Don't waste your time with all the frustrating rnd.. Just take it to the service center for repairs.
    I too faced this issue and took it to the customer service center and got a replacement within a week. They never told me what was the issue.
    10-02-12 10:27 PM
    Don't waste your time with all the frustrating rnd.. Just take it to the service center for repairs.
    I too faced this issue and took it to the customer service center and got a replacement within a week. They never told me what was the issue.
    Where does one find Service Centers? I thought phone calls were required to get rma help.
    10-03-12 12:39 AM
    OK, short version is that I am now stuck on the "splash screen"
    I had to disconnect the battery again, after which I plugged in the rapid charges (magnetic 3 spot type) and got the red light then blinking green. Charged up overnight and now it is stuck on the splash screen, dotsBlackberry Playbook in white text over a black screen with colored circles wandering back and forth and fading in and out.

I have rtried the 20 second power button reset, the vil up+vol down+ power reset, the 30 sec, 15 sec 3 sec power reset, and am always stuck at the splash screen.

Desktop manager will not even recognize that I am attaching it to the computer.
    jpash549 likes this.
    10-03-12 04:07 PM
    OK, short version is that I am now stuck on the "splash screen"
    I had to disconnect the battery again, after which I plugged in the rapid charges (magnetic 3 spot type) and got the red light then blinking green. Charged up overnight and now it is stuck on the splash screen, dotsBlackberry Playbook in white text over a black screen with colored circles wandering back and forth and fading in and out.

I have rtried the 20 second power button reset, the vil up+vol down+ power reset, the 30 sec, 15 sec 3 sec power reset, and am always stuck at the splash screen.

Desktop manager will not even recognize that I am attaching it to the computer.
    The splash screen will take a good 5 min before the PB home screen comes on.
    10-03-12 04:19 PM
    Desktop Manager may not recognize the PB if its USB port is damaged.

The boot sequence (splash screen) may take quite a while---as long as ten minutes---if the filesystem needs a thorough self-check / self-repair, as might be required after improper shutdowns.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 10-03-12 at 04:26 PM.
    10-03-12 04:20 PM
    It has been stuck this way for the past 2 hours since my last post...
    10-03-12 06:50 PM
    Hail Mary pass:

1. Disconnect PB from computer.
    2. Turn PB completely off. (Use dark room to ensure screen is not dimly glowing.)
    3. Start Desktop Manager.
    4. Connect PB. (Leave PB *off*)
    5. Hope that you get a "cannot communicate with device" error box.

If you do, follow this debrick procedure: Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices) | CrackBerry.com
    10-03-12 07:35 PM
    It no longer even acknowledges that it is connected via USB.
    I did a power button 30/15/3 second reset, and it will not turn back on.
    Gonna disconnect the battery again...
    10-05-12 06:20 AM
    Thoroughly frustrating!
    10-05-12 04:06 PM
    What would happen if I plugged in both the USB and rapid charger at the same time? Nothing else is working...
    10-06-12 09:18 AM
    What would happen if I plugged in both the USB and rapid charger at the same time? Nothing else is working...
    At this point what would it hurt?
    10-06-12 09:40 AM
    Glock, I know you're outside of your warranty period but I would still contact RIM. They fixed my friends tablet and he was well beyond the warranty date.
    10-06-12 09:41 AM
    I had this happen all the time until I started making sure the Playbook was "ON" when charging it...
    ...Then the only odd thing I would have to deal with is that after I unplug it the screen would be glowing for about 5 minutes.
    ....Then it would re-start it self and everything would be fine.
    10-06-12 10:22 AM
    I have not gone "blow by blow" but I think at this point the battery may be fried.
    10-06-12 02:49 PM
    VICTORY!
    An all night charge with BOTH the USB and the travel charger did the trick.
    FF22 and johnnyuk like this.
    10-07-12 09:48 AM
    VICTORY!
    An all night charge with BOTH the USB and the travel charger did the trick.
    Wow Great! Now never let that puppy go dead again LOL.
    10-07-12 10:04 AM
    Well, if nothing else, you are a model of persistence! Terrific news.
    10-07-12 07:08 PM
    to be honest and frank dont waste your time tinkering around. if you had it less than a year use your warrenty.
    10-07-12 07:39 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD