Hey all,

Recently purchased my BB Playbook, love it so far. It beat out my Kindle Fire (Which I returned), and I was very surprised.

On to my problem, my PC won't recognize my Playbook. Up until about 2 days ago, it was fine. I was working on getting it rooted and installing the Android Market on it. However, while I was doing an upgrade on DM, it never picked up my tablet after the install.

It shows as charging (Thunderbolt icon in battery), or sometimes it charges but only gives me a "cord" icon in the Playbook battery, but that's it.

At one point it would recognize my tablet as an "Unknown Device", now I don't get nada.

The only other USB cord I have is the one my Samsung Galaxy SII came with, but I'm not sure how picky these Playbooks are with USB cords.

Any help is appreciated...
    01-10-12 10:36 AM
    I propose you do the following:

Turn off your playbook
    Launch your pc and launch desktop manager
    now connect your playbook by usb, (make sure its turned off!!!)
    and now while connected turn it on.

This should do the trick.
    01-10-12 10:39 AM
    Could be the beta? I think I've read trouble with DM and the beta. I hope you do know that it isn't even a beta like others that are a preview. It is a developer beta with things missing, added and stripped out for testing their android apps.
    01-10-12 10:40 AM
    I had attempted that, but the computer recognizes it as an Unknown device, or a device that failed, and then the Playbook goes from steady RED light to a slowly blinking Green/Yellow light.

I have also attempted to uninstall and reinstall the DM software.
    01-10-12 10:42 AM
    Could be the beta? I think I've read trouble with DM and the beta. I hope you do know that it isn't even a beta like others that are a preview. It is a developer beta with things missing, added and stripped out for testing their android apps.
    Tried using 1.X version of the OS as well, no dice.
    01-10-12 10:43 AM
    If you are still using 2.0 beta make sure developer mode is on. You will find it in settings / security.

With OS 1 this is an old issue and probably a problem with Windows. See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=606705
    01-10-12 11:02 AM
    I had the same problem after upgrading to the 2.0 beta. Had to do a security wipe and re install the OS and it worked fine.
    01-10-12 11:18 AM
    I have solution in your problem....
    Follow the instruction...
    1.goto to start menu
    2.click devices and printers
    3.double click...rim network device
    4.click...hardware
    5.double click...research and motion network device
    6.click...driver
    7.click...enable...that's it...sorry for my english....
    01-11-12 11:21 AM
    1.goto to start menu
    4.click...hardware
    6.click...driver
    Edit/Delete Message
    01-11-12 11:24 AM
    1.goto to start menu
    4.click...hardware
    6.click...driver
    01-11-12 11:33 AM
    Hey all,

Recently purchased my BB Playbook, love it so far. It beat out my Kindle Fire (Which I returned), and I was very surprised.

On to my problem, my PC won't recognize my Playbook. Up until about 2 days ago, it was fine. I was working on getting it rooted and installing the Android Market on it. However, while I was doing an upgrade on DM, it never picked up my tablet after the install.

It shows as charging (Thunderbolt icon in battery), or sometimes it charges but only gives me a "cord" icon in the Playbook battery, but that's it.

At one point it would recognize my tablet as an "Unknown Device", now I don't get nada.

The only other USB cord I have is the one my Samsung Galaxy SII came with, but I'm not sure how picky these Playbooks are with USB cords.

Any help is appreciated...
    1.goto to start menu
    4.click...hardware
    6.click...driver
    01-11-12 11:34 AM
    Mine was acting goofy the other day too, sort of like what the OP was saying. It had always connected to my PC just fine and then one day my PC would not connect to it. What I did was go into the settings under "storage and sharing" and change the top option to "connect to PC" from the previous setting of "automatically detect".

Maybe give that a try? It worked for me.
    01-11-12 11:38 AM
    I've had my Playbook for about 4 months now. I've always been able to easily connect it to my PC and transfer files as necessary.

Today I went to connect my PB, and my computer wouldn't detect it. It wouldn't show up under My Computer or through the Blackberry Desktop app.

I've updated both the OS and desktop software, no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the software, no luck. I've even wiped my PB clean, no luck.

I feel like I've exhausted all my options. Any suggestions?
    04-25-12 02:53 AM
    Hi I had let the battery on my Playbook run out and then I found out you have to use a separate charger to charge it. For some reason it was designed where when the battery is dead it does not recognize that a USB power adapter was plugged in so you have to use a Blackberry charger on its charging port. So after I got the charger I discovered the USB port has died. The tablet works fine otherwise, just no charging, no PC connection, etc. My computer doesn't even recognize that something was plugged in. I haven't been able to figure out why that is (no the USB port is not broken. It worked fine until the battery ran out and now it doesn't).
    11-06-16 04:42 PM
    Hi I had let the battery on my Playbook run out and then I found out you have to use a separate charger to charge it. For some reason it was designed where when the battery is dead it does not recognize that a USB power adapter was plugged in so you have to use a Blackberry charger on its charging port. So after I got the charger I discovered the USB port has died. The tablet works fine otherwise, just no charging, no PC connection, etc. My computer doesn't even recognize that something was plugged in. I haven't been able to figure out why that is (no the USB port is not broken. It worked fine until the battery ran out and now it doesn't).
    My PB USB to PC stopped working too. It recognises it but it can't connect and all it ends up doing is recommending a factory restore which for some reason it can initiate np on the PC. The USB still works with changing just not a data link. So I found an android app "X-plore" file manager which allows you to wirelessly transfer files from a Web browser. It works great and I actually like it better than using the old blackberry desktop manager or link. You can Google it to get a converted bar file.
    12-09-16 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD