Just bought a Tesco Hudl in UK for an almost insanely low price. Great screen and wow - compared to the PB the Hudl is lightening fast web browsing.
    How can I speed up the PB? - tried most browsers - Dolphin, Simple, Native and use Origami most of the time. But it is so slow.
    04-09-15 02:09 PM
    Just bought a Tesco Hudl in UK for an almost insanely low price. Great screen and wow - compared to the PB the Hudl is lightening fast web browsing.
    How can I speed up the PB? - tried most browsers - Dolphin, Simple, Native and use Origami most of the time. But it is so slow.
    your looking at 4 year old hardware that has just in all honesty been put to its best when the development of its OS is gone.
    04-09-15 02:19 PM
    Sadly, most web browsers on the PB leave a lot to be desired. Maxthon and Origami seem to be the speediest that I've tried. Lately I have been using Origami.
    04-09-15 03:52 PM
    Origami set to a mobile user agent is likely as good as it gets on the PB these days.
    04-09-15 03:58 PM
    Always remember that flash and java slow things down. If you disable those, the PB is not that bad and it is a better comparison.
    04-10-15 01:49 PM
    Fast browser blows origami out of the water. Its in the pb store

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 03:39 AM
    Fast browser blows origami out of the water. Its in the pb store

Posted via CB10
    Does it, though? Admittedly, I haven't tried Fast Browser, but both Fast and Origami are just reskins of the stock browser, correct? I find it hard to believe that Fast Browser would be that much faster than the other offerings.
    04-13-15 07:43 AM
    I don't know if one would consider fast browser just a reskin of the stock browser, or not, as it's built off the same webkit engine. I do know in fast mode it's considerably quicker the stock browser in out of box configuration. How they compare if you were to turn off java and flash on the stock browser I don't know. I do know that under most conditions, it has become my 'goto' browser for playbook. I just wished it was more of a do all browser in fast mode than what it is so I wouldn't have to depend on origami to fill in the blanks or having to turn off lightening mode.

Between origami, maxthon and fast, I haven't found a browser yet that can fill in all the blanks, but when you figure in fast's ease of configuration and over all usability, those things make up for what it is lacking.
    mh1983 likes this.
    04-13-15 09:48 AM