Hey Everyone!

Well it's that wonderful time of year again...... My Birthday lol
    And my partner is wanting to know what to buy me today.

Been looking at getting myself a Tablet
    Blackberry Play is a really nice looking tablet but is it worth buying?

I sadly don't have a BB phone(iPhone user) but I do have Wifi.
    How much will this affect it?

What do you use your PBs for?
    Some help would be really great!

Thank you
    08-02-12 06:53 AM
    It's definitely worth getting, but look at the Nexus 7 as well. I'm not disappointed I bought the PlayBook now that the N7 is out, but the Nexus is definitely better in some aspects, and you'll have to consider what's most important to you.

I use my PlayBook as a portable laptop replacement. I went 2 weeks without turning my MacBook or NetBook on shortly after buying the PB. It does all the basics that a computer does, and flash support definitely helped. I'm planning on getting the MS Wedge Keyboard to make it even more suitable for that purpose.
    08-02-12 07:23 AM
    If you had a Blackberry handset, I'd say unequivocably yes - Blackberry Bridge is awesome. That's the reason I chose to buy my first Playbook this week.

As you don't, then it depends what you want to do with it. For browsing, email, watching videos or loading your own MP3s it's great at the price and you get more storage than the competition, along with HDMI output for playing movies on the TV. If however you plan on loading it with apps, using it as a book reader and playing lots of games you might want to consider one of the new crop of Android tablets like the Nexus 7.

Best thing is to go to shop that has both and have a play around.
    08-02-12 09:12 AM
    I'd have a few apps on it, well plants vs zombies.
    it would be for browsing net, emails, videos.

Oh and to keep my appointments for hospital etc in order but mainly chilling on forums etc
    08-02-12 09:16 AM
    If you are not very technical and need flash on the tablet, PB is better than Nexus 7. Sure PB doesn't have the apps but you will have to decide that for yourself. Although you can still run flash on JellyBean you will have to jump through some hoops. PB is flash out of the box. I think RIM should really exploit this feature more. Flash may be a dying technology but right now it is a fairly important part of the web video experience.
    08-02-12 09:26 AM
    The price of the Playbook is unbeatable. The rest very subjective.
    08-02-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD