Got a mini HDMI cable for my Playbook and hooked it to my 62" TV now I can catch all the episodes I missed that aren't on demand and the picture quality is incredible even with the large difference of the screen size. I definitely recommended getting one.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-04-11 04:26 AM
    What do you us to stream tv (webpage)
    12-04-11 04:48 AM
    Got a mini HDMI cable for my Playbook and hooked it to my 62" TV now I can catch all the episodes I missed that aren't on demand and the picture quality is incredible even with the large difference of the screen size. I definitely recommended getting one.
    It is truly one of the best features.
    12-04-11 05:35 AM
    When the playbook is plugged into your screen, what do you use to remote control? Bluetooth mouse? I've been debating whether or not to spend the money on an hdmi cable and whether I would use it enough, I am wondering what options are available for controlling the playbook while plugged in, seeing as though my screen is on the other side of the room?
    12-04-11 05:47 AM
    I hear bluetooth mouse keyboards work. No use for them myself. If you search the forums you should see which are compatible.
    12-04-11 05:50 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    its a great feature of the Playbook!!! ...
    12-04-11 06:31 AM
    any laptop or desktop can do the same, whats the big deal I have been gaming using my tv as a monitor through hdmi for 4 years now.
    wiredr likes this.
    12-04-11 08:16 AM
    any laptop or desktop can do the same, whats the big deal I have been gaming using my tv as a monitor through hdmi for 4 years now.
    The big deal its that the PlayBook its neither a laptop or a desktop, its a tablet!! the only one out there that can do this!!!
    12-04-11 08:40 AM
    Use mine hooked to my 65" TV to watch football playoffs only being broadcast on ESPN3. Worked quite well
    12-04-11 09:19 AM
    The big deal its that the PlayBook its neither a laptop or a desktop, its a tablet!! the only one out there that can do this!!!
    False. I pad does it with no cable or with HDMI cable, whatever you choose.

Nevertheless, There are a myriad of ways to put internet content on the television today. It seems duplicative to have to throw another device in the mix with a 15 ft cable. Maybe I am missing something.
    12-04-11 09:24 AM
    That's a MICRO hdmi to standard hdmi cable...

If you're going to talk about how awesome something is then at least get what you used correct.
    12-04-11 09:28 AM
    I ordered a 6ft HDMI cable for my playbook from Amazon.ca for $1.84. Works perfect.

HDMI to HDMI Type D Micro Cable 1.4, 6 FT / 1.8 M: Amazon.ca: generic
    12-04-11 10:10 AM
    I was blown away by the quality! I absolutely think this feature is a great asset to the playbook. In fact, I watch Youtube, movies and pictures with the whole family now because it's so easy to watch them through this feature. They absolutely love this as well, and my mom wants to get a tablet now as well; now that she's seen what the tablet is capable of hehe x3
    12-04-11 10:31 AM
    False. I pad does it with no cable or with HDMI cable, whatever you choose.

Nevertheless, There are a myriad of ways to put internet content on the television today. It seems duplicative to have to throw another device in the mix with a 15 ft cable. Maybe I am missing something.
    false. you would need a 99.99 dollar apple airplay receiver. i do think a hdmi cable or in m case a 2 dollar adapter+cable that works on an assortment of players or laptops sure beats a hundred dollar device that can only accept apple products whereas the hdmi can simply be taken out and used elsewhere if needed.
    12-04-11 10:35 AM
    I also use this feature and it is great. I watched a full length streamed Youtube movie the other day and it looked as good as a HD broadcast on the tv, and with no jitters or stops to rebuffer. I don't have the fastest wifi system, but even it worked to perfection through the PB.

I do wish the PB supported the mkv file format though. Hopefully this will come, and will save me a lot of time converting many movie files I have on my PC in that format.
    12-04-11 11:40 AM
    What is your point? If another product does the same, that would be a reason for not enjoying it on the PB?
    12-04-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD