Updated Comics app this Am which then scanned for new comics, This takes a while so came back to playbook a couple of hours later and all of my personal data is now gone. No downloaded files or generated files ie: photos doc's etc. All of my apps are still there. no games in snes rom folder their gone too.Wifi settings are still there. This was not an accidental data wipe,something happened after update. Anyone else encounter this problem?
    04-06-13 03:00 PM
    Did you try to activate demo mode in the playbook settings? Its a known bug that demo mode can wipe out your files, images and even your roms, hope you have a backup.
    04-06-13 03:47 PM
    I think losing all data is very rare and I can't imagine what caused it. I've never used that app. When you came back to the pb, what state was it in? Off or in Standby or???

Is that app official or Android sideloaded?

Have you rebooted and checked? Have you connected to computer and explored around for the files?

Good luck
    04-06-13 03:50 PM
    Comics is a playbook app.The playbook was on the charger while scanning for comics. All added data pictures books downloads etc except books already imported into Book Reader are gone. The first thing I tried was ghost fm and then did a restart. Then connected via wifi then directly None of my files are on playbook. All apps accounted for networking settings are still there.Everything. Works just no data. I have started to read install some data. However newer photos and docs are gone demo mode not in use.
    Last edited by xindy; 04-06-13 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Additional info.
    04-06-13 04:05 PM
    Stupid question : Does your available storage reflect that a lot of data has vanished?

Conspiracy theory: The app required permissions that enabled it to steal all data, control your Playbook remotely and wreak havoc. A comic book villain perhaps? If so, which one could it be? Lex Luther?!?
    04-06-13 09:02 PM
    Good question. I never thought to look right away. But it appears so as I have about 20 gigs data used after replacing books mags and comics. Which totals roughly 2/3 amount in use. I will look closer for totals tomorrow when I have access to my computer.
    04-06-13 10:05 PM
    Did you have a password on the pb? If so, any chance someone tried getting in - 10 attempts the pb will wipe all data.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-07-13 01:09 AM
    Did you delete your Android media foldets?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:46 AM
    Hi,

I am the developer of Comics and I would like to say that we take this report very seriously.

We are doing various test at the moment to try to reproduce the issue. Comics is designed to scan your files for comic book files (.cbz and .cbr files), so it requires access to the file system, but without ill intentions.

EDIT: a bugfix has been submitted to BlackBerry World, in the meantime Comics has been pulled from BB World until the bugfix is live. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    SEAWARRIOR and xindy like this.
    04-07-13 04:58 AM
    Hi,

I am the developer of Comics and I would like to say that we take this report very seriously.

We are doing various test at the moment to try to reproduce the issue. Comics is designed to scan your files for comic book files (.cbz and .cbr files), so it requires access to the file system, but without ill intentions.

EDIT: a bugfix has been submitted to BlackBerry World, in the meantime Comics has been pulled from BB World until the bugfix is live. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    So the bug deleted all the data?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-13 05:12 AM
    Playbook was password protected. Was at home on nightstand connected to rapid charger, while comics app was importing comics after update. Nobody bothered it. Sideloaded programs functioning ok except for those who had data folders that user added to like rom folder in nes emulator, music. Stuff like mail and imported books in ereader were okay. The only exception were the comics which were all gone, I suspect that they are not actually imported but read from file.
    04-07-13 05:17 AM
    On some devices the bug may have cause some folders to be deleted I'm afraid.
    04-07-13 05:30 AM
    Updated Comics app this Am which then scanned for new comics, This takes a while so came back to playbook a couple of hours later and all of my personal data is now gone. No downloaded files or generated files ie: photos doc's etc. All of my apps are still there. no games in snes rom folder their gone too.Wifi settings are still there. This was not an accidental data wipe,something happened after update. Anyone else encounter this problem?
    this happened to me twice,,, i lost all pics & vids,,, dunno the cause,,, i just reloaded...
    xindy likes this.
    04-07-13 06:05 AM
    Hi,

gotta say, honest & quick to respond,,, good on ya...
    04-07-13 06:07 AM
    Thanks Zezke for taking a look at this. In one sense I am a bit relieved that there is nothing wrong with my playbook. I use the playbook every day for just about everything that. I can think of. Then along comes your program and I find another use. All of a sudden I am reliving fond childhood memories. I used to read comics as a kid and I decided to re read some of those old mags using the playbook. Your program is the best one I found and I tried everything out there. My only regret was in not buying it sooner. It's a great program. After loosing the data I was not sure that it was the cause as it installed ok just that it was the last thing I used. I deleted the app and re installed it then re installed a rather large collection of comics. The program appears to function normally. I eagerly await your update. The lesson in this is daily backups of docs and pictures is a must. As some of it was not replaceable. Lesson learned.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-13 06:08 AM
    Thanks for the honesty and response. I too use the app its great work

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:19 AM
    Thanks for looking into this. It happened twice to me as well. scanning for comics placed 2 areas on my bookshelf. one called downloads, and the other was called mix ?? Searching in the mix folder, revealed the android data folders and finaly the comic which was downloaded from dropbox. It would not let me delete the comic file. when checking (on the second time this happened) I found videos, music and documents were missing again. Really like this app please fix. older version worked fine for me.
    Thanks
    04-07-13 04:16 PM