So last week we had the 4.99 charging pod and the 124 64GB playbook, this week its 149 for the 64 but they have the 16GB @ 99.

They appear to want to shift their Playbook stock, but I wonder why? Are they fed up with it taking up warehouse space, done a deal with RIM, or like car dealers clearing out before next years model arrives .
    01-04-13 02:56 AM
    I expect they are clearing stock, they'll have had PBs in their inventory for along time now. It's time to shift them and write the loss off against tax. I doubt any deal has been done with RIM. I got a 16GB model about a year ago for 159 and a 64GB version a couple of months ago for 129, they were both manufactured at the more or less the same time. Makes me think they are clearing stock.
    01-04-13 04:00 AM
    Every time they tried to flog their insurance to me, their staff tried to use as a justification that the Playbooks weren't part of an official RIM supply, but were sourced elsewhere. No idea how true or otherwise it might be.
    01-04-13 04:28 AM
    Every time they tried to flog their insurance to me, their staff tried to use as a justification that the Playbooks weren't part of an official RIM supply, but were sourced elsewhere. No idea how true or otherwise it might be.
    I wouldn't trust theit staff to know their arse from elbow...I bought an Acer Aspire one netbook a few yrs ago and they insisted I bought the Norton anti-virus software at same time....when I pointed out to them that the netbook was running a version of Linux and also contained no CD/DVD drive to install said software I was met with a blank stare and the reply "but its half price" jeesh.....
    btw netbook still running ace great lil machine
    01-04-13 06:57 AM
    I wouldn't trust theit staff to know their arse from elbow...I bought an Acer Aspire one netbook a few yrs ago and ghey insisted I bought the Norton anti-virus software at same time....when I pointed out to them that the netbook was running a version of Linux and also contained no CD/DVD drive to install said software I was met with a blanm stare and the reply "but its half price" jeesh.....
    btw netbook still running ace great lil netbook
    For sure - I hesitated to even mention it for precisely that reason. It did happen a few times though with different staff members, which ruled out just one of them randomly making up a story.
    01-04-13 07:00 AM
    I think they have sold out of 16g, as i tried to get one in store and on the net and they are all sold out.
    01-04-13 08:16 AM