Hey Everyone

Just a quick question for you all, I'm wondering if there's any app which allows for resizing photos. Basically I know the dimensions to resize to, I want to use the WordPress app to update my website on the go with my PlayBook

The only thing is the featured photo has to be a specific size to fit with the website design, hence why I'm looking for a photo editor . Crop would be nice too but not a necessity.

Hope someone can help me out
    08-19-12 03:09 PM
    What do you mean by 'resizing' photos? Reduced resolution so 640x480 or the final size, take a 3meg and turn it into a .5meg. Picshop seems to have that ability but they don't identify what the reductions are in numeric values. It also contains a cropping feature. They may have a trial version.
    08-19-12 04:17 PM
    Photo Editor Ultimate Free can resize and crop.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-19-12 04:32 PM
    Thanks for the recommendations guys

@F2 I mean let's say I have a photo at 800x600 and I want to "compress" the image to 400x300 (just an example) but keep the aspect ratio etc.

Basically an app that I can set which I can manually input the size of the picture if that makes sense. Ie. Paint in Windows, Resize button and entering in your values.

If I could get this same functionality out of my PlayBook this would simply be perfect I've already got ideas for a few articles now, with the PlayBook+ BlackBerry Bridge I could always have the "always blogging on the go" mindset.
    08-19-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the recommendations guys

@F2 I mean let's say I have a photo at 800x600 and I want to "compress" the image to 400x300 (just an example) but keep the aspect ratio etc.
    Photo Editor Ultimate will do that.
    08-19-12 05:32 PM
    Thanks again guys

Will check it out
    08-19-12 05:48 PM
    Downloaded the free Photo Editor Ultimate. Just for info: Android app. Why does it need access to the Internet? I turned that off and it will not load.

edited to add: Ah, ad supported with upgrade info.
    Last edited by F2; 08-19-12 at 06:33 PM.
    08-19-12 06:26 PM
    I like PicShop.. Or you can even take Screenshots with volume buttons on the PlayBook.. This crops them and saves as .PNG though.. But they display well if connected via HDMI to TV..
    08-20-12 03:56 AM
    Downloaded the free Photo Editor Ultimate. Just for info: Android app. Why does it need access to the Internet? I turned that off and it will not load.

edited to add: Ah, ad supported with upgrade info.
    F2 I emailed the app owner and he said that 'the clipart and fonts for text are loaded from our servers'.
    08-20-12 06:07 AM
    F2 I emailed the app owner and he said that 'the clipart and fonts for text are loaded from our servers'.
    That's some info. I'm not sure I like that method although it does give them the opportunity to add new frills (clipart and fonts) to the app.

I have some exploring to do.
    08-20-12 10:00 AM
    F2 here's some of the chat that I had with the App developer:

'- why does this app require internet access?
    The clipart and fonts for text are loaded from our servers, that's why the app needs internet access. We can include all the clipart and fonts inside the app since it would make the app huge.

- what's the difference between Internal Gallery and External Gallery?

On some device the internal gallery shows all images from the internal memory and the external gallery from the sdcard. However, since this app is also for android phones, in this case for the playbook there is no difference.

- where are the external gallery photos kept?

That depends on the device, not all device save it to the same folder. But most of the time something like /sdcard/DCIM/
    However, if you want the pictures to show up on the playbook you should save it to /accounts/1000/shared/camera/ if you save an image to there it should show up on the playbook gallery

The problems with the app are caused because the application is running on the playbook Android simulator and the Android simulator isn't perfect yet. It should be updated by BB soon.'

Explains a bit anyway.
    08-20-12 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the further info. I did have to go looking for my test picture results. Too many folders and nooks and crannies. And Android makes it that much more of a guessing game!
    08-20-12 07:36 PM
    Well that was a flippin' joke!!! The photo editor did absolutely nothing except distort my photos! It also keeps freezing and force closing!! All I want is a nice quick and simple way to resize my images to fit my playbook properly...is that so much to ask for??? Sheeeeeesh!! Guess I'll have to keep looking until I find the right tool.
    03-28-13 09:56 AM
    I use Photo Studio Pro. There is a free version but I don't know if they remove some features.
    Attached Thumbnails Photo editor for resizing photos?-img_00000096.jpg  
    03-28-13 10:49 AM
    Well, you canNOT fill the screen with a photo that does not normally fill the screen. In other words, if you want to stretch a photo to fill the entire screen, you have to stretch it in all directions and that will cut off either top or sides. Or you can fill the screen but you inappropriately stretch in only one direction which will distort the image. It's like those folks who want the video to completely fill the screen - it canNOT be done without distorting the movie or cutting off some dimension.
    03-28-13 12:47 PM
    image sdk will resize pictures or photos and images quickly for you. i saw some tutorials on the web, it will help you in some way.
    04-26-13 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD