I left my PB on a late night flight the other night(put it in the pocket when the Wifi on the plane didn't work!) and it has not turned up. Right now somebody is enjoying how nice of a tablet it really is - "gee, this is better than my ipad!"

A couple questions:
    * There is no way to wipe the PB given that it has no BES capabilities on it today. Is there any way to know if it's been bridged with a Blackberry?? Can anyone at RIM help me with this? If so, is there a way to send a message to that BB user??
    * Is there going to be any capabilities built into 2.0 that will allow tracking or BES-type features that I could go through BB to trace and see if the PB is in use? I highly doubt that it was accidentally thrown out, but I'm desperate to find it or ensure it's wiped clean as I had a bunch of information on it. Are there any new features coming that may help me locate this when 2.0 is put on the machine?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/ima...lies/frown.gif

And yes, I've already bought a new one at the killer price...found one in a local Office Depot store...as well as the biggest selection of PB accessories too....
    02-16-12 03:58 PM
    I think you are out of luck.
    The fear of this happening to me is why i keep mine password protected. It's annoying to have to enter it all the time, but this way no one but me is going to enjoy my PB!
    I would love to know if OS2.0 will have remote security wipe capability....
    02-16-12 04:07 PM
    I gotta believe os2 will have some form of remote security wipe. I guess we'll find out soon. Say it with me people. "I WANT MY OS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    02-16-12 04:31 PM
    Sorry to read this, I cannot imagine how this must bother you......and yea, I password protect everything just for these kinds of things. I serioulsy doubt RIM can help you here.
    02-16-12 04:37 PM
    your SOL, someone now is just having a good party with your PB.
    i highly doubt you will recover it even with OS2.0 it will be hard.
    i highly doubt you can see your lost pb being bridged with someone else's bb.
    since there is no form of BES/BIS connection on it.
    the user will most likely watch all your stuff and delete all the unnecessary files or all files.
    02-16-12 04:39 PM
    I think you are out of luck.
    The fear of this happening to me is why i keep mine password protected. It's annoying to have to enter it all the time, but this way no one but me is going to enjoy my PB!
    I would love to know if OS2.0 will have remote security wipe capability....
    Ya, I had just gotten the PB and got my info onto it before I turned on the password security...needless to say, it'll be the first thing I do with the new one!
    02-16-12 04:43 PM
    Sorry for your loss.
    The inability to remote wipe is one of three reasons why our company has rejected the use of PB at work.
    02-16-12 04:46 PM
    Sorry for your loss.
    Sounds like a death in the family.
    Come to think of it, it is.
    Canuck22 and scelerati like this.
    02-16-12 04:49 PM
    My biggest fear also. I have taped a business card on the back. That way there is a chance of getting it back. Have you called the airline. I know they break guitars among other terrible things but you never know. A week or two ago someone left theirs on a train, called lost and found and they had it. Do you happen to know your PIN number. It may be traceable some day.
    02-16-12 04:58 PM
    Yes, the business card went through my mind also...all these things I think of after the fact. I do have the PIN, so hoping somehow I'll be able to track it down in the future...who knows...
    02-16-12 05:32 PM
    ouch that sucks man. Sorry to hear eh
    02-16-12 05:38 PM
    The business card is a great idea!!
    Hopefully, the person who finds it has a good conscience.

It's not necessarily gone.

Last year, while walking the streets in Vegas (<<<boy does THAT sound bad ), I found a wallet with a blank signed check, credit card, bank card, military ID, social security # printed right on the ID, and a million pesos. Yes, I gave it back. I spent my last 2 days of vacation trying to find him.

It can and does happen.
    Sesami and ambarmetta like this.
    02-16-12 05:41 PM
    Sorry for your loss.
    The inability to remote wipe is one of three reasons why our company has rejected the use of PB at work.
    This functionality is coming to organizations very soon.
    02-16-12 05:44 PM
    If the new "owner" of your playbook hasn't re-initialized it you may be able to ring them up via video chat from another playbook.

You didn't have auto-authorized purchases through pay pal enabled did you? If so you'll want to contact RIM to get that disabled ASAP!

Of course as others have suggested... call the airline and see if their cabin check picked it up. Of course it is small so may still be at the bottom of that pocket. Armed with the flight # and seat assignment it wouldn't be too difficult to find out.

Best of luck!
    02-16-12 05:44 PM
    So sorry about that! Someone may have a good heart and at least turn it in - good luck.

For all your other devices and valuables, consider StuffBak (Untitled Document). Every device I've accidently left somewhere while traveling has been returned to me - so worth the investment!

I truly hope you get your PB back!
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-16-12 06:00 PM
    Sorry you lost your Playbook ....I'd like to think the airline might have it in their lost and found ...
    02-16-12 07:07 PM
    Yes, I called the airline first thing the next morning...I knew the flight was returning where I came from the night before and they said they called the airport while I was on hold to alert the gate agent....no immediate luck or callbacks...I like the Video Chat idea...I'll need to try that...I appreciate the suggestions and well wishes!
    02-16-12 07:31 PM
    I left my PB on a late night flight the other night(put it in the pocket when the Wifi on the plane didn't work!) and it has not turned up. Right now somebody is enjoying how nice of a tablet it really is - "gee, this is better than my ipad!"

A couple questions:
    * There is no way to wipe the PB given that it has no BES capabilities on it today. Is there any way to know if it's been bridged with a Blackberry?? Can anyone at RIM help me with this? If so, is there a way to send a message to that BB user??
    * Is there going to be any capabilities built into 2.0 that will allow tracking or BES-type features that I could go through BB to trace and see if the PB is in use? I highly doubt that it was accidentally thrown out, but I'm desperate to find it or ensure it's wiped clean as I had a bunch of information on it. Are there any new features coming that may help me locate this when 2.0 is put on the machine?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated. http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/ima...lies/frown.gif

And yes, I've already bought a new one at the killer price...found one in a local Office Depot store...as well as the biggest selection of PB accessories too....
    Actually, I would suggest you should contact RIM. They may not be able to wipe it, but it does have a unique serial number and PIN. You can at least get to the point of it not having your identifying info and account associated with it. My bet, however, is that it is as likely as not on its way to either Alabama or Mississippi to the TSA warehouse of lost, found, and confiscated if lost in the US.
    02-16-12 08:17 PM
    if you contact RIM, they can at least disable the PIN for future updates.
    02-16-12 08:23 PM
    A password would be like a remote wipe if they try too many times and don't guess it. Sorry, hope RIM can at least block it.
    02-16-12 08:23 PM
    I found an ipad 2 on a flight I was on in November. I emailed and FB messaged the owner for 3 days and never got a response. I finally dropped it off at the airline lost and found after my return flight. I still don't know if they ever picked it up. I'm sure you'll get it back soon.
    02-16-12 09:27 PM
    I found an ipad 2 on a flight I was on in November. I emailed and FB messaged the owner for 3 days and never got a response. I finally dropped it off at the airline lost and found after my return flight. I still don't know if they ever picked it up. I'm sure you'll get it back soon.
    Hey, JK. What happened with your situation (i.e. the mail carrier stealing your PB)?
    02-16-12 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD