It's been a while I've been using my PlayBook, it was working just fine until one day when I opened it up, the screen looked very dull. When I looked closely, I noticed that there were some pixels of the previous screen stuck on the new screen. Eg. When I restarted my tablet, on the home screen, there was a faint image of "BlackBerry PlayBook" written on the centre. When I opened the app world, the time was faintly displayed at the top while the world was loading.

Any kind of response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    07-13-16 02:24 PM
    So I see no one replied.... I guess you could try a security wipe or reload the os with BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry desktop...

I think it will work.. reload the os with your computer..
    I hope this helps...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:10 AM
    Thank you mate, I'll try that. I'll let you know if it helps.
    And yes, thanks for the reply!
    07-15-16 08:40 AM
    No problem !

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 11:01 AM
    Is this the PlayBook LTE (SIM enabled)?

I do know that those used a far cheaper screen than the original PlayBook, and that those screens had similar ghosting issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 11:29 AM
    No. it's a sim-less one. Just the 16GB Playbook.
    And, any suggestions to solve the ghosting issue?
    07-15-16 01:43 PM
    No. it's a sim-less one. Just the 16GB Playbook.
    And, any suggestions to solve the ghosting issue?
    Sorry I don't know - my original PlayBook didn't have the problem, but my LTE did. I believe it is hardware. Normally for me the image would fade over time and be replaced by whatever else happened to be on screen a long time. If it's permanent, it could be burn-in, in which case you may be stuck.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 02:05 PM
    Given how cheap they are, if you really want to stick with the PB I'd just buy a second hand one off Amazon or ebay.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 04:59 AM
    Given how cheap they are, if you really want to stick with the PB I'd just buy a second hand one off Amazon or ebay.

Posted via CB10
    Why would I waste money buying even th second hand money? I'll just buy iPad which, I assume is much better than PB.
    07-16-16 09:34 AM
    I'll just buy iPad which, I assume is much better than PB.
    You "assume"?... Depends what you're looking for from a Tablet and your budget... I assume.
    07-16-16 09:54 AM
    Why would I waste money buying even th second hand money? I'll just buy iPad which, I assume is much better than PB.
    Well yes that's obviously what you can do instead. You don't reckon that's why I said "if you really want to" do you?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 11:24 AM
    Well yes that's obviously what you can do instead. You don't reckon that's why I said "if you really want to" do you?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I get you. And nope, reloading didn't help.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    12-05-16 05:01 AM
    simply put it in a bath full of water and wait for the screen to die haha
    12-05-16 06:54 PM
    keep use it often... LCD burn in image due to memory effect of the LC... set up full white or full black few times might help... but I don't know which program would allow you to do that... Mirror? give it try... nothing to loss.. besides burn the back light life out as trade off if you really want to get rid of the ghost image. ;-). (you can google the burn-in image of LC... not recommend to do the MFG restore- heat up to above LC polling temp and allow LC to re-encor to the alignment layer and "poll" the LC set up... YOU CAN NOT do it on your own...).
    PlayBook_QNX likes this.
    12-05-16 08:00 PM
    Had that issue on a 64 gb that I bought for a backup. My other 64gb and 32gb lte never had the problem. The "ghosting" occurred from startup. BlackBerry PlayBook was left faintly on th e screen and icons would be in the background as you opened screens. Seemed to disappear when watching videos but the screen wasn't as crisp as it should have been. Tried all the suggested remedies. ie white and black screen left on. Nothing worked. Bought a digitizer off either ebay or amazon, I don't remember, replaced it and now it works perfectly. Also had to replace camera, glass and power buttons on my other 64gb which was dropped. Parts were not that expensive at the time. Was about 2 yrs ago

Posted via CB10 on one of Bold9000, 3 Playbooks, Q10, Z30,Z30 white, Passport, DTEK50 and Passport SE
    12-06-16 09:23 PM
    Will say it was a PITA. Had experience replacing screen on gf's I pad. Watched videos on YouTube for instruction. Would have been easier to buy another. But the feeling of accomplishment would not have been there.

Posted via CB10 on one of Bold9000, 3 Playbooks, Q10, Z30,Z30 white, Passport, DTEK50 and Passport SE
    12-06-16 09:35 PM
    It's been a while I've been using my PlayBook, it was working just fine until one day when I opened it up, the screen looked very dull. When I looked closely, I noticed that there were some pixels of the previous screen stuck on the new screen. Eg. When I restarted my tablet, on the home screen, there was a faint image of "BlackBerry PlayBook" written on the centre. When I opened the app world, the time was faintly displayed at the top while the world was loading.

Any kind of response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I Just replace a screen on my PB. I find PB parts are cheap on ebay that is if you don't mind them taking a month to ship. With the PB you have to work from the bottom up so the screen is the last thing. I had to remove the LCD display to get to the screen so I could have replaced the LCD easily. It's not hard to do and everything is pretty straight forwards. Just watch a tear down video on youtube then work backwards to put it back together. Plus you need the right tools they are cheap and easy to come across.
    12-09-16 08:49 AM
    I Just replace a screen on my PB. I find PB parts are cheap on ebay that is if you don't mind them taking a month to ship. With the PB you have to work from the bottom up so the screen is the last thing. I had to remove the LCD display to get to the screen so I could have replaced the LCD easily. It's not hard to do and everything is pretty straight forwards. Just watch a tear down video on youtube then work backwards to put it back together. Plus you need the right tools they are cheap and easy to come across.
    So its a hardware issue. I thought it to be related to be something to software. And yeah. thanks for the suggestions.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    12-09-16 09:52 AM
    You need to get rid of your tablet altogether - it's well beyond its use-by date.
    12-09-16 10:04 AM
    So its a hardware issue. I thought it to be related to be something to software. And yeah. thanks for the suggestions.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    If it's software a factory restore would fix it
    12-09-16 10:45 AM
    You need to get rid of your tablet altogether - it's well beyond its use-by date.
    Yes. I already have an iPad, thought of fixing it and giving it to my younger cousin.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    12-09-16 12:42 PM