I am pissed off. It seems that all I read lately is that this one is leaving or that another is selling their playbook because updates are not coming fast enough or because. Black Berry is now gonna concentrate only on their strong business customer markets and stay away from the personal market. This is so much horse #%@! I never had a BlackBerry product before, I have an iphone a Mac and a window's pc and now two playbooks. Right out of the box I was impressed with how much that I could do with the playbook out of the box it was more capable than its competitors playing video word processing etc were some areas where improvement was needed namely mail that have been addressed and some areas where growth is required like adobe. Nothing in this world happens overnight except the weather! It's been an up hill battle for RIM all the way, but this is an exceptional product. RIM has got my business. I have sold a half dozen playbooks since Christmas one even to the sales person at Walmart who recommended an ipad. I hardly use my iphone any more and wonder if a bb phone would be my next purchase I could do worse. YES I AM A FANBOY! But my respect has been earned!!!
    03-31-12 07:16 AM
    Cool story - thanks for sharing.....
    03-31-12 07:19 AM
    Not ever selling mine! Loving it!.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    MrBugMan and mzceetee like this.
    03-31-12 07:24 AM
    .... all that's missing is bethovens 5th playing in the background.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your pb and that it has lived up to your expectations. As they say - beauty in the eye of the beholder.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-31-12 07:25 AM
    Again, making software, debugging and repairing IS NOT like baking cookies... people must realize this !
    anon(3896606) and xindy like this.
    03-31-12 07:28 AM
    ...also selling and marketing a product without essential apps could have been foreseen if management wasn't busy trying to buy NHL franchises, but I digress.
    Last edited by leedium; 04-01-12 at 11:15 AM.
    03-31-12 07:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    If you think the PlayBook sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. The BlackBerry PlayBook forum is dedicated to PlayBook enthusiasts - not PlayBook haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave.
    03-31-12 07:46 AM
    My opinion is that each tab has its own negatives and positives, an equally you get what you pay for.

No need for me to go on about Flash, screen size, price etc...we all know the deal.
    leedium likes this.
    03-31-12 08:18 AM
    I am pissed off. It seems that all I read lately is that this one is leaving or that another is selling their playbook because updates are not coming fast enough or because.
    I guess if one sales playbook another one buys it so all stay the same ....

I will keep supporting rim, if the company goes bust [ highly unlikely ] then i will pick up android phone as i use google products a lot. I think rim is doing everything right to improve the situation. it might never be #1 again [ at least in the short term ] but can go back to being a viable competition to google, apple and microsoft.
    Last edited by bitek; 03-31-12 at 08:29 AM.
    03-31-12 08:26 AM
    It all comes down to needs and requirements.. Is the iPad flashy and shiny with a nice screen? Yep... Is it functional as a work/play device for ME? NO.. I have an iPad 2 and a PB and the iPad collects dust..

No iTunes requirement for syncing TV/Movies. No converting, nothing. Just copy over and they work.

Editing documents etc is simple and free on the PB. I can save docs, attach docs and email docs. Can't do any of this on the iPad without 3rd party apps that I have to pay through the nose for.

Size of the PB is absolutely perfect. I'll take it along just based on the size over the iPad because the iPad is a pain to carry around..

The email client on the PB is miles ahead of the iPad's.

I could go on and on why the PB is better than the iPad. Yes the iPad has more apps, but, I don't' care. I don't use my PB as my portable Nintendo DS replacement. I use it was a work/play device.
    Gerbelpix, Perogy01, xindy and 2 others like this.
    03-31-12 09:51 AM
    The Playbook has been the right TABLET for me. It can do so much that everyone wants it to do everything under the sun. The other tablets are truthfully very limited compared to the Playbook. So when it doesn't do everything under the sun people cry foul. Docs Excel Powepoint Adobe et al are strong features. Yet people complain, sell and buy another tablet and then make excuses for the new tab and end up using their laptop. Sure there are bugs and annoyances, but that is technology for you. When other tabs have defects they are excused as only a small glitch. When you have to buy apps at more than $10 for the abovementioned for other tabs,.they still have bugs, but the sheep keep quiet. Yes the Playbook has bugs/annoyances but no more so than any other. Personally I really have enjoyed my PlayBook as a tool and toy. Here's hoping to more features and excitement.
    black hole likes this.
    03-31-12 10:22 AM
    What I am trying to say is that it is a good product that's getting better. You get more out of box than you do with Apple having to spend even more money to get the same functionality. In spite of negative press or opinions that start with individuals (all of this complaining just makes it worse).The playbook is a good product that's getting better but that takes time.if you are not satisfied as sav25 says you get what you pay for perhaps this is not the product for you. Grow up! Stop whining! Start being constructive not destructive,or move on. The playbook and rim can look after themselves without you and your less than stellar contributions.
    wcgarette and black hole like this.
    03-31-12 10:22 AM
    I'm not pissed, I'm elated. I wish more haters would would just come to the realization that they're not only unwelcome, but not needed on a forum dedicated to the PlayBook. They bring nothing to the table, they introduce topics of statistically improbable phony PB failings, and they generally bring their cleverly disguised bias' which only leads to flame fests. Less FUD, less whine, less smack, less BS, less fake fail stories, less crying over apps, less browser speed bitchin', less comparisons to other brands, less personal attacks on enthusiasts, less girly drama, less....... Each time a pseudo-member announces his departure, is really just one more of a whole lot of less. Embrace these departures, whether it be by self emulation or MOD bannings; either way, less is really more
    black hole and regalbeegle like this.
    03-31-12 10:39 AM
    Do people not research anything anymore?

After I sold my iPhone and got the 9900, I decided I was going to get a 4th Gen iPod to keep my apps and games and be used as my portable media hub. I did some researching and came to the conclusion that the PlayBook would be better suited for me. Most of the apps I use regularly were either availabe in App World or were shortcuts from accessing the information online. So I really just lost out on the games, which I don't play much of anyways.

I got a 32GB PlayBook a little while back and so far, I'm loving it. Would I have enjoyed having an iPod? Absolutely! But after comparing the prices and knowing I could use BlackBerry Bridge and the price of the PlayBook being cheaper that a 32 GB model iPod, I decided that I would get more use out of the PlayBook.

The problem is, people now days don't take the time to know what a certain product does/doesn't do and buys either on impulse or word of mouth (media). Then, when it doesn't do what they want it to do, they get upset and then go look at what the competition does. If they would have just taken the time to research in the first place they likely would have been happier.
    Harryl6134 and leedium like this.
    03-31-12 11:03 AM
    My first RIM product was my fantastic PB. My next one will be BB10. I think they will make a great pair.
    03-31-12 11:21 AM
    Cool story - thanks for sharing.....
    Lol. That was a good laugh.

FWIW, I think that Rim focusing on business is a good thing. That has been the one thing that Rim has consistently been good at. They should do what they know and everything will fall into place. Remember, this is the same strategy that Rim used to grow so big.
    xindy likes this.
    03-31-12 11:43 AM
    I am pissed off...Black Berry is now gonna concentrate only on their strong business customer markets and stay away from the personal market.
    Your analysis of RIM's Q4 earnings statements differs from others', including our friend Bla1ze: http://crackberry.com/reality-check-...onsumer-market

However, many of us have noted that RIM's success in the consumer market has hurt their reputation in the business world, and the recent BYOD trend is only eating further into it. The business market is RIM's core business -- and they're certainly not well-enough-positioned in the consumer market to live off that revenue and give up the business realm. So I agree with posters like Pearl9100 below, and with Thorsten's strategy announcement: RIM needs to shore up their sagging business sales, because it's the basis of their entire company.

FWIW, I think that Rim focusing on business is a good thing. That has been the one thing that Rim has consistently been good at. They should do what they know and everything will fall into place. Remember, this is the same strategy that Rim used to grow so big.
    polytope and smartie88 like this.
    03-31-12 12:12 PM
    My first RIM product was my fantastic PB. My next one will be BB10. I think they will make a great pair.
    Same. I've never been a smartphone connoisseur. I'm young, and being locked into two contracts since my smartphone experience, I went with cheap at first. I've tried the iPhone, I've tried android phones, but have never had a Blackberry. My brother does, and I just love the tactile feeling of them, the user experience so far is amazing.

Now that I've experienced QNX, my next phone will definitely be a BB10. I'm excited for it!
    03-31-12 01:16 PM
    RIM has successfully designed a PHONE that works great(no dropped calls,echoes etc etc) AND functions as a great work tool (email, docs etc etc) PLUS its a very secure device. I have refused to buy an iphone for the longest time, originally because of the way you were/are handcuffed into buying everything from the istore and many apps and functions were/are restricted to Apple specs etc etc. My Blackberry has never failed me with phone calls and email etc etc, sure it lacks in the apps/games dept, but the same way RIM struggles to perfect apps, Apple struggles to perfect the bis client, work related tools AND more importantly the phone functions.

Some of my friends have the iphone, or the Samsung phones, and they all have great apps and games, but they cannot hold a candle to my Blackberry when it comes to being productive(for the most part). Plus everytime I call them its all about "Can you hear me now?" Or I have to deal constantly with the annoying echo their phones produce, I get so confused speaking to them on the phone, all I hear is my voice speaking back to me repeating everything I say, and it doesn't have anything to do with their carrier(we have the same carrier service). I love my blackberry, I am able to download music from anywhere and swap and exchange music and files from my computer my Playbook and websites. My wife just lost thousands of songs from her crappy ipod and you have to purchase them all from istore and all this nonsense, I really don't understand it.

With all that said, I obviously love my Playbook as well, it compliments my Blackberry (BOLD 9900 btw)beautifully.

Sorry for the long post. Thank You, have a nice day.
    03-31-12 02:00 PM
    I'm not pissed, I'm elated. I wish more haters would would just come to the realization that they're not only unwelcome, but not needed on a forum dedicated to the PlayBook. They bring nothing to the table, they introduce topics of statistically improbable phony PB failings, and they generally bring their cleverly disguised bias' which only leads to flame fests. Less FUD, less whine, less smack, less BS, less fake fail stories, less crying over apps, less browser speed bitchin', less comparisons to other brands, less personal attacks on enthusiasts, less girly drama, less....... Each time a pseudo-member announces his departure, is really just one more of a whole lot of less. Embrace these departures, whether it be by self emulation or MOD bannings; either way, less is really more
    I'd love to get my hands on some of the stuff that you're smoking . Reading your posts one gets the impression that there are only 2 colours - black and white . You either love the pb or you hate it and anyone that questions the playbooks track record/performance is automatically a troll looking to stir up s**t and should be banned.
    In the real world , in between black and white there is grey , probably more of it than of the other 2 colours. What's wrong with constructive criticism ? How can ppl not be frustrated with a product that is far from perfect - regardless of potential ?

There is no doubt that there are ppl here that want to rock the boat but they are by far a small minority - not everyone that posts something negative should be ridiculed , tarred, feathered and driven out of town . jmho
    balding1 and ambarmetta like this.
    03-31-12 03:06 PM
    RIM has successfully designed a PHONE that works great(no dropped calls,echoes etc etc) AND functions as a great work tool (email, docs etc etc) PLUS its a very secure device. I have refused to buy an iphone for the longest time, originally because of the way you were/are handcuffed into buying everything from the istore and many apps and functions were/are restricted to Apple specs etc etc. My Blackberry has never failed me with phone calls and email etc etc, sure it lacks in the apps/games dept, but the same way RIM struggles to perfect apps, Apple struggles to perfect the bis client, work related tools AND more importantly the phone functions.

Some of my friends have the iphone, or the Samsung phones, and they all have great apps and games, but they cannot hold a candle to my Blackberry when it comes to being productive(for the most part). Plus everytime I call them its all about "Can you hear me now?" Or I have to deal constantly with the annoying echo their phones produce, I get so confused speaking to them on the phone, all I hear is my voice speaking back to me repeating everything I say, and it doesn't have anything to do with their carrier(we have the same carrier service). I love my blackberry, I am able to download music from anywhere and swap and exchange music and files from my computer my Playbook and websites. My wife just lost thousands of songs from her crappy ipod and you have to purchase them all from istore and all this nonsense, I really don't understand it.

With all that said, I obviously love my Playbook as well, it compliments my Blackberry (BOLD 9900 btw)beautifully.

Sorry for the long post. Thank You, have a nice day.
    I don't know which Samsung phone you are referring to, but mine has a crystal clear sound, which is even too loud if you turn the volume all the way up. Guess what, it is also a "tool" if you know how to use it. It can do pretty much anything a BB can do. Maybe less BBM.

Btw, it looks like RIM's marketing is working as well as Apple's or other company's marketing. The "tools, not toys" thing has caught on so many people. I've seen people saying the PB is a "tool, and other tablets are toys", "it is the only professional grade Tablet PC (Tablet PC, other tablets are just tablets )" claims so many times on this forum. Can't really help but wonder how the same people can blame other consumers for blindly following Apple or other company marketing.
    03-31-12 03:28 PM
    I honestly think that most of these "I'm Selling..." threads are just baiting threads and nothing more. Most don't own a PlayBook, but have the need to justify buying the tab they do own.

I like my PB and do not need to justify owning it or liking it, therefore I wouldn't go into iPad or Android forums and pretend that I own their device and want to sell it because it "sucks". It is based on a need of approval. Also, if people are selling it (which people do, as with everything else... ie ebay), most don't go into a forum with people who are not interested in buying the product (because they have it) to declare that they are selling.

However some do (to be fair), but only because of a strange sense of entitlement and anger that the company isn't making the product that they wanted to begin with (lack of product research), or because of marketing influence saying that X product is the "best".... totally skipping the part about personal preference and basing "best" on a fake notion that everyone has X product and you will fit in if you have it.

Ultimately, most are looking for justification and some base their lives on fitting in. Really though, it is 100% about preference and usage and 0% about brand (RIM/Apple/Google/MS/etc). Buy what works for you and understand that if it doesn't, it doesn't mean it does not work for others.

...and that last sentence isn't directed at the OP, as s/he seems to know what is the best fit for him/herself.
    03-31-12 04:21 PM
    It all comes down to needs and requirements.. Is the iPad flashy and shiny with a nice screen? Yep... Is it functional as a work/play device for ME? NO.. I have an iPad 2 and a PB and the iPad collects dust..

No iTunes requirement for syncing TV/Movies. No converting, nothing. Just copy over and they work.

Editing documents etc is simple and free on the PB. I can save docs, attach docs and email docs. Can't do any of this on the iPad without 3rd party apps that I have to pay through the nose for.

Size of the PB is absolutely perfect. I'll take it along just based on the size over the iPad because the iPad is a pain to carry around..

The email client on the PB is miles ahead of the iPad's.

I could go on and on why the PB is better than the iPad. Yes the iPad has more apps, but, I don't' care. I don't use my PB as my portable Nintendo DS replacement. I use it was a work/play device.
    I agree with everything you've written. Well put my friend!

Like you, my iPad is gather dust too, and I reckon we're not the only two people on here that have dust covered iPads
    03-31-12 04:26 PM
    I'd love to get my hands on some of the stuff that you're smoking . Reading your posts one gets the impression that there are only 2 colours - black and white . You either love the pb or you hate it and anyone that questions the playbooks track record/performance is automatically a troll looking to stir up s**t and should be banned.
    In the real world , in between black and white there is grey , probably more of it than of the other 2 colours. What's wrong with constructive criticism ? How can ppl not be frustrated with a product that is far from perfect - regardless of potential ?

There is no doubt that there are ppl here that want to rock the boat but they are by far a small minority - not everyone that posts something negative should be ridiculed , tarred, feathered and driven out of town . jmho
    Hey, I understand your sentiments. Most folks don't like to hear the truth; factual observations of these kinds of threads are just that, factual and objective....free speech being what it is, is free only if the message fits one's agenda. Your agenda is simply polar opposite of mine, as is the OP's. He11 of a thing having to live in America, 1st Amendment and all.
    03-31-12 04:43 PM
    Where do people get the energy? Life is short. I've have had more fun/joy from my PB than any other piece of electronica I have ever owned. Your mileage will vary. I use it everyday. Sometimes waaay more than I should. It is not perfect but I would put it up against anything. I can't believe the gut wrenching tales of fanboys and failures on this and similar sites. If something doesn't work for you find something that does and run with it!

This is a forum for PB. Contribute something useful or get lost. It is not difficult. I've posted glitches and faults and weaknesses of PB and found solutions and upgrades and apps to help me out. When I pick up a great app I let people know. Contribute what you can. If all you can contribute is negative criticism perhaps you need a different forum.
    03-31-12 05:18 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD