I now have had my second app install but after denying a specific permission, the app does not appear in the Security/Permission List. The first one that disappeared or never appeared was Kalemsoft. Today I installed the Trial version of Pacemaker and initially denied a Permission. It then informed me I needed to change that permission. Going to the List, Pacemaker does not appear. I UNinstalled it. Rebooted and REinstalled it. It is still missing and did not ask permissions on the second install. I did the same with Kalemsoft - UNinstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and was never given an opportunity to alter the permissions for the app and the app is not in the Security/Permissions List.

If the only way to fix this issue to to do a Security Wipe and/or Debrick Rim needs to re-examine this problem or I hope they've implemented another method for BB10. This is truly absurd. I have about 50 gigs of data on the device and backing up and restoring it all will take many, many hours. Never mind the reinstallation of all of my apps.

This is really a poorly implemented feature if App Permissions only allows one shot at giving the "correct" permissions.

Bah!
    01-02-13 11:28 PM
    I can confirm and also agree. This needs to be addressed if it hasn't already. Maybe someone with a dev alpha can repro.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 11:39 PM
    Do you rebooted the hard or soft way? Maybe a hard reset after uninstalling would give you more results. Had the same problem with an android app and soft reset didnt do it.
    01-03-13 04:37 AM
    I wiped yesterday and reinstalled all my apps from app world, I haven't reloaded any of the sideloaded apps yet. In the about screens I get 171 apps, but in security>app permissions I only see 18 listed.
    01-03-13 04:51 AM
    Do you rebooted the hard or soft way? Maybe a hard reset after uninstalling would give you more results. Had the same problem with an android app and soft reset didnt do it.
    I am pretty sure when I had the problem with Kalemsoft I did a Hard Reset. But in order to make sure, I just did. We shall see. But in any event, overnight I backed up as fully as possible. That TASK is complicated by the fact that the misc/android folder contains mirrored or "copies" of my giga-byte consuming Pictures, Video, and Music folders, while also containing unique content. Trying to save what I want from there makes it a manual SEEK task.

edited to add: Hard Rest did not help. Still those permissions are not in the list.

I think I've managed to backup most of my unique files on the pb. I may start the Debrick Process (seriously, as I typed that my heart starting thumping!!!!) in a bit....
    Last edited by F2; 01-03-13 at 10:04 AM.
    01-03-13 09:21 AM
    I am pretty sure when I had the problem with Kalemsoft I did a Hard Reset. But in order to make sure, I just did. We shall see. But in any event, overnight I backed up as fully as possible. That TASK is complicated by the fact that the misc/android folder contains mirrored or "copies" of my giga-byte consuming Pictures, Video, and Music folders, while also containing unique content. Trying to save what I want from there makes it a manual SEEK task.
    That's so annoying indeed. That and the fact that android apps cache files there too... I have like a gazilion pics there from radio-canada app.
    01-03-13 09:26 AM
    re: "That TASK is complicated by the fact that the misc/android folder contains mirrored or "copies" of my giga-byte consuming Pictures, Video, and Music folders, while also containing unique content. Trying to save what I want from there makes it a manual SEEK task."

That's so annoying indeed. That and the fact that android apps cache files there too... I have like a gazilion pics there from radio-canada app.
    I agree. I did use a SEARCH program just now to search the "Z:" (and specifically the playbook Android folder) (drive for both jpg's and png's. I was able to see which folders they were contained within and distilled that info to copy just the unique ones that I wanted and NOT those other hundreds of Android created images and thumbnails (nor my original natively contains photos). If there are any unique video or music files, well, too bad! There were nearly 8,000 jpg's and 2,000 png's.
    01-03-13 10:19 AM
    I wonder if we class them by size... Maybe we could sort them out with more ease.
    01-03-13 10:32 AM
    re: Those android apps stored, cloned, excess images (I think)

I wonder if we class them by size... Maybe we could sort them out with more ease.
    That might be possible as many of them seem pretty small in size.

What really is necessary is some form of COMPUTER program that unlike Windows Explorer (Macs I don't know), realizes some of these "files" are really links and not real files. And thumbnails and not necessary images.
    01-03-13 11:02 AM
    re: Those android apps stored, cloned, excess images (I think)

That might be possible as many of them seem pretty small in size.

What really is necessary is some form of COMPUTER program that unlike Windows Explorer (Macs I don't know), realizes some of these "files" are really links and not real files. And thumbnails and not necessary images.
    Never explored those areas on my playbook with my macs, ill give it a try.
    01-03-13 11:08 AM
    Too late to turn back now - DEBRICK in progress.

edited to add: I must have the Slowest dsl-internet in the world. After almost an hour, it is not even a third of the way loading "Module 1 of 1."
    Last edited by F2; 01-03-13 at 12:43 PM.
    01-03-13 11:45 AM
    Too late to turn back now - DEBRICK in progress.
    *cross fingers*

lets hope your PB is on steroids when waking up.
    01-03-13 11:49 AM
    *cross fingers*

lets hope your PB is on steroids when waking up.
    Let's us hope my pb is ON, period!
    01-03-13 12:18 PM
    I'm VERY interested in this. When I encounter an app that requires permissions that I don't want it to have, I eventually remove it. But before doing that re-opening the app does not introduce the denied permission in the permissions details list, but rather those apps that have elevated permissions.
    01-03-13 03:26 PM
    I _THINK_ I'm screwed. When I left my house 2 1/2 hours ago it was loading software. It is still loading software. The Green Progress Bar is about half way. And the Green Led is still lit.

I remember running into a similar ISSUE with my 32gig when I was trying to find my Battery Drain issue during Standby. It was a real bear getting the OS reloaded on that unit. I tried about 4 times.

I'm going to post separately for info....
    01-03-13 03:41 PM