My playbook is only a month old. Battery was near 100% and I used it earlier today and it worked fine. I turned off completely. Went to turn it back on and just as home screen was coming on, screen just went black. Now nothing works. Cant turn on with power button, will not get red light, nothing. Tried plugging it in just to see if that did anything and no.

Suggestions? Thanks
    06-21-11 06:05 PM
    try holding power, volume up, and volume down for about 5 seconds, should hard reset and fix it
    mousetrapgal and ED1209 like this.
    06-21-11 06:08 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. That worked!
    06-21-11 06:15 PM
    The same thing happened to my pb, i did the hard reset and it worked but I would like to know what caused my pb to lock up. Is this a known problem or an isolated issue???
    01-07-12 08:25 PM
    The same thing happened to my pb, i did the hard reset and it worked but I would like to know what caused my pb to lock up. Is this a known problem or an isolated issue???
    If your problem keeps coming back again and again then there is a legit cause of concern, so right now dont worry. As with any electronic device there are always issues that needs a device reboot, like a battery pull on a cell phone, the blue screen of death on a PC....so PB isno exception.
    Most users will face the freezing of the PB sometime, it can be for a variety of reasons. The hard reset is the PBs reboot option, if that sets it right its all good
    ED1209 likes this.
    01-07-12 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD