... while in app world, alt+RST, uninstall bridge, restart then reinstall...worked for me after that.
    02-20-12 09:26 PM
    I tried playing angry birds and play golf2, doesent seem to be working from my BB!
    Can anybody confirm if it does work?

.....Got my pb hooked up to my tv using hdmi now while I type this from my 9900
    02-20-12 09:27 PM
    just noticed bridge browser is nowhere to be seen, what's up with that? hope its not gone for good, it comes in handy when on the go and not near a wifi hotspot
    I believe since they opened up all the data usage, both browsers were working the same, in a non-wifi location. IE. both browsers were using your phone's data as it was always connected through the bridge after the Spring snub
    02-20-12 09:29 PM
    Gluck buddy... I used the open in playbook feature for an email and it worked Perfectly... No lag nothing.

I'm so happy this feature lives up to expectations and MORE..
    Phew. A hard reset on my phone fixed everything. I don't think i'm gonna use the Open in playbook feature yet until OS2 is officially on my tablet. lol
    02-20-12 09:29 PM
    is there a way to control the playbooks volume through the RC?

Edit: besides going to options>sounds route.
    Yes, navigate to the main options menu and choose audio.
    02-20-12 09:30 PM
266 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD