Hi folks

I am just about to buy a BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 64 GB but can anyone confirm that I can upload pictures to it via the micro USB socket? The originals are [or will be] on SD cards and I want to back my pictures up while travelling. If so I guess I'll need some sort of adaptor/cable? Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks for you time!

Lake
    02-14-14 08:44 AM
    Hi folks

I am just about to buy a BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 64 GB but can anyone confirm that I can upload pictures to it via the micro USB socket? The originals are [or will be] on SD cards and I want to back my pictures up while travelling. If so I guess I'll need some sort of adaptor/cable? Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks for you time!

Lake
    The playbook does not have usb2go. You can transfer files using a usb cable to a pc or you can do it wirelessly with various file manager apps but that's it.

You could invest in a wifi card reader but you won't be able to use your SD card with the playbook directly.

I think there is an app that works with wifi to a camera (think it's called eyefi or something like that) that you may be able to use.

If you use the playbook to take photos you could back them up to the cloud. Lots of apps will handle autosync of new photos.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-14-14 09:39 AM
    Hi folks

Thanks for you time!

Lake
    If you are thinking of just plugging in a usb card reader into the PB, it won't work. You wiould have to "dump" them into pc, then plug in using the Data cable, and drag/drop files into PB.
    If you are trying to transfer images you just shot and want to transfer them "on the fly", get an Eye-Fi memory card. You can do a sideload of the Eye-Fi app onto the PB (this sideload does work), and as you shoot, the images will automatically transfer to PB (as long as you are in the Eye-Fi cards wifi range (about 35 feet for my setup). Takes a bit to get it setup right, but once done you are good. I just hand my PB to the client and as I shoot, they see the "proofs" pop up.......

c
    02-14-14 09:42 AM
    02-14-14 12:46 PM