I've heard for months that there's a 4G play book coming. My question is,...since it's still not here,...has RIM reconsidered/thought better of the whole play book situation?

Thanks in advance!
    06-06-12 06:29 PM
    I've heard for months that there's a 4G play book coming. My question is,...since it's still not here,...has RIM reconsidered/thought better of the whole play book situation?

Thanks in advance!
    We saw roadmaps that said it was supposed to be released by now. My guess is that RIM is waiting for the 2.1 release before releasing it.
    06-06-12 06:33 PM
    they are probabally waiting till the bb10 release
    06-06-12 06:40 PM

Thanks in advance!
    Planning on buying one or was trolling in news&rumors getting too boring?
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    06-06-12 06:47 PM
    I see a BB10 release hold out compared to 2.1.

2.1 is essentially everything they couldn't get ready for 2.0
    06-06-12 06:48 PM
    I actually bought a play book the month it was released. I was a ways off from impressed so I returned it. (they were $700 back then, keep in mind!) The fire sale + OS updates had me seriously considering having another go with it.

4G will play no role in the decision whatsoever though, cause I'll never buy a data plan for anything other than my phone. I suspect most people wouldn't. I was thinking maybe RIM had come to that realization as well.
    06-06-12 07:20 PM
    I actually bought a play book the month it was released. I was a ways off from impressed so I returned it. (they were $700 back then, keep in mind!) The fire sale + OS updates had me seriously considering having another go with it.

4G will play no role in the decision whatsoever though, cause I'll never buy a data plan for anything other than my phone. I suspect most people wouldn't. I was thinking maybe RIM had come to that realization as well.
    So basically, trolling then huh? Good luck with that, I'm sure you'll get a few bites.
    06-06-12 07:24 PM
    Wow, good call. I think you nailed it
    06-06-12 07:25 PM
    4G PB support is included in the current beta DM.
    Likely RIM is waiting for network provider testing before release of the tablet
    06-06-12 07:29 PM

False, most people who do so are companies, which is RIMs first market...or did you forget?
    06-06-12 07:31 PM
    I may move somewhere it doesn't get hot so I'm going to buy a car without airconditioning because I may not need it.

For those who don't get it, you don't need to use 4G just because the PlayBook may have it. But, should you ever want it, wouldn't it be nice to have the option?
    06-06-12 07:32 PM
    Well has corporate adoption of the play book been better than consumer adoption then?
    06-06-12 07:43 PM
    I'm sure a quick google search will tell you everything you need to know
    06-06-12 07:49 PM
    Well has corporate adoption of the play book been better than consumer adoption then?
    My corporation uses the pb exclusively, no byod here
    06-06-12 07:59 PM
    I haven't been following the whole playbook situation very closely, but are the 4g playbooks running the same hardware as the old playbooks?

If that's the case, it's already antiquated. I hope RIM updates the specs before a release, or they'll be back in the same boat where tablets are concerned.
    THBW likes this.
    06-06-12 08:02 PM
    Oh, and how can companies adopt a 4g pb if it isn't out yet?

Next question mister smart guy?
    06-06-12 08:04 PM
    Excellent question! I refer you to Crackcookie's question.
    06-06-12 09:15 PM
    Excellent question! I refer you to Crackcookie's question.
    If you want to troll, at least put some effort in..... C'mon guy, you can't be that lazy can you?
    06-06-12 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD