Blackberry Playbook, Kindle Fire, and the latest is the Kobo Vox. From what I've read the Kobo Vox is only available to us hayseeds in Canada. Still, the newest tablets to hit the market are 7". I remember when the PB was introduced the major complaint was it was ONLY 7".

I personally like the 7" size because i can carry it everywhere. I also love the PB because i can, with BT to my BB9800, be online anywhere.

I won't get into the issues with the lack of progress for the PB at Devcon because I think there may be one or two threads on that issue. (insert sarcasm here)
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    10-20-11 11:27 AM
    Has anyone confirmed whether or not the Kobo device is, in fact, based on the same hardware as the PB and Fire?

Galaxy Tab 7 is on it's way out too...probably only a matter of time before Apple jumps on the bandwagon and puts out an iPad-mini...lol
    10-20-11 11:31 AM
    You forgot about the Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab which was released 4-5 months before the Playbook.
    10-20-11 11:31 AM
    yeah i love my pb, got it yesterday havent left it alone since, i think its a perfect size tbh and goes well with my 9900.

anyone recommend any hard cases for the pb?
    10-20-11 12:20 PM
    yeah i love my pb, got it yesterday havent left it alone since, i think its a perfect size tbh and goes well with my 9900.

10-20-11 12:21 PM
    You forgot about the Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab which was released 4-5 months before the Playbook.
    True, but it was not manuf by Quanta.

I'm not sure about the Vox - but it looks exactly like the Playbook / Fire externally; it stands to think that it is also manuf by Quanta.
    10-20-11 12:34 PM
    Facts, facts facts! Stop muddying my brilliantly ignorant thread with facts. Not everyone is factitious ya know. Geez!
    10-20-11 12:43 PM
    Yeah, the galaxy tab was out way way longer than the playbook... Like way before ipad2. It was maybe the first tablet I got my hands on other than the Ipad.
    10-20-11 01:42 PM
    funny thing is I forgot about that also
    10-20-11 02:05 PM
    Galaxy Tab 7 is on it's way out too...probably only a matter of time before Apple jumps on the bandwagon and puts out an iPad-mini...lol[/QUOTE]

Now that Stevie is gone they can. Before he said they will never launch a 7 incher. The iPAD nano launched with the next iPAD3
    10-20-11 02:56 PM

That Otterbox is great for it. I like the stand that comes with it. It does add some bulk to the PB but when you have kids you have to protect your other baby.
    10-20-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD