I have a PDF file ive got in a bridge email. if i click it i can view it - want to know is it possible download it to my pb and keep it on it?

thanks
    12-13-11 11:10 AM
    I have a PDF file ive got in a bridge email. if i click it i can view it - want to know is it possible download it to my pb and keep it on it?

thanks
    Normally, when you click to view an attached doc (powerpoint, word, pdf file) a small window opens up (or sometimes its not that easily discernible) where it shows an icon with a 'green arrow' pointing downwards inside/toward a white box.
    It stays for sometime and then vanishes, so you have to catch it once the download gets done. When you click on that icon, the file opens up through the download folder and you can access it.
    Also, as far as I have known when you click on most attachments over the bridge email, it says "tap to download"..... and they all get saved in the download folder on the PB.
    Now I know for a fact that some files which are huge, can sometimes have problems as there is a size limit on the BB.
    Also if you can't access the download folder, get a free files and folder app from the app world, it saves the headache
    Last edited by anindoc; 12-13-11 at 11:19 AM.
    12-13-11 11:15 AM
    thanks mate!
    12-13-11 11:18 AM
    thanks mate!
    Glad to help
    12-13-11 11:18 AM
    Downloads are stored on the bbphone on the sdcard in the Blackberry/documents/bridge folder.

Some files, (like I got a powerpoint yesterday) can be opened and then if the app permits, saved back to the pb. I don't see that option for pdf files.

You will need a 3rd party file manager (File Browser, Files&Folders) which can copy/move files from the bb phone to the pb. BUT beware, BES (corporate) phones might not permit it.
    12-13-11 11:34 AM
    F2 is correct. You can also download it to a computer and move it to your PB over wireless or usb cable
    12-13-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD