Why doesn't RIM read the crackberry blogs?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 04:27 AM
    Solved. I got rid of my folders and restarted. Playbook worked fine! Thanks to all!

Hey onggp, if your PB was stuck at the welcome animation, how could you have accessed your PB to remove the folders in the dock???

By the way, F2 is a wealth of info and great CrackBerry user... When I first joined CB i recognized this instantly. Thanks F2!

EDIT: Never mind. I re read your first post OP, and realized it was not stuck at the welcome screen ad infinitum. It was just stuck there for a very long time but eventually loaded. Now I see how you were able to remove the folders.

Last edited by bounce007; 04-20-12 at 05:57 AM.
    04-20-12 05:53 AM
    Ohhh what a bloody relief to read that all folders on the dock could create major issues!!!

I got my PB in October last year and it worked perfectly until the morning after I downloaded OS2 in February. OS2 downloaded well and I used it for a couple of hours and then I turned it off, my usual habit, and turned it back on the next morning.

Darn thing got stuck on the intro circles screen and so I had to do a total and full Desktop Mgr re-load. The PB would work perfectly again until - I turned it off and then I couldn't get past those darn floating circles again!!!

After trying this 3 times I contacted BB Support - who are based in Portugal - that is where Australian PB users are sent for help - Portugal. The staff were wonderful and spoke English in a near native capacity - what a relief!

So - after going through a total DM re-install once again and then after turn off not being able to access the PB Home page they told me to send it to Teleplan - the Australian repair mob for Blackberry in Sydney.

3 bloody weeks later and still no PB I wanted to know what the heck was going on!!!

4 weeks on I got a refurbished PB which had more problems than just a failure to turn on properly - the screen also froze intermittently and the video and camera screens were blurred.

Immediately contacted Portugal and they arranged for me to send it back to Teleplan.

After much chat Portugal got approval to issue me with a new PB, via Teleplan - which arrived on Monday of this week. Yep it's taken just on 2 months for me to get a PB that I want to keep.

BUT - after I set it up and then turned it off - to check what would happen - the bloody thing refused to start and get past the bubbles of death!!

So - after a total DM download again and re-establishing my PB again I determined that I would just leave it on 24 x 7 and never turn it off - works great that way.

AND NOW I READ THAT ALL ALONG THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN BECAUSE OF MY PREDILECTION TO ORDERLINESS!!!!

Yep - immediately after downloading OS2 I organised all the apps/files into folders which I placed on the bloody dock!!!

Phew .... what a relief to learn that that was the problem all along!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP
    All I can say is thank God I read this thread before I experienced this!
    04-20-12 06:04 AM
    Hey onggp, if your PB was stuck at the welcome animation, how could you have accessed your PB to remove the folders in the dock???

By the way, F2 is a wealth of info and great CrackBerry user... When I first joined CB i recognized this instantly. Thanks F2!

EDIT: Never mind. I re read your first post OP, and realized it was not stuck at the welcome screen ad infinitum. It was just stuck there for a very long time but eventually loaded. Now I see how you were able to remove the folders.

Thank you, Bounce. I have my tricks, one of which is a 130KB text file where tidbits I've grabbed are stored. Selfishly, I do not give attribution to the folks who shared this info. It is just the text. Coupled with a mind like a rusty steel trap - I actually sometimes remember I might have something in that file....

I will admit I sometimes flail out at Rim for some of the dumb stuff they've done or not done. My current gripe is breaking spellcheck/predictive-text in Bridge email. I just can't believe that that was not caught - I suspect that in their quest for secrecy, they limit their beta testing to too few users. Or like the blind supporters "We really don't think losing that feature is bad. Folks should learn to spell and won't miss it!"
    04-20-12 09:32 AM
    @bounce007

Actually what I meant was, after I updated my Playbook after it was stuck to the animation screen, I didnt organize my apps into folders. This was to avoid the problem from repeating again. In effect, I got rid of the folders from the dock. Cheers!

04-21-12 09:36 PM
    I THINK the advice is that the DOCK should not contain ONLY FOLDERS. So, if you mean "under the dock" - just somewhere else that you can scroll down to, yes, I believe that is safe.
    Correct. Keep the custom folders off the dock. I have never had issues with folders below, and I currently have 9 and no issues.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read enough posts to see this was already affirmed
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 04-21-12 at 09:56 PM.
    04-21-12 09:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD