I have a pdf file that reads fine on my pc, but when I transfer it to the PB, it is blank - any ideas why?
    05-07-12 08:48 PM
    Where is it from? In other words, what app created it? The reader is finicky with some 3rd party apps that "print to pdf."
    05-07-12 09:24 PM
    ok, so is there a way to convert it that will work?
    05-07-12 09:25 PM
    I've got one of those too. RIM knows there's a problem but has no projected date for a fix. I have no idea how to convert it to a workable file, sorry.
    05-07-12 10:03 PM
    You will likely not get it working. I have the same problem with some Pdf files and have tried every combination of ways to open them without success.
    Finally I found qPDF Viewer in app world and it does work. It will open any of your Pdf files.
    05-07-12 11:41 PM
    If you have the fully adobe suite, you might be able to open/edit/save. But you can also try Print-to-go and see if that might create a readable copy. Open the pdf on computer, Print, Print-to-go and save.
    05-08-12 12:32 AM
    To be fair to RIM, it probably isn't their fault. I work with Adobe Creative Suite every day and the PDF format has thousands of variations. Your best bet is to get a "print to PDF" program (works like a print driver) and print the current PDF to another PDF using one of the older profiles.
    05-08-12 06:16 AM
    I have the same issue using acrobat on my pc. 2 ways I got the pdf's to work, print to pdf instead of using the acrobat add-on of convert to pdf. The 2nd way is to use RIM's print to go, seems to work perfect the handful of times I've used it. If you do figure out a different way or setting that works, please post as the print to pdf has it's limitations.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    05-08-12 06:51 AM
    Just out of interest, one of the PDF's that don't work on my PB is the limited warranty PDF on the Blackberry Playbook Support page Just shows up blank
    05-08-12 06:59 AM
    I have a pdf file that reads fine on my pc, but when I transfer it to the PB, it is blank - any ideas why?
    I have seen the same a few times, on files generated from Adobe Acrobat Pro, ... but most times when files generated from 3rd party such as PDF "printers" etc..

Since RIM is relying so much on PDF in the device, I really hope they have not only high-flying plans- but also ongoing work- to make PDF reading a good experience, with Search options, index-handling etc.. - and that they make the "universal search" for Playbook- and indexes PDF files as well as filenames...
    05-08-12 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD