Hey Guys!

PC World are currently selling off the official Blackberry Playbook Desk Charger for �4.99!
    They are limiting it to 1 per customer(I managed to get 2 woman behind me put it through for me)

They are the rapid chargers that don't use the USB port but the 3 little pin things on bottom of PB

Enjoy!
    123nat, slparry, jardin66 and 1 others like this.
    12-26-12 02:22 PM
    Are you sure? They do not seem available to buy at any price on their website!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 02:33 PM
    off to PC World first thing then
    12-26-12 02:37 PM
    It's in store only.
    I asked the tech guy and he said they won't be on the website.
    And yes I', 100% sure they are the official Blackberry Rapid Chargers.

Selling like hot cakes, I've phoned and ordered 6(I know the tech guy) so I can sell them on lol
    12-26-12 02:40 PM
    They are 40 odd pounds in the Dumfries store!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-27-12 05:10 AM
    Bought 3 this morning!!!
    12-27-12 07:02 AM
    Absolute result! �4.99. Was gonna pay �30.00 plus for one the other day

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    12-27-12 10:04 AM
    None in stock that I could see at Aberdeen (Bridge of Dee store) - will look further afield tomorrow ,,,,,,
    12-27-12 10:34 AM
    I got 2, one for me, one for my parents who have a playbook. They're a true bargain at that price - I have the rapid charger already (not the stand / dock, obviously) so wasn't going to bother getting this one, but at that price it'd be rude not to.
    12-27-12 10:51 AM
    Hey Guys!

PC World are currently selling off the official Blackberry Playbook Desk Charger for �4.99!
    They are limiting it to 1 per customer(I managed to get 2 woman behind me put it through for me)

They are the rapid chargers that don't use the USB port but the 3 little pin things on bottom of PB

Enjoy!
    Hi Echo
    I've just been down to my local PC World, dealt with a very helpful assistant there, but he couldn't find any details available, or even that PC World had any in stock. Also, the store manager has no knowledge of this deal.

So, have you got any links, product codes or further details that would help me to track one down locally, please? I'm in Suffolk. My nearest alternative PC World is Ipswich, or Cambridge.

Thanks very much

Bought 3 this morning!!!
    Hi nat
    Again, I'd be interested to know any further details re this deal, ie product code etc, if you have any.

Thanks very much folks
    GF
    12-27-12 10:58 AM
    Again, I'd be interested to know any further details re this deal, ie product code etc, if you have any.

Thanks very much folks
    GF
    I just went into my local Currys / PC World, about 30 minutes ago, asked if they had any, and one of the girls working there got one of the shelf (there didn't seem to be a price on the shelf tag thing for them) and scanned it. It scanned at �4.99 so I asked for one more (bought one for my parents) and just took it to a normal till to pay.

They didn't seem aware of the price of them - but then a charger for a tablet that's not been out for a while is probably small potatoes for them.

edit: there were several others of them on the shelf at the PC World / Currys I went to - probably at least 4 or 5 more, so there's probably been no true run on these, just the informed that realise they're selling them cheap.

I largely despise those that buy up all the stock, when they're selling so cheap, just to turn a tawdry profit. Most would be blissfully unaware of the bargain if not for foums like this - then to play spolier and potentially ruin the bargain for other forum readers seems inordinately selfish.
    SifJar likes this.
    12-27-12 11:03 AM
    Bought 3 in the nottingham centre store. They had one left when i left I should have bought 'em all
    12-27-12 11:05 AM
    GF - On my till receipt it says Blackberry PBK Charg Stand 0000142112

and to the poster who commented that they despite those why buy loads to make a quick profit - I only bought 3 because I bought 2 for myself (me and wife have PB each) and my neighbour has a PB - so I bought it for him.
    Last edited by 123nat; 12-27-12 at 11:37 AM.
    12-27-12 11:26 AM
    Thanks for all the responses.

However, I'm still struggling to locate one of these.

Could anyone post the product number to work on, please? I'm just wanting one for my own personal use, to replace my original charging cable which is a bit 'iffy' since one of my kittens tried chewing on the cable last week! Obviously, at this price it would be worth me buying one, if only I can track one down locally ...

Thanks very much
    12-27-12 11:27 AM
    On my till receipt it says Blackberry PBK Charg Stand 0000142112
    Hi Nat

Thanks for this. Obviously our posts crossed each other so didn't see it until after I posted.

I've been on the phone to my local Curry's and, again, brilliant help but, no luck, even with the product code.
    She suggested I try again tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

I'll post if I have any luck
    Thanks all the same
    12-27-12 11:38 AM
    Just got 2. Still had about 12 on display.
    Malcolm.
    12-27-12 11:45 AM
    Try calling a PC world branch not curry

Hi Nat

Thanks for this. Obviously our posts crossed each other so didn't see it until after I posted.

I've been on the phone to my local Curry's and, again, brilliant help but, no luck, even with the product code.
    She suggested I try again tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath.

I'll post if I have any luck
    Thanks all the same
    12-27-12 11:53 AM
    A lot of Currys branches have integrated PC World branches now - the retail park in my town had separate Currys and PC World outlets a while back, then they close the PC World and put that part of the operation in the Currys outlet.
    12-27-12 12:02 PM
    just checked online and its not even showing up?

has anyone found it online?
    12-27-12 12:14 PM
    just checked online and its not even showing up?

has anyone found it online?
    It's in-store only, not an online deal.
    12-27-12 12:27 PM
    Hi
    PC World and Curry's are one and the same, essentially. I've just tried phoning PC World, and it's the same as Curry's.
    I think I'll have to try again tomorrow, in the hope the local ones can find out some information about this deal. There are obviously none in stock here anyway.

It is just so very strange that neither PC World nor Curry's can find this item on their computer system, which is a nationwide system.

Just got 2. Still had about 12 on display.
    Malcolm.
    Hi
    I'd be interested to know which town you got them from, if you are prepared to post this.

Echo
    Maybe you would be able to ask your tech guy if he knows why it seems the local stores here can't trace this item on their system. I appreciate it isn't on the website.
    Also, do you know how this item at this price became known / advertised etc?

It's looking like I'll miss out on this deal. Oh well, I will have tried hard enough, eh?

Thanks to all of you
    Cheers
    12-27-12 01:03 PM
    No problem.
    PC World North Shields
    Unit D2 Silverlink Retail Park,
    Coast Road,
    Wallsend,
    North Shields, NE28 9ND

Malcolm.
    12-27-12 01:20 PM
    2 remaining at Liverpool/Aintree - With the boxed PlayBooks on display.
    12-27-12 01:53 PM
    2 remaining at Liverpool/Aintree - With the boxed PlayBooks on display.
    The ones I saw (not at this store, though) were just boxed and on a shelf.

There were quite a few, so obviously nobody had previously gone to stock strip my local PC World / Currys. I have seen them listed on ebay, in the past couple of days, so that's obviously where some are going.
    12-27-12 02:19 PM
    Quick question - Is it bad for your playbook battery if you leave it on the charger all the time! I just find it so cool on my desk standing there?

I know from experience leaving my bb phone on the charger overnight ruins the battery :-(
    12-27-12 04:03 PM
73 123