FYI,

remote control WORKS with the 1.0.8 PlayBook OS as long as you download the 2.0 Bridge right now

Non-touchscreen users:

To use bezel gestures, scroll to the edge and push alt+click trackpad
    Thanks for the bezel gesture tips. Time to move the Bridge higher up the homepage.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-20-12 07:40 PM
    I love that you can set your Playbook up to take a photo and get into the frame yourself and snap the pic using your phone as a remote! Very cool!
    Chrisy, FF22 and laidbackguy like this.
    02-20-12 07:40 PM
    You don't need the bridge browser. When you are in bridge mode the regular browser works!
    Thank you guys ---- i was in a total panic - all better now
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-20-12 07:41 PM
    Bridge Browser is gone
    Mine isn't.
    Wow, typing this from my Bold 9900. Loving this remote+keyboard feature!

Well done RIM!
    Thanks for the bezel gesture tips. Time to move the Bridge higher up the homepage.
    My dad has the 9630 and so i figured other people were having a time figuring that out. He's impressed and we have yet to get OS 2.0
    02-20-12 07:42 PM
    Just for kicks, I added my 9900 to my laptop through Bluetooth and lo and behold... I can use the mouse and keyboard from my phone on my PC!

This is awesome.
    Do you have instructions describing how to do this?
    02-20-12 07:43 PM
    freakin amazing. Lets hope this is going to be the game changer. I hate to say it but if 2.0 doesnt help not sure whats going to happen. I will show my BB tat proudly (sry more proudly and much more frequently lol) while i show off my new remote feature to the crapple fans at work. bwahahahha
    02-20-12 07:43 PM
    Use the regular browser
    I know you think that's helpful, but remember that some of us are connected to a BES and if we want to access the corporate Intranet, some of us need the Bridge Browser to do that. please don't discount the Bridge Browser when someone asks for help with it.

If the Bridge Browser is missing try rebooting the PlayBook and the Phone. You can also try removing and re-adding the PB to bridge.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 02-20-12 at 07:48 PM.
    02-20-12 07:44 PM
    ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT, Calm down. I got this!

Alt + trackpad motion is scroll.. ONLY IN THE BROWSER. On the home screen it's holding the trackpad down + trackpad motion.

I don't know why these 2 things are seperate. One might imagine this gets changed.

For bezel Gestures.. one might imagine to get the cursor to the edge of the screen.. and then clicking. However it doesn't work yet. Thus we just use the Menu Key and select ''next app'' or ''home'' or whatever you like.

To close an app.. Select ''home'' and navigate the cursor to the little X button below the app.
    actually using alt + trackpad on ur bb phone will do the trick

also you can close an app by simply swiping over it with a mouse click

its actually quite easy guys treat the trackpad like you would the pb screen and if a click doesnt work try alt + click and the jestures will work!!

one problem though... I have college tomorrow and I cant sleep due to massive 2.0 anxiety! DAMN YOU RIM!!!!!

PS* make sure u "enable drag-lock support" in bridge remote control settings!!
    Last edited by ILFees; 02-20-12 at 07:48 PM.
    02-20-12 07:44 PM
    I know you think that's helpful, but remember that some of us are connected to a BES and if we want to access the corporateSo please don't discount the Bridge Browser when someone asks for help with it. Intranet, some of us need the Bridge Browser to do that.
    Well luckily I think RIM thought of that so if your at work and you need to use bridge + pb + web browser.. turn of the wireless on your pb.. and enjoy the wonders of bridge problem solved!

NOW REJOICE 2.0 IS NEAR!!!
    02-20-12 07:47 PM
    oh Krishna, this is good stuff!
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-20-12 07:47 PM
    I know you think that's helpful, but remember that some of us are connected to a BES and if we want to access the corporateSo please don't discount the Bridge Browser when someone asks for help with it. Intranet, some of us need the Bridge Browser to do that.

If the Bridge Browser is missing try rebooting the PlayBook and the Phone. You can also try removing and re-adding the PB to bridge.
    Dad has a 9630 on BES and he has Bridge Browser and it works fine. I cant take into account the dozens of BB models +OS + PlayBook OS combos out there. You literally have 24 hours to wait.
    02-20-12 07:48 PM

Can you open the page on your phones browser and then use the menu button to "open on playbook"?
    02-20-12 07:49 PM
    Remote works great on my playbook and my 9860
    02-20-12 07:50 PM
    This is such a frenzy and 2.0 isnt out yet! I think RIM really took a step in the right direction here.. I mean this is so unique!
    ILFees likes this.
    02-20-12 07:51 PM
    yay!! I got it. Takes a few to sink in with this blonde mane!
    02-20-12 07:52 PM
    I think we need a STICKY on using the Remote both with touch-screen phones and with the older trackpad ones (like I have!).
    laidbackguy likes this.
    02-20-12 07:53 PM
    Agree with the sticky! Hope the mods keep this madness organized
    02-20-12 07:56 PM
    So awesome! Glad they rolled out this feature a day early!
    02-20-12 07:58 PM
    Dad has a 9630 on BES and he has Bridge Browser and it works fine. I cant take into account the dozens of BB models +OS + PlayBook OS combos out there. You literally have 24 hours to wait.
    Strange, my post got all screwed around using my 9930, but anyway, I'm on BES and I have the Bridge Browser working fine too. I was just saying that telling someone to just use the regular browser when they are requesting help with the Bridge Browser is not helpful, even though I know you were trying to be.
    02-20-12 07:59 PM
    Wow! This feature alone is amazing! Add me to the list of people setting my alarm for 4:00 AM!
    (Typed from my brand spankin new remote control for playbook!!!)
    ekv likes this.
    02-20-12 08:01 PM
    I have a 9780 with bridge ver 1.0.7.4. When I check for updates it says I have the most recent version. I need ver 2.0 for bridge on my phone for it to work right?
    02-20-12 08:02 PM
    trying to update bridge, says there is an upgrade available but no upgrade button.. Hmm weird.
    I had the same issue on my wife's 9800. Just do a couple of refreshes of the app list. It eventually shows up.

Typing this from my 9900 is so cool even on 1.0.8.
    02-20-12 08:03 PM
    this is AWESOME
    02-20-12 08:03 PM
266 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD