Is there an emulator I could use for emulating a complete pc that isn't Dosbox? it doesn't really matter if it's playbook OS native or if it's repackaged android, as long as it's compatible enough and it let me run windows tablet pc edition.
    08-14-14 12:18 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. Even if there was, if you could get it to work how well would windows tablet edition run? I have Windows 3.11 running under DosBox and it runs fairly well, but when you run a windows game it gets a bit laggy. Presumably windows tablet edition has higher spec requirement than Win 3.11.
    08-14-14 03:24 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. Even if there was, if you could get it to work how well would windows tablet edition run? I have Windows 3.11 running under DosBox and it runs fairly well, but when you run a windows game it gets a bit laggy. Presumably windows tablet edition has higher spec requirement than Win 3.11.
    Yeah but the thing is that dosbox technically can't run windows 3.11 without jumping through hoops so of course it's gonna run like crap. I don't like dosbox because it's some quick and dirty mean of playing old games and was never designed for anything else.

What I'd like is something like bochs or vmware that is far more flexible and will act just like a real computer.
    08-14-14 02:04 PM
    You're not going to find anything like that since the processor in most mobile devices isn't built with virtualisation support. RDP or some other similar protocol to communicate with a PC are as close as you will get.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:52 AM
    Yeah but the thing is that dosbox technically can't run windows 3.11 without jumping through hoops so of course it's gonna run like crap. I don't like dosbox because it's some quick and dirty mean of playing old games and was never designed for anything else.

What I'd like is something like bochs or vmware that is far more flexible and will act just like a real computer.
    I wouldn't say Win 3.11 runs like crap under DosBox, generally it runs quite well e.g. MS Office applications (except PowerPoint, which for some reason crashes DosBox). Its just that when you start a game, such as solitaire, it can get a bit jumpy, but is far from unusuable.
    08-18-14 02:42 AM