I know the pb plays mkv files, but I have some anime with softsubs even dual audio. But there is no option to switch between audios and subtitles. Is there a way to do this? With another app or an android converted app?

I tried converting it to AVI but the file size increase is ridiculous. Went from 80mb MKV file to a 480mb AVI file.
    06-07-12 05:33 PM
    There is an app called MovieSrtPlayer that will play videos with soft subs provided that they are in .srt format, have the same name as the video file, and are not embeded in the video file, i haven't tried if it plays .MKVs but it does work with .mp4 and .avi files that use the Playbook's supported codecs, the app was released before RIM added support for the MKv container to the PlayBook so it might not work, i will try that when i get home and get you back on that one.

As for dual audio i havent found an app that will let you select from multiple audio sources, and its a shame that RIM supports MKVs natively but not its most useful features like multiple audio and subtitle selection.
    06-07-12 05:50 PM
    Most .mkv's with softsub use the . or .ssa type of files for subtitles. The Playbook does not support those.
    For dual audio, something like MKVMERGEGUI can take an audio track out, and similar programs can also extract the subtitles.
    Another program can then convert the . or .ssa to .srt
    Another solution is to use a program like handbrake, but it all depends on your technical skill.
    Also to be noted is the audio may not work on some videos soonce they use AC3 adio, which can be converted to AAC or MP3 or other supported
    06-07-12 07:54 PM
    Go to App World. Watchmore says it does what you are looking. To do. I think!?
    06-07-12 11:51 PM
    That app converts the videos with dual audio, but doesn't do subtitles. The file size was pretty good though. Can't believe hardsubbing a video made the file size 5 times more.
    06-08-12 12:00 AM
    Recently a player named av player launched which plays multiaudio and mkv files.
    03-14-14 03:20 AM
    Recently a player named av player launched which plays multiaudio and mkv files.
    1. You have revived a post from 2012
    2. That app is for BB10, NOT on the playbook

I see that is your first post, so please be mindful of posting replies in the correct areas, and there's no need to bring back an old thread like this from the dead.
    03-14-14 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD