I recently did a security wipe on my 16GB Playbook. I have OS software 2.0.1.668, everything seems fine except one thing: The pictures application will not open. It just hangs at the wood-background screen indefinitely. I've tried re-starting the Playbook with no success. Pictures will open through the file manager but the application itself will not.
    09-04-12 08:08 AM
    Did you reboot it? Either turn it off then back on or hold vol+/power/vol-.
    09-04-12 08:58 AM
    Are you sure that you have pictures? When I did the security wipe, I lost my pictures - even though I backed up before. When I reloaded from backup, there were no pictures.
    09-04-12 09:01 AM
    Are you sure that you have pictures? When I did the security wipe, I lost my pictures - even though I backed up before. When I reloaded from backup, there were no pictures.
    Good point. A wipe does delete the preinstalled images.

On top of that, images that are not on the camera or pictures folders will not show on the Pictures app.
    09-04-12 09:04 AM
    Ah yes that was the problem. I had copied one picture in from my dropbox using Files and Folders but it wasn't in a directory the pictures app looks in. I took a camera picture and now it loads up fine. Thank you!

By the way, is there anywhere to get the original background pics that come loaded on out of the box?
    09-04-12 09:07 AM
    Ah yes that was the problem. I had copied one picture in from my dropbox using Files and Folders but it wasn't in a directory the pictures app looks in. I took a camera picture and now it loads up fine. Thank you!

By the way, is there anywhere to get the original background pics that come loaded on out of the box?
    Yes, you can get them back with a full OS reload (also know as a debrick - link is on the signature). Oh, the video comes back too.
    09-04-12 09:12 AM
    Other than the pre-loaded stuff is there any reason to do an OS reload rather than a security wipe? At least in terms of performance or anything.
    09-04-12 09:14 AM
    Other than the pre-loaded stuff is there any reason to do an OS reload rather than a security wipe? At least in terms of performance or anything.
    And reload should clear all bugs from the system, while a wipe only deletes data. That's how I see it though. I may be wrong on this.
    09-04-12 09:19 AM
    Someone recently posted a link to the pre-installed wallpapers but I don't have that link.
    09-04-12 09:56 AM
    Someone recently posted a link to the pre-installed wallpapers but I don't have that link.
    Those don't scale properly when rotated... :/

The preloaded wallpapers are a mystery... There look like 1024x600 but behave as 1024x1024. O.o
    09-04-12 10:03 AM
    You could try sideloading the Pictures app to see if that clears things up. I have the bar file from 2.1.0.560 beta that I'll email you if you PM me. Someone else might have the bar file from 2.0.
    09-04-12 10:06 AM
    You could try sideloading the Pictures app to see if that clears things up. I have the bar file from 2.1.0.560 beta that I'll email you if you PM me. Someone else might have the bar file from 2.0.
    No need. We already identified the issue. Read up.
    09-04-12 10:09 AM
    Oops. Nevermind.
    09-04-12 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD