I just bought myself a Z10 not too long ago and find I'm not using my PlayBook as often. Surprise surprise the Z10 is a great phone after dumping my iPhone 4.

The problem I have been having is quite peculiar. When the PB is plugged into my TV via micro HDMI (awesomeness) the touch screen becomes useless. As in it doesn't matter where you touch the sensors think your fingers are somewhere else touching multiple times. My fix is a reboot whole connected then it works again.

Now it's doing the same thing when plugged into a power source and is quite annoying as I want to rent movies from BlackBerry (prices are better) but it takes forever to reboot and get going again.

Unplug and everything is fine.

Anyone else have similar issues and what was your fix?

The good thing is that I have receipt with 3 year warranty but since I can't bridge the PB is starting to collect dust.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 04:12 PM
    This happens to me if I use a third party or low quality cable, try replacing your cables for good quality ones ... maybe that will help.
    06-16-13 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the input. The power cable is original from BlackBerry but I could try a different HDMI cable although it works no problem on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 04:28 PM
    Try plugging it into a different socket or even circuit. Faulty grounds can cause it as well as some other appliances on the same line. Plasma tv's have also been known to skew the screen and there's a video of a "Lightning Globe" playing havoc with a screen.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-16-13 05:07 PM
    ^^ also, microwave ovens, subwoofers, TL lights etc may interfere.
    06-16-13 06:09 PM
    ^^ also, microwave ovens, subwoofers, TL lights etc may interfere.
    and tin foil hats.....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 06:26 PM
    and tin foil hats.....
    I find them effective to screen OUT interference from Mars! And their little green men
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 07:38 PM
    Mine has to be grounded while charged by touching the edge of the screen where a slight rubber/plastic divider protrudes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    06-17-13 03:49 AM
    I find them effective to screen OUT interference from Mars! And their little green men
    And me?
    06-17-13 07:49 AM
    And me?
    jkla;d lka;jdfasfj............jasldfjal;fj l;kjj aslk;fj .lfasdjfjfljkglkj;hpooiareia098p0ofuaosraslk ...........

Can't hear you - static on the line. Try plugging your fingers into a different socket!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-17-13 09:34 AM
    The Playbook DOES some "jitter dance" when you touch it while it is plugged in the the OEM charger. This has been posted about before. The cause? undetermined, but not uncommon. Just unplug and good to go.

As to the HDMI aspect, as mentioned above, not sure, but I seem to remember reading somewhere here that Plasmas do cause some effects on the PB.

Try a friends NON Plasma tv with your PB, HDMI Cable and charger and see/let us know what happens.

C
    06-17-13 03:01 PM
    Bad chargers can induce such behavior.
    I noticed the same behavior on an iPod with a non oem charger
    06-17-13 03:09 PM