Honestly, after a week of upgrading to v2, I am struggling to find a use for my PB that would stick for me beyond the occasional surfing the web while in bed.

I really want to use it for my work and I need my PB to include some ways to:

1) Add comments, bookmarks, highlight and search PDFs. Didn't RIM buy DataWiz and don't DocsToGo on android already have a more powerful PDF reader than the poor excuse we have on our native PB??
    2) Read books (yes I know you can do it) but have them organize in folders or categories so that I can locate them instead of having to scroll down the hundreds of PDFs and epubs I have
    3) Actually getting the native mail messanger to work with my yahoo mail account. I don't get how my BB 9800 can hook up with my yahoo account without having to configure imap or pop or smtp but with PB, its trial and error all these combinations to comeback to the starting point

I don't care much for user experience or aesthetics or QNX or multi-tasking or a gazillion apps that produces variations of fart noises.

HDMI? Nice. But that is secondary to what I need it for, which is for work. Isn't that the target segment RIM is after for a start?

I mean, whats the use of having great features like printtogo or remote typing when it serves no purposes accept for the most rudimentary stuff which I can do on my BB 9800?

So frustrating when you have in your hands a tablet with so much potential but suffers because of such poor implementation and execution!
    kevinnugent, DMitch and toneytone like this.
    02-28-12 08:37 AM
    Honestly, after a week of upgrading to v2, I am struggling to find a use for my PB that would stick for me beyond the occasional surfing the web while in bed.

I really want to use it for my work and I need my PB to include some ways to:

Read books (yes I know you can do it) but have them organize in folders or categories so that I can locate them instead of having to scroll down the hundreds of PDFs and epubs I have

Actually getting the native mail messanger to work with my yahoo mail account. I don't get how my BB 9800 can hook up with my yahoo account without having to configure imap or pop or smtp but with PB, its trial and error all these combinations to comeback to the starting point

...I need it for, which is for work.
    You read books and use yahoo mail for a living?
    02-28-12 08:41 AM
    One other thing,

Has anyone figure out how to take a pic from a BB phone, open it on PB (cool!) and then actually try to save it so that I can browse it on my PB or upload it to a forum using flash??

Its damn near impossible, isn't the picture already in my PB? I don't get it.
    02-28-12 08:43 AM
    You read books and use yahoo mail for a living?
    I have a lot of documents that I sent via Printtogo so that I revise them on the go.

I download ebooks to read which is nothing wrong.

And my e-mail from way back is on yahoo.

Whats wrong with that?
    02-28-12 08:45 AM
    "3) Actually getting the native mail messanger to work with my yahoo mail account. I don't get how my BB 9800 can hook up with my yahoo account without having to configure imap or pop or smtp but with PB, its trial and error all these combinations to comeback to the starting point"

My yahoo mail works absolutely fine. I believe that your problem is, as we used to say a "carbon based issue".
    02-28-12 08:52 AM
    How did you do all this before you got a Playbook?
    02-28-12 08:53 AM

Whats wrong with that?
    I completely agree. I read ebooks too, especially when traveling, and it is not up to the device builder to chose the mail service we want to use.

I suspect there are two different forces at work at RIM : one chose a very satisfying hardware, the other is in charge of the software and gives the impression of not being very interested in the tablet.

Some apps would be considered very basic and not professional on any platform, like the PDF viewer or the NATIVE browser that doesn't show folders.

Others are more shocking if you consider that it is a blackberry device. Like the mail app which you can't use vertically to type quickly with your thumbs while traveling.

Another problem are the delays in updates.

Oh and also, when I have to show my playbook to someone else, I take care to start before the meeting, because I feel really stupid having to wait for 3 minutes before it becomes usable.
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-28-12 08:53 AM
    I have a lot of documents that I sent via Printtogo so that I revise them on the go.

Whats wrong with that?
    Nothing.. but you kept saying that this is mainly for work, but your gripes were yahoo mail and reading epubs..
    02-28-12 08:54 AM
    One other thing,

Has anyone figure out how to take a pic from a BB phone, open it on PB (cool!) and then actually try to save it so that I can browse it on my PB or upload it to a forum using flash??

I would like to know if this is possible too.
    02-28-12 08:56 AM

My yahoo mail works absolutely fine. I believe that your problem is, as we used to say a "carbon based issue".
    And that human error never happend when I set up my BB mail account. Why? 2 lines was all it took, one for my e-mail address and the other my password for my phone.
    02-28-12 08:59 AM
    I would like to know if this is possible too.
    Oh you mean like selecting filemanager in the playbook and looking at the files you have on your bb phone like I just did a few minutes ago between my pb and 9930?
    recompile likes this.
    02-28-12 09:06 AM
    How did you do all this before you got a Playbook?
    Had a iPad before and had goodreader on it. Before that, I lug a sony vaio laptop around.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-28-12 09:09 AM
    we just got OS2, no need to rush for another one, let RIM work on the next updates

Oh and also, when I have to show my playbook to someone else, I take care to start before the meeting, because I feel really stupid having to wait for 3 minutes before it becomes usable.
    wouldn't it be because you always turn off the PB, when pausing it seems to be the best way to use it?
    02-28-12 09:09 AM
    Something that I realized is that tablets don't do everything. It's going to be something that I want it to do that it cant. So I had to do research and find a tablet that comes close to my needs and wants. I bought the PlayBook in May and haven't looked back. It satisfies my needs for what I use it for. The PlayBook is approx 10 months old and has grown considerable over that time period. It's not as mature as others, but it's growing at a rapid pace. There is no tablet that is perfect. I suggest doing research and buying one that closely fits YOUR needs and wants.
    02-28-12 09:14 AM
    One other thing,

Hold the volume up and down button at the same time on the PB
    02-28-12 09:16 AM
    Oh you mean like selecting filemanager in the playbook and looking at the files you have on your bb phone like I just did a few minutes ago between my pb and 9930?
    All, I see is a Done button. I can't swipe down for more options and I can't save it in my PB so that I can view it later without having to connect to my BB phone again.
    02-28-12 09:17 AM
    Had a iPad before and had goodreader on it. Before that, I lug a sony vaio laptop around.

Okay here is what I lug around. A BB Bold to converse with, A BB Playbook to do things I can't do on my phone, and a Linux laptop to do things on I HAVE to do.

There is no perfect world in computers and won't be for a long time. You are trying to hard to combine all your computing needs into a product that is in its infancy and simply cannot compete with a full blown computer. And it isn't just the Playbook it is ALL tablet computers. Even the God himself, Steve Jobs once said tablets are not meant to replace laptops.

I read all your previous posts and they are all complaints. if you don't like your Playback throw it out. But complaining and harping on something that BB is well aware of and working on, is pointless.
    02-28-12 09:19 AM
    Take a screen shot of the picture as k_w suggested or use a 3rd party file manager to transfer files.
    02-28-12 09:19 AM
    I am so frustrated with my Playbook that I am ready to throw it at the wall. My email doesn’t work. I set up POP and imap. POP works once and then can’t connect to server. I have to go into the setting and save them again to get it to work. It works once and then back to can’t connect to server. With imap all messages constantly get marked as unread. I read the message and it shows unread but when it fetches for new mail all messages are marked unread. The fact that we have to jump through hoops to sync up contacts and calendar is pathetic. They shouldn’t have released an os that is not complete. That’s what they did when they came out with the playbook to begin with. This was RIM’s second chance. IMO they blew it. Anyone that just wants to buy a tablet and have things work from the start is going to be very disappointed. I have been a blackberry fan for years but RIM is pushing me away.
    02-28-12 09:21 AM
    All you have to is open the photo on the file manage and press the volume + and - at the same time and it loads on the PB. This is posted on this forum about 20 times.
    02-28-12 09:22 AM
    Haha...that is one amazing workaround. Didn't strike me.
    I thank you sir. That is a great work around.
    1) Add comments, bookmarks, highlight and search PDFs. Didn't RIM buy DataWiz and don't DocsToGo on android already have a more powerful PDF reader than the poor excuse we have on our native PB??
    Foxit Mobile. You will have to sideload it though.
    3) Actually getting the native mail messanger to work with my yahoo mail account. I don't get how my BB 9800 can hook up with my yahoo account without having to configure imap or pop or smtp but with PB, its trial and error all these combinations to comeback to the starting point
    Have you searched the forum?
    I don't care much for user experience or aesthetics or QNX or multi-tasking or a gazillion apps that produces variations of fart noises.

HDMI? Nice. But that is secondary to what I need it for, which is for work. Isn't that the target segment RIM is after for a start?

I mean, whats the use of having great features like printtogo or remote typing when it serves no purposes accept for the most rudimentary stuff which I can do on my BB 9800?

So frustrating when you have in your hands a tablet with so much potential but suffers because of such poor implementation and execution!
    So what did you buy PB for? Did you do some research before buying?
    02-28-12 09:24 AM
    I completely agree. I read ebooks too, especially when traveling, and it is not up to the device builder to chose the mail service we want to use.

I suspect there are two different forces at work at RIM : one chose a very satisfying hardware, the other is in charge of the software and gives the impression of not being very interested in the tablet.

Some apps would be considered very basic and not professional on any platform, like the PDF viewer or the NATIVE browser that doesn't show folders.

Others are more shocking if you consider that it is a blackberry device. Like the mail app which you can't use vertically to type quickly with your thumbs while traveling.

Why are you turning off you pb? The pb was not designed to be shut down like a laptop. It was designed more like a cell phone.
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-28-12 at 09:30 AM.
    02-28-12 09:27 AM
    I am so frustrated with my Playbook that I am ready to throw it at the wall. My email doesn�t work. I set up POP and imap. POP works once and then can�t connect to server. I have to go into the setting and save them again to get it to work. It works once and then back to can�t connect to server. With imap all messages constantly get marked as unread. I read the message and it shows unread but when it fetches for new mail all messages are marked unread. The fact that we have to jump through hoops to sync up contacts and calendar is pathetic. They shouldn�t have released an os that is not complete. That�s what they did when they came out with the playbook to begin with. This was RIM�s second chance. IMO they blew it. Anyone that just wants to buy a tablet and have things work from the start is going to be very disappointed. I have been a blackberry fan for years but RIM is pushing me away.
    I looked back on your posts: again nothing but complaints from almost the entire year last year. RIM is pushing you away? If you were one of my customers, I'd fire you.
    02-28-12 09:28 AM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD