Well now that every retailer in Ontario at least is completly sold out - do you think we will see more available while this sale is on?

A couple Walmarts i talked to said they are not getting anymore and Future Shop does not know when or if they will. Most websites say 'sold out' which could mean that's it forever!! I mean it just all seems so final.
    11-22-11 09:03 AM
    RIM is still shipping them to retailers. The two Best Buys in Winnipeg have a good 200 units on their way each.
    11-22-11 09:11 AM
    You are one who live in Waterloo. Why ask us?
    Lol.. what exactly does that have to do with anything? Not EVERYONE who lives in Waterloo works at RIM.

Anyways, retailers are still bringing in shipments -- especially over the holidays. I went to get one at Walmart last night, there was none -- dude said more were on the way because their ad just went out, and they had none before people even saw the ad.
    Serkle K, pbfan, Jake2826 and 4 others like this.
    11-22-11 09:22 AM
    Lol.. what exactly does that have to do with anything? Not EVERYONE who lives in Waterloo works at RIM.

Anyways, retailers are still bringing in shipments -- especially over the holidays. I went to get one at Walmart last night, there was none -- dude said more were on the way because their ad just went out, and they had none before people even saw the ad.
    Then do you think there is any truth to the rumor of getting the sales back on for the 64GB from BestBuy? Some people mentioned they were told BestBuy would be getting them back in on Wednesday (tomorrow) and the sale would probably go on again. Others mentioned that the 64GB is not going to be carried any more.

I'd jump on the 64GB if I can find it >$300, but even at $400 i'm debating.
    11-22-11 09:27 AM

Thats cause jerks like me bought them before the sale happened
    11-22-11 09:30 AM
    You are one who live in Waterloo. Why ask us?
    Lol - i would have thought of all cities we would have the most stock! I mean i live 5 minutes from RIM - i'm literally down the road!

Anyways, i guess it's just the 'keep checking the stores' kind of game now.
    11-22-11 09:47 AM
    Lol - i would have thought of all cities we would have the most stock! I mean i live 5 minutes from RIM - i'm literally down the road!

Anyways, i guess it's just the 'keep checking the stores' kind of game now.
    RIM reaffirmed their commitment to the PlayBook yesterday during their innovations forum in Toronto.

devices running OS2 were on display with various features we've been waiting for.

There is little doubt in my mind that PlayBooks will repopulate the shelves of retailers many more times, Futureshop is taking Backorders which means they do Plan to fill them
    11-22-11 09:50 AM
    RIM reaffirmed their commitment to the PlayBook yesterday during their innovations forum in Toronto.
    Not only did Rim reaffirm this but they also showed that they have a lot more invested into the playbook then HP, android or perhaps even apple does with the iPad. Rim is the only company that is building out a back-end infrastructure to support their tablet. For the enterprise (business) the PB will be connected to a back-end BES server. This is for security of corporate data and corporate control. This development takes a high level of commitment and will aid in setting Rim apart from the crowed in security in the tablet sphere once rolled out in the new year.

Once you start to see the total effort and get a glimpse at the behind the scene work that Rim has been doing on the release of 2.0 and the new PB server and how smooth it all works and comes together you can really start to appreciate the amount of time and commitment Rim has to the PB. Rim is not going to stop shipping or pull the plug.
    11-22-11 10:03 AM

devices running OS2 were on display with various features we've been waiting for.

There is little doubt in my mind that PlayBooks will repopulate the shelves of retailers many more times, Futureshop is taking Backorders which means they do Plan to fill them
    can you highlight the features or did you have to sign a NDA?
    francois626 likes this.
    11-22-11 10:04 AM
    can you highlight the features or did you have to sign a NDA?
    They had on Display,
    native email, native calendar with some nice views
    They had the PlayBook being able to use a BlackBerry handset as a input tool!!! (BIGGEST FEATURE for me hello awesome keyboard)
    They had spellcheck Word Substitution included
    11-22-11 10:08 AM
    They had on Display,
    They had the PlayBook being able to use a BlackBerry handset as a input tool!!! (BIGGEST FEATURE for me hello awesome keyboard)
    this makes sense and was the main reason I got a 9930 vs all touch.
    11-22-11 10:20 AM
    They had on Display,
    this makes sense and was the main reason I got a 9930 vs all touch.
    11-22-11 10:23 AM
    Maybe RIM is killing the PB and going back to BBOS where the $$$ is.

RIM should have gone all in with the PB or stick with smartphones where they made their money.
    11-22-11 10:25 AM
    They had on Display,
    impressive... am definitely excited about the BB handset being used as an input tool.

any info on A2DP or DLNA?
    Cr1975 likes this.
    11-22-11 10:26 AM
    Whoa! @deRusett blackberry keyboard as input tool?! Nice!
    11-22-11 10:38 AM
    Then do you think there is any truth to the rumor of getting the sales back on for the 64GB from BestBuy? Some people mentioned they were told BestBuy would be getting them back in on Wednesday (tomorrow) and the sale would probably go on again. Others mentioned that the 64GB is not going to be carried any more.

I'd jump on the 64GB if I can find it >$300, but even at $400 i'm debating.

I was in Best Buy just now, buying a case for my new Playbook. I was trying to decide and the very nice store assistant who helped me apologized for not having any playbooks for me to actually test the cases with. "No worries, I said, I got mine on Friday." He seemed quite relieved then said "Oh, so you saw the crazieness here here (at Best Buy) on Friday?" Me: "No - I got my 64G at Staples on Friday, why, what craziness?"

He said it was absolutely nuts on Friday for the Playbook. Adults were almost fighting each other (acting like kids was how he described it) and they had to threaten to stop serving them if they didn't calm down. He said the Playbooks just flew off the shelves and he'd never seen anything like it.

Anyway, as we were talking a gentleman came up and asked if they had a Playbook in stock, he wanted the 64G... the assistant said they were out, but that they were expecting more stock on Wednesday so maybe there's hope.

I was so relieved I got mine last week from Staples. I heard some Staples still have some but not sure.
    Jake2826 and Serkle K like this.
    11-22-11 12:59 PM
    Well I hope this is going to carry to the States where I am then... TBH, the only reason I want to get it from BestBuy is because I have the points club thing.
    11-22-11 01:39 PM
    They had on Display,
    Thanks! This is great news in regards to using a BB handset as a keyboard for the PB. Does this also apply to the trackpad? I am hoping to connect the PB to my HDTV and control it with my 9900 trackpad or its touch screen (if that's an option).
    11-22-11 02:09 PM
    Well I hope this is going to carry to the States where I am then... TBH, the only reason I want to get it from BestBuy is because I have the points club thing.
    I hope so too . I hope everyone who wants one manages to get hold of one. It sounds as if more will be coming so best of luck.
    11-22-11 02:18 PM
    I bought mine at wall mart on saturday.
    went around today to buy one for my wife..best buy has a truck coming tonite that might have some in..apparently 160 ordered for just that store.

future shop has a truck thursday..
    none of them are taking pre-orders, first come first serve.

that said my wife bought a 32gb at staple at lunch today..apparently stapes takes pre=orders for the 16GB to be delivered next week...
    nabatron likes this.
    11-22-11 02:29 PM
    BestBuy.ca has the 16 and 32 gig available for backorder online and they are going fast. futureshop.ca has the 32's available online for backorder.
    11-22-11 02:36 PM
    They had on Display,
    Thank you so much for the info! Makes me LOVE my 9900 + PB combo even more!
    11-22-11 02:54 PM
    Bestbuy.com only lists the 16 and 32gb Playbooks. The 64 is not on the site anymore.
    11-22-11 03:47 PM
    they seem to getting stock in edmonton futureshops
    11-22-11 04:02 PM
    I walked into staples on Saturday morning and bought 3 of them for Xmas gifts... Glad I got them when I did cuz they can't be found anywhere anymore
    11-22-11 04:19 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD