Found this on BGR website... Hard to believe but not one line slamming RIM.....

Getting exposure in Apple’s (AAPL) iOS App Store and Google’s (GOOG) Google Play market can be daunting at best. Developers must compete for exposure with hundreds of thousands of other apps, and viral success or a big marketing budget is almost a requirement at this point if an app is to see any real success. Research In Motion (RIMM) on Tuesday presented another option, however: Develop for BlackBerry.

In a post on RIM’s official blog, Milena Hewitt details the success found by mobile developer Pinelake Communications, which recently decided to see how hard it would be to port its Android game “Cubifice” over to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and RIM’s BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device. According to Pinelake Creative Director Bill Larocque and developer Dave Wagler, the process took just one hour.

That’s good news for RIM of course, because encouraging developers to bring apps over from other platforms is crucial to the company’s success with its next-generation BlackBerry 10 platform. Ensuring that this process is quick and relatively simple certainly won’t hurt RIM’s odds.

Beyond the process of porting apps, however, Pinelake notes that it has seen much more interest from users with its PlayBook app than it ever saw on Android.

“The BlackBerry user community is very engaged, and there is far greater visibility of your application on the BlackBerry App World storefront than on other platforms,” Larocque told RIM in an interview. ”BlackBerry App World has a clear layout and does not suffer from the over-saturation that you find somewhere like Google Play, where your app quickly feels lost in a huge sea of similar applications.”

He continued, “With this application, not only do we have 25 times more downloads on BlackBerry App World than on Google Play, but we’ve also been able to maintain that high number and visibility. This visibility translates into a far better return on investment once the app becomes monetized because we will have to spend far less on marketing the application to users.”

BGR
    08-07-12 08:55 PM
    On the same page they have a link to:

Research In Motion is dead

Maybe it's Easter time??
    08-07-12 09:04 PM
    Could someone just post the text of the story and remove the link please?
    diegonei likes this.
    08-07-12 09:11 PM
    Yes, Sir!

Getting exposure in Apple’s (AAPL) iOS App Store and Google’s (GOOG) Google Play market can be daunting at best. Developers must compete for exposure with hundreds of thousands of other apps, and viral success or a big marketing budget is almost a requirement at this point if an app is to see any real success. Research In Motion (RIMM) on Tuesday presented another option, however: Develop for BlackBerry.

In a post on RIM’s official blog, Milena Hewitt details the success found by mobile developer Pinelake Communications, which recently decided to see how hard it would be to port its Android game “Cubifice” over to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and RIM’s BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device. According to Pinelake Creative Director Bill Larocque and developer Dave Wagler, the process took just one hour.

That’s good news for RIM of course, because encouraging developers to bring apps over from other platforms is crucial to the company’s success with its next-generation BlackBerry 10 platform. Ensuring that this process is quick and relatively simple certainly won’t hurt RIM’s odds.

Beyond the process of porting apps, however, Pinelake notes that it has seen much more interest from users with its PlayBook app than it ever saw on Android.

“The BlackBerry user community is very engaged, and there is far greater visibility of your application on the BlackBerry App World storefront than on other platforms,” Larocque told RIM in an interview. ”BlackBerry App World has a clear layout and does not suffer from the over-saturation that you find somewhere like Google Play, where your app quickly feels lost in a huge sea of similar applications.”

He continued, “With this application, not only do we have 25 times more downloads on BlackBerry App World than on Google Play, but we’ve also been able to maintain that high number and visibility. This visibility translates into a far better return on investment once the app becomes monetized because we will have to spend far less on marketing the application to users.”

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/07/blackb...success-story/

Or did you want the obit?
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 08-07-12 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Source link added, no need to not include it. Redundant, yes. Right, no.
    08-07-12 09:16 PM
    I refuse to give certain websites any more hits than they deserve and no thanks to the obit offer, enough of that already.
    08-07-12 09:20 PM
    Hey BlazorBoy, maybe you should read the article a bit more than the readers digest version and you would understand. If you think RIM is dead then go buy an iPhone, Android or what ever phone you like and at the same time leave Crackberry! This Canadian company will come back!
    08-07-12 09:29 PM
    Thanks removed @blazerboy as your edit to add the link defeated the purpose of my request.
    08-07-12 09:37 PM
    Hey BlazorBoy, maybe you should read the article a bit more than the readers digest version and you would understand. If you think RIM is dead then go buy an iPhone, Android or what ever phone you like and at the same time leave Crackberry! This Canadian company will come back!
    You misread my post. I was making fun of that unmentionable site. I think RIM is a good company, even if it is Canadian.
    08-07-12 09:38 PM
    You misread my post. I was making fun of that unmentionable site. I think RIM is a good company, even if it is Canadian.
    Why give that Site a link when it is already posted in the OP then?
    08-07-12 09:43 PM
    Why give that Site a link when it is already posted in the OP then?
    Did not intend that the link appear in my post. Sorry. Also full article was not in OP as it is now.

But some here appear to have missed the irony to which I was pointing. Also, this site need a bit more levity IMHO. :-)
    08-07-12 09:48 PM
    Sorry if some do not like links.... only post them because I was sued a year or so for posting text from an article form one site to another... very gun shy so to speak.....cost me a chunk of change in Legal Fees.....as for the RIM is dead Link.... not the point... this was one of the rare non negative RIM stories I have every seen on BGR.... Only reason I posted it....
    gritsinct, Barljo, sagec and 1 others like this.
    08-07-12 09:49 PM
    Sorry, but I'm getting very tired of the 'let's bash RIM' even though they have over $2B cash. Everyone forgot about Apple on how the almost became like the dinosaurs! Lets invest in what we know as a good product and screw everyone else including BGR, Apple & Android. Who is more secure?
    snarlybear likes this.
    08-07-12 09:54 PM
    Sorry if some do not like links.... only post them because I was sued a year or so for posting text from an article form one site to another... very gun shy so to speak.....cost me a chunk of change in Legal Fees.....as for the RIM is dead Link.... not the point... this was one of the rare non negative RIM stories I have every seen on BGR.... Only reason I posted it....
    I am not suggesting not giving credit, but you do not have to post the links. I'm done.
    08-07-12 10:05 PM
    what amazes me about that article is that it was written by Zach Epstein. I have seen the occasional positive RIM article on BGR over the last few years, but they were all from one of his editors who likes RIM. Zach seems to despise them, so this coming from him is quite astonishing
    08-07-12 10:51 PM
    even if it is Canadian.
    Hey!!! Dem be fightin words. Remember 1812?

LoL

Was nice to see BGR post something positive for a change.
    bbmtna, BlazorBoy and maddie1128 like this.
    08-07-12 11:46 PM
    I still don't give a flying about BGR. They are a bunch of meatriders especially zach trying to be like his daddy Johnathan. They will always have something negative about RIM somewhere on that site one article doesn't change the bias & lies they trashed RIM with all last year. I know the mods gone flag me as a flame war starter or a troll oh well its my opinion on this particular article.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    08-07-12 11:49 PM
    Same old news, heard many times before but never credited.

If people can see the shortcoming of the BlackBerry AppWorld, then the advantages should not be ignored.

1.) Easy App portability, cross platform
    2.) Quick app development
    3.) Multi-language dev support
    4.) RIM Jam session & Tech support along with feedback program.
    5.) New & Evolving NextGen platform
    6.) Broadening Dev prospects to future integrated devices, home electronics, in-car infotainment, etc.
    7.) Emerging market & technology
    8.) RIM buy out opportunity
    9.) Cascades framework

Just some stuff I can think of..
    08-07-12 11:59 PM
    Hey!!! Dem be fightin words. Remember 1812?

LoL

Thanks for keeping it light.

Anyway your beef is with tamer who said RIM is a good Canadian company. I said it is a good company, period!! :-))

1812 was wonderful:. Both sides won.
    08-08-12 04:46 AM
    I am not suggesting not giving credit, but you do not have to post the links. I'm done.
    Nobody said you should click the links, so stay away from them. But some of us wants the links, so you are not the dictator who can demand what we must do and what not.
    08-08-12 08:08 AM
    Not one really negative line, sure... But boy it seems to me like that article was written with gritted teeth, almost begrudgingly so. Like it absolutely killed the author to write. I kept expecting a line near the end saying "but so what. The playbook still sucks!"
    08-08-12 09:24 AM
    Well here's today's headline for RIM from iBGR RIM Samsung merger rumor: Analyst predicts BlackBerry 10 failure
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-08-12 09:42 AM
    The headline is a bit misleading:
    BlackBerry 10 predicted to flop, could result in Samsung acquiring RIM
    By: Brad Reed | Aug 8th, 2012 at 09:50AM 3 Comments Filed Under: Business

Jefferies & Company analystPeter Misek thinks BlackBerry 10 will be a significant improvement over previous versions of the operating system, but that it’s not good enough to save RIM (RIMM) without some serious outside help, the Globe and Mailreports. What’s more, Misek thinks that RIM’s savior in this scenario could be electronics giant Samsung (005930), which has recently conquered the Android smartphone market, and which Misek says is “ramping up its internal OS development efforts” and could view RIM as a strong candidate to bolster its own software efforts. Misek doesn’t expect any merger to occur before BlackBerry 10 is released this coming January, however.....
    08-08-12 09:46 AM
    Nobody said you should click the links, so stay away from them. But some of us wants the links, so you are not the dictator who can demand what we must do and what not.
    Never dictated or demanded anything from anyone, maybe your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I only said that they did not have to post the links if source credit was given. And please, by all means, feel free to go click those links and stay at those sites all you like.
    08-08-12 10:21 AM
    Well I'll be.

Guess I have to forget the mountain of other biased rubbish articles they've posts in the past.

Ah no. This is not something to be praising. If they want to get any respect/views from me they need to do their jobs better in general and report without the bias crud.
    08-08-12 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD