PB is supported by 10.2 and it just a matter of time when it will finally be available.... No real news on this front.... just be patient my friend

Posted via CB10
    There are clues everywhere.. think the official BlackBerry time line we saw previously showing 10.2 coming this summer I would expect a shortly thereafter follow up for bb10 on Playbook. In my opinion this is all what it boils down to.... 10.2 IS THE BB10 RELEASE FOR PLAYBOOK
    06-17-13 02:59 PM
    There are clues everywhere.. think the official BlackBerry time line we saw previously showing 10.2 coming this summer I would expect a shortly thereafter follow up for bb10 on Playbook. In my opinion this is all what it boils down to.... 10.2 IS THE BB10 RELEASE FOR PLAYBOOK
    Oh boy... brace yourself...
    gallopiton likes this.
    06-17-13 03:10 PM
    A quote from CEO Thorsten Heins: “In five years I don’t think there’ll be a reason to have a tablet anymore,” Heins said in an interview yesterday at the Milken Institute conference in Los Angeles. “Maybe a big screen in your workspace, but not a tablet as such. Tablets themselves are not a good business model.”

BlackBerry CEO Questions Future of Tablets - Bloomberg

Why would anyone expect a new tablet from BlackBerry. The first one was not a financial success (although it has a cult following) so why expect another one?
    06-17-13 03:14 PM
    I like my PB as is....so whatevs
    06-17-13 03:36 PM
    For me, it's not only about the new OS for the PlayBook. I'm waiting for a decent dock with an USB hub, standard HDMI connector and Ethernet port since I bought my PlayBook. Include the OS 10.2 feature to remotely establish a connection to your PC in order to browse your files and you have a portable Apple TV competitor.

That's my plan for the PlayBook since I got one. Hopefully BBRY is on the this path as well ...
    06-17-13 03:49 PM
    Oh boy... brace yourself...
    Well like I said look at clues...
    Attached Thumbnails Plans for the PlayBook?-bb10-roadmap.jpg   Plans for the PlayBook?-bb10.2-roadmap.jpg   Plans for the PlayBook?-rim-roadmap-2013.jpg  
    06-17-13 03:49 PM
    Well like I said look at clues...
    All signs point to Playbook and 10.2 in q3/q4
    Attached Thumbnails Plans for the PlayBook?-bb10.2-roadmap.jpg  
    06-17-13 03:51 PM
    10.0 was available for PlayBook in vendor portal forever ago...this means zero to me...if BlackBerry had plans to give the PlayBook the BlackBerry10 update then why Don't they talk about it like they use to?

Remember? All the tweets,interviews,blogs,comments...yup they use to talk about BB10 coming to PlayBook shortly after the Z10 launch.

They will not say ANYTHING about PlayBook now...nothing nada zero.

It aint happening. I do hope they would at least update the runtime so we can use apps like Skype instagram etc..

Oh and the BB10 browser wouldn't hurt either not would the keyboard nor would the camera...oh heck just give us something sheesh!!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and lcjr like this.
    06-17-13 04:03 PM
    just buy a playbook....you don't have much to lose. your getting it for cheap....and even as is it still performs very well and is butter smooth.

if and when bb10 come for the PB (hopefully finally soon) and it give us what most of us want (and want back too)....you probably will have very little chance to get one then as you'll have everyone flocking to grab all the old stock (yes...even the haters who said they'd never use or get a pb again....they will buy 2 or 3).

just get it. works perfectly fine. until bridge is changed back or improved. just use ur z10 as data source.
    06-17-13 04:09 PM
    just buy a playbook....you don't have much to lose. your getting it for cheap....and even as is it still performs very well and is butter smooth.

if and when bb10 come for the PB (hopefully finally soon) and it give us what most of us want (and want back too)....you probably will have very little chance to get one then as you'll have everyone flocking to grab all the old stock (yes...even the haters who said they'd never use or get a pb again....they will buy 2 or 3).

just get it. works perfectly fine. until bridge is changed back or improved. just use ur z10 as data source.
    Butter smooth? When the feels like it which isn't often. Sure you have a playbook?
    06-17-13 04:24 PM
    My PlayBook died a couple of months ago. sad as it was I moved on and just bought a Samsung Note 8.0. Nowhere close to being as good as the PlayBook but it serves my current needs and should BlackBerry put out a newer playbook, I will drop the Samsung like a hot potato. That being said, I'm rocking my Z10 more than anything else

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:26 PM
    My PlayBook died a couple of months ago. sad as it was I moved on and just bought a Samsung Note 8.0. Nowhere close to being as good as the PlayBook but it serves my current needs and should BlackBerry put out a newer playbook, I will drop the Samsung like a hot potato. That being said, I'm rocking my Z10 more than anything else

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious, what do you find sub par about it? I've never used one before. But as I've said, I have the Note 10.1 and I don't see the Android experiance getting much better than that.
    06-17-13 05:06 PM
    I forgot about this story from March: 6 New BlackBerry 10 Devices in 2013, BlackBerry PlayBook 10 OS By June | BlackBerry Empire

"an update from a BlackBerry official confirms that BlackBerry 10 tablet OS will launch by the end of the second quarter, by June. "

Hmmm..
    06-17-13 05:06 PM
    I'm curious, what do you find sub par about it? I've never used one before. But as I've said, I have the Note 10.1 and I don't see the Android experiance getting much better than that.
    C'mon. Be truthful. Have you never tried to swipe (when you can't) your android device and had to press the back or home button?
    06-17-13 06:15 PM
    C'mon. Be truthful. Have you never tried to swipe (when you can't) your android device and had to press the back or home button?
    Well yeah only all the time. I do it with my 9930 a lot too lol.
    06-17-13 06:58 PM
    Appreciate the inputs everyone. I will most probable hold off from getting one until I get concrete news that an update is coming.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:11 PM
    I forgot about this story from March: 6 New BlackBerry 10 Devices in 2013, BlackBerry PlayBook 10 OS By June | BlackBerry Empire

"an update from a BlackBerry official confirms that BlackBerry 10 tablet OS will launch by the end of the second quarter, by June. "

Hmmm..
    Can someone please hum the Jeopardy theme!???
    06-17-13 07:16 PM
    Well if you have the money the 4g PB could be a great idea. I believe BB10 will come to the PB, it's just a matter of when. With the 4g version you get more processing power, and so it's far more capable that the Wi-Fi version. When BB10 rolls out it should be able to rum BB10 way better than the original PB.
    06-17-13 10:11 PM
    Well if you have the money the 4g PB could be a great idea. I believe BB10 will come to the PB, it's just a matter of when. With the 4g version you get more processing power, and so it's far more capable that the Wi-Fi version. When BB10 rolls out it should be able to rum BB10 way better than the original PB.
    Didn't know that, thanks! Hope we get more news or any kind of update soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 01:38 AM
    I purchased my Playbook around 4-5 months ago during the firesale and haven't regretted it, paying $120 for a 32GB tablet was a steal. This tablet is "dead", I bought it not expecting any further updates and was fine with what it did "as is". There's a reason they are selling for the prices they are, BB continues to take a huge loss on them (they wrote off close to half a billion dollars). It's unlikely that they'll take a stab at the tablet market again for a long time.

If you approach it not expecting anything more than what it currently does, you'll be happy getting such a cheap tablet (especially considering all that it does do).
    FF22 and lcjr like this.
    06-18-13 03:08 AM
    just seen article over at N4BB stating that PB os10.1 update revealed in vendor portal, be warned as this does warn it could be a mistake by a web programmer, evidence of a PB2 or even a sign that update will soon occur.............................
    06-18-13 05:43 AM
    Plans for the Playbook?

Nothing
    Ничего
    Nada
    Niente
    Τίποτα
    Niets
    Nihil
    무가치
    khe chaina
    or my favorite

Jack-sh*t
    FF22 and bozvandam like this.
    06-18-13 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know a couple of people that have had PlayBook's die on them... they were purchased at the initial release and some of the failures were user "errors".

That said, out of the 2 Million or so PlayBooks that were made and the age of the PlayBook... If I were a stock holder I'd be mad if the company took time to tweak an OS for a older product that lost so much money.

I think the GPU is really the PlayBook's weak link and a reason that BB10 might not bee a good upgrade.

I know that the PlayBook got a lot of praise for how well games looked. But I really wanted a tablet for work, and using any browser on the PlayBook was a real pain - unless you like playing chess. And the PDF documents I needed to view also suffered from a lack of "video" memory. In both apps having to wait for the screen to be redrawn was a real pain every time I tried to scroll around.

So while BB10 might sound great to have... and they only way we will probable see any new apps or even updates to the apps we have. I have to wonder how a larger memory footprint will affect the shared video memory.

Really think BBRY needs to forget the current PlayBook, and focus on the new phones. And if they can build a new Tablet with BB10 on it.. great! But a tablet isn't a smartphone, it is a media consumption device - areas where the two biggest names in tablets have a HUGE advantage over BB. So I really think for now BBRY should focus on building their ecosystem and smartphone marketshare.
    06-18-13 08:16 AM
    Plans for the Playbook?

Nothing
    Ничего
    Nada
    Niente
    Τίποτα
    Niets
    Nihil
    무가치
    khe chaina
    or my favorite

Jack-sh*t
    Were all of those with the exception of the last one, on one web page or did it take time to compile the list?
    06-18-13 08:28 AM
    Really think BBRY needs to forget the current PlayBook, and focus on the new phones. And if they can build a new Tablet with BB10 on it.. great! But a tablet isn't a smartphone, it is a media consumption device - areas where the two biggest names in tablets have a HUGE advantage over BB. So I really think for now BBRY should focus on building their ecosystem and smartphone marketshare.

Here is my problem with that last thought. I did not purchase my 64GB PlayBook for $99. Yes, it was on sale when I bought it almost two years ago, but it was purchased at significant cost, with certain promises from the manufacturer. It WAS the new QNX OS that would later be known as BB10. That's what we were told. BlackBerry was unifying the tablet/phone OS so they were the same. It was made to sound like the phones would become like the PlayBook. At some point in time that changed. We would need to wait an extra year for the phones to be ready and when that happened, probably before, the tablet would be upgraded to match. Shortly before the Z10 release, we got our upgrade. Oh wait! Nope. Not what anyone thought. A minor upgrade. Then we're told that we would be getting the BB10 upgrade soon. Then sometime in 2013 (that could be two and a half years after purchase). Then..... crickets, silence, mum's the word, and the interesting thing is that none of the popular BlackBerry sites seem to be all over BlackBerry asking for any real information.

To suggest that BlackBerry should now create a new tablet is fine. Just don't expect the two million or so current PlayBook users to hop on that bus. Don't expect us to be helpful friends that recommend this wonderful new technology. Expect instead that we may very well caution potential buyers to beware getting the short end of the stick. Expect that we might use our PlayBooks as an example of promises never met. Expect that we might even extend that caution to the phones as well. A company that does not honour its promises is a company to be wary of.
    06-18-13 09:11 AM
71 123