Hey guys,

Just dropping in to let you know I found a mint 32 GB PlayBook with all original accessories and box, for $85.00. Le the know if you find this to be a good price....

Posted Via Z10
    KermEd likes this.
    01-09-14 07:50 PM
    It's a great price. Are you familiar with what the PlayBook can and can't do? If you're looking for apps I wouldn't suggest it. If you're looking for a tablet to browse the Web or storage on the go it's a good buy.
    I have one too and still love it but since I got my bb10 phone I don't use it as much. Hope this helps.
    01-09-14 07:58 PM
    Yes, actually, I am very familiar with them. I can't seem to stay with any other tablet, of any other brand for any length of time.

I always seem to come back to the PlayBook. It works very well. I consider it a professional grade tablet actually.

Posted Via Z10
    01-09-14 08:01 PM
    It's not a great price, comparatively, when you consider what the PB can do vs what you can get at retail today BUT if you are already aware of all it's faults and it works for you then it's a nice price. ;-)
    01-09-14 08:05 PM
    Yes, actually, I am very familiar with them. I can't seem to stay with any other tablet, of any other brand for any length of time.

I always seem to come back to the PlayBook. It works very well. I consider it a professional grade tablet actually.

Posted Via Z10
    I know what you mean. I'm not a fan of iOS and don't like the look of Android so i plan on keeping my PB for as long as I can.
    I'm glad you found a great deal on a tablet which suits your needs.
    What's your take on any of the Windows 8 tablets?
    01-09-14 08:08 PM
    Well, I am a fan of Windows products in general. I grew up with them. However, my opinion on the Windows tablets is that they really need to bring the pricing in line with the average consumer and their budget.

They do not need to compare themselves or price competively alongside, say, Apple. The Windows tablets are great devices, but in my opinion they need to trim down the pricing a bit.

Posted Via Z10
    01-09-14 08:19 PM
    Hey- I use my Playbook every day. I read the news on the BB news app, watch movies (64GB), play games, use personal email account, surf the web, etc. I love the form factor of mine, and the build quality, and of course the brand. I also keep all my pictures and music backed up on it.

I say go for it and enjoy it!

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    01-09-14 08:25 PM
    I was just reading up on the Windows 8 RT tablet. It's too bad they don't make a 7.0" version, and too bad it doesn't have GPS or Java. I wonder they read flash?

I do like the full USB 2.0 though.

I'd have one if it had all what I mentioned above, but not before.

Posted Via Z10
    01-09-14 09:50 PM
    I have 3 playbooks, $85 is pretty good, go for it

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-09-14 10:01 PM
    Playbook 64gb just came in today, this is my second one. The screen froze up on my fist one been without one since late Nov. 2013. Glad to be back with some Blackberry Playbook!
    01-09-14 10:33 PM
    Well, I am a fan of Windows products in general. I grew up with them. However, my opinion on the Windows tablets is that they really need to bring the pricing in line with the average consumer and their budget.
    Posted Via Z10
    I got a surface pro 128gb - love it to death. But it cost me a lot more than 85 bucks

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-09-14 10:42 PM
    I just picked up a 16gb last weekend. This is my first week with it and I really like it. It's perfect for what I use it for. Using it for work with docs to go and having it bridged to my z10 is nice on the go to have a bit of a bigger screen while working on the files. I paid 60 for mine so sounds like you got a good price. I for one don't need all the apps of android and ipads. Hope you enjoy yours.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:06 PM
    Go for!!!!!! For me the PlayBook is a great tablet, maybe it don't have the best cpu or the big memory ram, but it works great, I have the nexus7 2013, and I still use mine playbook. The true flash support the OS is not blackberry 10 but is better than the Android kitkat 4.4.
    blackberry playbook still the best.
    BlackBerry playbook and coming soon Q10.
    01-09-14 11:18 PM
    I was just reading up on the Windows 8 RT tablet. It's too bad they don't make a 7.0" version, and too bad it doesn't have GPS or Java. I wonder they read flash?

I do like the full USB 2.0 though.

I'd have one if it had all what I mentioned above, but not before.

Posted Via Z10
    The RT version was crippled flash-wise when it was introduced. Microsoft would only allow certain sites that they controlled to use flash. Someone hacked the .xml file to be able to add other sites to it, but it would be continually overwritten when the OS updated. I believe that is all gone now and it does flash normally. There is a rumor that RT is going away so I don't know if I'd invest in that technology. I'm looking at a Dell Venue Pro 8 or something like that. I heard they are putting Office on those as well.
    01-10-14 08:29 AM
    Some of the Windows 8.1 tablets either now available or soon to be available offer Microsoft Office Home and Student bundled. The Dell venue I believe has only the micro usb port. Not sure about connecting to a larger monitor or TV. With an 8" tablet definitely need decent sized keyboard and monitor to do serious work. Believe I will wait a couple of months to see what is being offered.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    01-10-14 02:35 PM
    Well done on the purchase. I got a 32gb with sim last july i absolutely love it and use it every day. For me its a much better experience than an ipad. Cant wait for PB2.
    01-10-14 03:33 PM
    seems alot of people've been picking them up lately...
    01-10-14 07:14 PM
    Well, it's pretty bad when all the newest tablets STILL cannot do what the PlayBook can. Truly sad. With that said, if BlackBerry ever comes out with another tablet, I am jumping on it....no questions asked.

Posted Via Z10
    01-10-14 08:46 PM
    I love my PlayBook and I use it daily. It's a great price

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:48 PM
    Nice! I ordered on for the first time myself on Wednesday, and can't wait to run it through paces. Not expecting rapid launch times, but from what I've seen, once the apps are open multitasking and such is quite competent for the age. I was also surprised to see almost all the listings on ebay with multiple bids already. Interesting for a "dead" device.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:49 PM
    Got my PB on day 1 release, picked up a mini PB keyboard, and gave my laptop away. Between the PB and the Z10, I'm good for awhile (although drooling for a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:53 PM
    Well, it's pretty bad when all the newest tablets STILL cannot do what the PlayBook can. Truly sad. With that said, if BlackBerry ever comes out with another tablet, I am jumping on it....no questions asked.

Posted Via Z10
    WTF are you talking about? what tablet? and what CAN'T they do? cuzz the playbook can't do that much to begin with, so I would like to know wtf are you talking bout Willis? LOL
    01-10-14 10:17 PM
    Got my PB on day 1 release, picked up a mini PB keyboard, and gave my laptop away. Between the PB and the Z10, I'm good for awhile (although drooling for a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the BlackBerry PlayBook makes a good notebook computer replacement on the go. It is unfortunate that application development has ceased; by applications I'm referring to productivity applications. Maybe I'll learn to develop applications which I need/want for the BlackBerry PlayBook in 2014. Too bad BlackBerry seems to have no interest in designing another tablet, especially a tablet compatible with existing accessories.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:26 AM
    What am I talking about you say? Apple's famed I pad cannot view flash or Java, so that's what I'm talking about. Same for Android. Why is this so difficult to admit?

An old playbook from 2011 is way ahead of the game in this respect, and the cameras and speakers are better. Pretty good for an "old " tablet, if I do say so myself.

Posted Via Z10
    01-11-14 07:48 AM
    To each their own....I guess.

Posted Via Z10
    01-11-14 07:52 AM
31 12