How come we are still not able to upload our videos / photos to youtube/facebook directly from the Media app?
    This is basic functionality on every smartphone/tablet now... having to go to the website/facebook app works fine, but there should be an easier way to do it. Is this going to be a functionality of BB10?
    Berrimad likes this.
    06-02-12 04:37 AM
    Those apps as well as some others are pretty simple or bare bones. Can't use them to ease attachments to email either. We can only hope that rim adds that rather basic ability at some point.
    06-02-12 08:51 AM
    I'm sure bb10 will have a send to feature. It's blackberry after all.
    06-02-12 01:20 PM
    I can't name the various parts, but i think it has to do with the programming tools and interfaces. The ones they used for Tablet OS weren't the most robust but were available at the time. Now with the tools for Cascades and the NDK, these more complex features and goodies can be implemented, but there becomes a conflict. Should you focus all your energy to get BB10 finished or do you fork your resources and update the older interfaces that are going to be replaced by the work going on for BB10? Although they will incorporate some fixes and enhancements into OS2, I don't think they will duplicate all of the effort for an OS track that will soon be obsolete.
    06-02-12 01:38 PM
    Makes no sense not adding that option to BB10 since even my 8520 curve has it...Pretty frustrated I can't share a photo as fast as I can on my BB phone :/
    06-02-12 01:39 PM
    I don't think you can make assumptions of what BB10 will or won't have based on the PB OS. I don't think most of these features have been omitted because RIM decided we don't need them, it's just an issue of priorities and resources.
    06-02-12 02:09 PM
    I don't think you can make assumptions of what BB10 will or won't have based on the PB OS. I don't think most of these features have been omitted because RIM decided we don't need them, it's just an issue of priorities and resources.
    That' my, well, fear. That rim will once again incrementally add features to a potentially blank BB10 slate and that it could take a year or more before it has features that already exist on current bb phones. Doing that will almost surely kill the bb10 phones - take a picture and then search through 1,000 or more photos to find the one you want to email because they don't YET support folders or "send from" features. Obviously, complete speculation.
    06-02-12 02:23 PM
    It's my understanding based on everything I have heard about BB10 that this is a function that will most definitely be included in BB10. This feature, as well as other features like this, are the basic idea of what BB10 is going to be all about. They want everything to be available from within every app.

I think the poster above is correct that these features weren't built into the NDK from the get go and that is why they were ommited. They probably aren't going to add it to PBOS until the PlayBook has BB10 available.
    06-02-12 02:33 PM
    That's a long time to live in fear over speculation...
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-02-12 02:43 PM
    That's a long time to live in fear over speculation...
    Well, it is finally JUNE. So maybe the pb will only have to wait another SIX VERY LONG MONTHS before some of the utility we've had on our bb phones will be available on the pb!
    06-02-12 03:23 PM
    I believe RIM's main problem is that they have really not completed an OS. Hence ending up with a slue of incomplete OSs. 4, 5, 6, 7, Tablet OS and now BB10. Pretty sure BB10 will be incomplete upon release at which time they will start working on BBXI.
    06-02-12 11:53 PM
    I believe RIM's main problem is that they have really not completed an OS. Hence ending up with a slue of incomplete OSs. 4, 5, 6, 7, Tablet OS and now BB10. Pretty sure BB10 will be incomplete upon release at which time they will start working on BBXI.
    In that case, NOBODY has ever "finished" an OS. There's always room for improvement.

iOS 5 and Android 4 must be really bad because they are already working on replacing them...
    06-03-12 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD