Hello everyone,

What is a good pdf reader on Playbook? It seems there is none that works well.
    05-01-12 02:28 AM
    Adobe
    qPDF
    RepliGo
    05-01-12 03:13 AM
    RepliGo is the best one I've used so far
    05-01-12 05:03 AM
    qPDF Notes is my favorite.
    05-01-12 05:46 AM
    Adobe
    qPDF
    RepliGo
    can't find RepliGo in AppWorld. Is that the full name?
    05-01-12 06:11 AM
    It's an Android app you need to sideload.
    05-01-12 06:22 AM
    RepliGo is availabel in appworld for BB smartphones but apparently not for PB yet, so sideloading is the way to go I would guess. I've used RepliGo on both my old 9800 and my new 9810 and it works perfectly. The best IMO.
    05-25-12 07:15 PM
    It's an Android app you need to sideload.
    No to sideloading. It's in App World.
    05-25-12 07:18 PM
    Hello everyone,

What is a good pdf reader on Playbook? It seems there is none that works well.
    You already named the best native PDF reader on the BlackBerry PlayBook - PDF Reader.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    05-25-12 07:18 PM
    I purchased Pdf Reader for $.99 in AppWorld today and so far I'm liking it a lot. I can now search & it remembers my place so don't have to scroll thru 500 pages to find my spot or write down my page numbers any more. The dev seems really plugged in and is working on "proper" bookmarking. It's a gazillion times better than the "do nothing but open and read" Adobe Reader that came with the Playbook. Definitely worth more than what I paid for it. Oh and its a NATIVE app to boot!
    05-25-12 08:10 PM
    The native part entices me. I may have to hit the bank to pay for it!
    05-25-12 10:27 PM
    I wrote in another thread...pdfreader (the 0.99 one) is pretty good. It's based on Qt, and so its performance is very good (better than the native one that came from the PB)
    05-26-12 12:10 AM
    Done. (more characters....)
    05-26-12 12:43 AM
    I wish this could be purchased for the playbook.
    If you have your signing keys this might help.

RepliGo Reader v4.0.1 .apk
    05-26-12 05:01 AM
    I have tried qpdf and found the file system terrible, jotsy - liked the ui but syncing was a pain and didn't always work. I haven't tried repligo because it needs to be sideloaded. There are way too many people on the forums who have all kinds of problems with their pb's and i suspect sideloading is a contributing factor.

I purchased pdf reader and so far i am very impressed. Loads fast, page turns are fast, remembers the last page. The dev is active in the forums and bookmarking is coming, and also notes. With that functionality i think the price should go up to $1.99.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-26-12 08:06 AM
    Unable to open docs with pdf Reader as it says browser unavailable to open any docs. Can some one assist?
    05-26-12 09:16 AM
    Check your Permissions in Security, Application Permissions and find the app.
    05-26-12 09:26 AM
    I have tried qpdf and found the file system terrible, jotsy - liked the ui but syncing was a pain and didn't always work. I haven't tried repligo because it needs to be sideloaded. There are way too many people on the forums who have all kinds of problems with their pb's and i suspect sideloading is a contributing factor.

I purchased pdf reader and so far i am very impressed. Loads fast, page turns are fast, remembers the last page. The dev is active in the forums and bookmarking is coming, and also notes. With that functionality i think the price should go up to $1.99.
    Does pdf reader allow you to navigate to a directory for-instance I keep subdirectories (folders) in the Documents directory, would I be able to open them from there current location.

Anyone been able to try pdf reader and RepliGo and have a opinion on how they compare.
    05-26-12 09:37 AM
    I briefly used it once this morning - it uses the same "awful" file browse/open scheme used by all pb open commands - NO Folder support unfortunately. But it appeared to show only pdf files.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-26-12 10:13 AM
    It needs some work but the dev is really involved and responsive from what I've seen. Just being able to open a pdf and be right where I closed the last time makes me smile (but maybe I'm just easy to please). Updates and improvements are in the works and for me, it's better than what RIM gave me so I'm happy.
    Vorkosigan and Mr_Bunny like this.
    05-26-12 11:56 AM
    A couple of PDF Reader questions:

1) In PDF Reader, there is an option on the pull down menu called "Back End". What does this do?

2) Does PDF Reader support opening Adobe Digital Editions PDF documents?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    05-26-12 02:05 PM
    The back end button has to do with the render - and there are apparently 2 but I haven't played with it. It has something to do with seeing the page turn. I may not be explaining that well.

If you post your question in the App forum I'm sure the dev will see it. Seems to be more active in that forum and he has a thread already running there with questions answered.
    PB_Owner likes this.
    05-27-12 09:36 AM
    I purchased pdf reader, very nice app, a native app that works well, I can now delete one of my sideloaded apps, handles a 185 page pdf quit smoothly just a couple of thing for me that would make it a excellent app.
    Definitely needs a file browser.
    This functionality might be there maybe I've overlooked it but it seems you need to exit before opening a different pdf.
    Double tape on the screen which zooms to a user defined comfortable reading size and double tap to go back to full page.
    I'll definitely be giving this one a good review.

Side note: any one aware of a file browsing app that may have an "open with command"
    05-27-12 12:18 PM

Side note: any one aware of a file browsing app that may have an "open with command"
    Ghost commander gives the 'open with' option if you hold down on the file - however the only 2 options I can get with it so far are 'phone' and 'sms'. As it's a ported app i get the feeling that it has that functionality in the android version and hopefully it's coming in the pb app.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    05-27-12 07:22 PM
    Hello guys,

Sorry to bump this thread, but there is any option that opens various pdf files at the same time?

I usually need to open 1, 2 sometimes 3 pdf files and consult them and it would be great if i could see them all, not just opening one and shutting down the other...

I hope you guys understand my lack luster english!
    And i truly hope that i can get a hand around here!

Thanks
    08-09-12 01:38 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD