This is great! Just plugged PB into the TV and navigated from the couch. . The alt+trackpad works great for scrolling. Anyone figure out how to zoom for non-touch devices?
    02-20-12 08:31 PM
    The combinations that people try and discover always amazes me. Keep it up CrackBerry nation!!!
    02-20-12 08:31 PM
    is this new update only for os7 phones. I don't seem to get any indication I can upgrade anything on my 9780
    Working great on my 9780
    02-20-12 08:32 PM
    On you phone hit menu, then App Menu, or Home....
    When I'm in the ALL icon menu, I canNOT get down to the apps below tier/row 3. It merely contracts back to the one row.
    02-20-12 08:32 PM
    plug it into your TV and sit on your couch and absorb
    Yup, start thinking "outside" of the box!
    02-20-12 08:33 PM
    Phone rebooting now. So excited!!!
    02-20-12 08:36 PM
    Hey for those without touchscreens.. Alt+left shift key keeps you in scrolling mode till you disable alt again. Definitely Easier for one handed use, in case it hasn't been mentioned yet!

F2 - scrolling on my home screen works ok for me. I was having problems getting remote to work after I tried opening pictures on playbook.. Doesn't seem we can do that till 2.0. Battery pull got everything working back to normal for me though. It is slightly buggy on the 1.0.8
    I'm writing this using remote and getting all the cool BB typing features!

BTW, use two fingers on your BB to scroll!
    This is absolutely AWESOME. However does anyone know how to scroll through the home page

I'm also typing this remotely.
    Works like a champ from Torch 7.1 and 2.0.0.7111
    02-20-12 08:38 PM
    I'm on Rogers in Ontario and no new bridge for me. Says I have the latest version and in App world it is still the old one. Tried restarting, battery pull, no new update....

Maybe because I have a 9000? Anyone else with a 9000 got it working?
    02-20-12 08:38 PM
    This is amazing...I'm pretty pumped for OS2 in a few hours. Once BB Videos is available, that + remote control = no more On Demand, Blockbuster, nothing. BB all the way!
    02-20-12 08:39 PM
    █░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░█▀█░█░░█░█░░█▀█▀█░█▀▀█░█▀▀█
    █░█░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░█░█▀▀█░█░░█
    ▀░▀▀▀░▀░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▀░▀░░▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░
    ░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░
    ░▒▒█░░▒▒▒▒██░░▒▒▒░
    ▒▒████▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░
    ░░▒▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░
    ░░░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░
    ░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░
    02-20-12 08:40 PM
    can't wait to head home and set it all up, i guess i will be dropping off to macdonalds,
    to download the update since i won't be home yet. meanwhile i will be reading the,
    posts on crackberry to keep up on date if possible. so awesome.
    02-20-12 08:42 PM
    I hope that we can use "open up" with video and music in some update down the road.
    02-20-12 08:43 PM
    scrolling in the music library is a problem, i wish it was as easy as the browser, i have to middle button then scrolll/
    02-20-12 08:43 PM
    When I'm in the ALL icon menu, I canNOT get down to the apps below tier/row 3. It merely contracts back to the one row.
    GOT IT!!!! Hold the trackpad for 2-3 seconds wil activate the Drag-Lock!
    02-20-12 08:44 PM
    This is absolutely AWESOME. However does anyone know how to scroll through the home page

I'm also typing this remotely.
    I can only hold one finger on the screen till I get the screen lock then I can scroll using one finger.
    02-20-12 08:46 PM
    Hey for those without touchscreens.. Alt+left shift key keeps you in scrolling mode till you disable alt again. Definitely Easier for one handed use, in case it hasn't been mentioned yet!

F2 - scrolling on my home screen works ok for me. I was having problems getting remote to work after I tried opening pictures on playbook.. Doesn't seem we can do that till 2.0. Battery pull got everything working back to normal for me though. It is slightly buggy on the 1.0.8
    I will consider a reboot of phone - darn thing takes 11-12 minutes to reboot. And I did try using the Presenter with pictures. Only could move Next and not previous.
    02-20-12 08:47 PM
    This is sick! I know there are a ton of similar "pointless" messages here saying the same, but I just had to try out my BB keyboard to write something!! The excitement from last April is coming back!!
    02-20-12 08:48 PM
    GOT IT!!!! Hold the trackpad for 2-3 seconds wil activate the Drag-Lock!
    Yikes - YES indeed. Thanks.

AGain, when an app is full screen how do you close it? Do you need to use the Menu, Home or is there another way with the mouse/cursor?
    Last edited by F2; 02-20-12 at 08:50 PM.
    02-20-12 08:48 PM
    FYI,

remote control WORKS with the 1.0.8 PlayBook OS as long as you download the 2.0 Bridge right now

Non-touchscreen users:

To use bezel gestures, scroll to the edge and push alt+click trackpad

Bold Touch users: Touchscreen use/trackpad use as mouse is automatic switching (i can go touchscreen mouse control to trackpad instantly)

On 1.0.8, the main "open on PlayBook" working feature is email links.
    WOW.......I just downloaded bridge 2.0 and I'm typing on my storm 9550. This one feature is HUGE for me. I have arthritis in my hands-its easier for me to type on the storm virtual keyboard than plinking on the PB keyboard.(both are less painful than a regular keyboard.)
    I can use my thumbs and type-which causes me no pain.My PB is the .7111 beta build, it all works fine.
    Thanks RIM for a unique and wonderful feature.
    My playbook has pretty much replaced my laptop at work; with this one upgrade I have a feeling that laptop is going to stay in its bag for a long long time....
    Wow...
    02-20-12 08:49 PM
    Awesome... thanks for the Tip.
    02-20-12 08:49 PM
    I'm on Rogers in Ontario and no new bridge for me. Says I have the latest version and in App world it is still the old one. Tried restarting, battery pull, no new update....

Maybe because I have a 9000? Anyone else with a 9000 got it working?
    Did you try Alt+RST?
    02-20-12 08:53 PM
    If you do a one second hold on the app docks you can scroll up/down left/right. You don't have to wait till it scroll locks. Plus if it scroll locks it locks the mouse in that one spot and may prevent you from getting to all your bottom apps (non-touch screen). With a little practice its become real easy to scroll around on the main screen.

Same with photos. Hold the trackpad down and quick flick in the direction you want to go. No ALT needed.
    02-20-12 08:56 PM
    Didn't want to read all the posts and mine got closed so...
    OK... Am I nuts (don't answer that) or does anybody else notice that when you use the bridge remote and wish to do a two finger scroll, it goes in the opposite direction than usual?

On the Playbook, as you know, you touch the screen and swipe up and you are seeing new material from the bottom of the web page etc...
    On the bridge remote, if you use two fingers for scrolling it goes toward the top of the page.
    This is hilarious!
    I'm not pulling a fire alarm bell here, and I'm not even slightly upset. I just think it's odd that someone would do that. If it were me, I'd change that for sure... Unless somebody can tell me why it should be this way....
    Maybe it will change on OS 2, but somehow I highly doubt that...

9800 and OS 1.0.8.

02-20-12 08:57 PM
266 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD