So adding and sorting mp3's on my pb. I'm finding some that I have loaded that are not showing. I think I have figured out that it views what I call the metadata v2 column?

But what really has me confused, it shows I have the same song, twice. But when I go to play it, says "track could not be loaded, error". Um???

I have rebooted
    I have removed that artist whole folder, it still showed these 2 song.
    searched with win7, didnt find
    browsed with pb file browser, didnt find.

any suggestions?
    04-03-12 09:54 PM
    Did you search in other folders? The pb appears to find media files that are located in what I'd call non-media folders. I think it may scan the entire "disk" and index what it finds. It found my x.wav files associated with my digital camera in an "album".
    04-04-12 12:32 AM
    I looked in all the folders, but my win7 search was just the music folder. Will give that a try tonight.

Other suggestions?
    04-04-12 08:09 AM
    When you say you rebooted, what method? There are sort of 3 ways:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    04-04-12 10:09 AM
    I know this is an old thread, bringing it back to the top.

Ive completely removed all music from it. Says "0" songs, but "3" artist. Open the artist page, it says there should be 4 songs.

Ive tried the 3 buttons for 20 seconds reset. Did nothing.
    05-30-12 09:49 PM
    Are you sure that you do not have some wav or mp3 file in another folder SOMEWHERE? The pb does not respect folders and will show any "music" file anywhere. I had accidentally copied a "voice note" from my digital camera to my photo folder and it shows up in the Music app. So podcast, or something like that?
    05-31-12 12:01 AM
    I did a windows 7 search (which sucks I know) on the whole device looking for *.mp3, and *.wmv. Came back with nothing.
    05-31-12 06:46 AM
    There are more file extensions associated with music than those 2. Like F2 said try *.wav and others.
    05-31-12 08:04 AM
    Ok. Just went thru every folder by folder. I have a few mp4 videos, but nothing else.
    05-31-12 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD