hi..
    I've a problem with my playbook
    it can't recognize my phone wifi hotspot.
    what to do ??
    i can't use the internet while i'm outside home without this..
    06-23-11 09:57 AM
    Need more info. What kind of phone? What software? What carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 10:39 AM
    I have iphone 3gs.. i tried this with my laptop.. and it worked.. also with other phones worked.. but when I try it with playbook it doesn't work..
    my software is 1.0.6.2390
    06-23-11 10:44 AM
    & I'm not in united states
    06-23-11 10:45 AM
    I'm guessing it's a jailbroke 3Gs and you're using MyWi or something similar.

It's probably creating an AdHoc connection and I guess the PB can't connect to it.
    06-23-11 10:49 AM
    in the same ball park, i have a quick question: Which would be a faster connection. wifi hotspot via your phone to playbook, or teathering bluetooth phone to playbook. I understand that both will rely on the 3G network connection speed, but which would be faster, the wifi or bluetooth, also... any idea which would be more stable (in terms of dropping connections, as i have found bluetooth anything to be unreliable at times)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 10:53 AM
    Wifi should be faster
    06-23-11 10:56 AM
    yeah.. I'm using mywi..
    so.. there is no other solution for this ?? :S
    06-23-11 11:12 AM
    I'm not sure if it works on the 3Gs or if it's just an iPhone4 thing but I think I read in the update notes on MyWi that OS 4.2.6 or higher MyWi can create a mobile hotspot that use infrastructure mode which is just like a normal wifi router and allows WPA/WPA2 encryption and then the PB should see it like any other wifi router

My iPhone4 is still jailbroke on 4.2.1. so MyWi only does AdHoc for me and I only use it while traveling if my home internet goes down because of a storm or something.

I guess to answer your question. If the PB can't see or connect to an AdHoc connection then no you won't be able to use your iPhone data for internet on your PlayBook.

ETA
    Have you tried using BlueTooth tethering with MyWi and the PB?
    Last edited by Daps; 06-23-11 at 11:36 AM.
    06-23-11 11:33 AM
    I will try it again with this version of MyWi..
    mmm.. no I didn't check this BuleTooth thing.. I will check with it also..
    Tanks alooot
    06-23-11 11:45 AM
    I just looked at the MyWi details on Cydia. The infrastructure mode is only available for iPhone4 with iOS 4.2.6+ so your 3g won't have that ability but you may be able to pair your iPhone 3gs to your PB and internet share through MyWi using BlueTooth
    06-23-11 11:51 AM
    yeah.. I saw that.. but do you have any idea about another source of mywi??
    06-23-11 12:03 PM
    Cydia is the official source to buy mywi. Even if looking for a pirate version it would still have the same limitation in that you would need an iPhone4

There's TetherMe but it also needs an iPhone4 if you want to use the infrastructure mode, otherwise it's going to be AdHoc.

I think bluetooth connection or someone finding a way to connect to an adhoc connection is going to be your best bet for now
    06-23-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD