Otdered a Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector for my PB. dind't get it yet but reviews I've been reading/watching aren't really making me want to keep it when I do get it. The protection itself sounds pretty solid. However, it also sounds like the screen protector is going to mess with the picture quality which is amazing.

Anybody got any advice or product recommendations?
    04-28-11 07:24 PM
    I'm partial to this:

Ghost Armor | Home

Lifetime warranty. Best bet is if they have a retail location near you to do the install.
    04-28-11 07:27 PM
    I've got an Invisible Shield on my PB, and the screen looks the same as without. But that's just me...
    04-28-11 07:31 PM
    My Zagg does not affect the quality of the screen at all. I have one on my playbook and I compared it side by side with my mother's playbook, which had nothing on the screen. I could not tell the difference when the units were on. In fact, I asked a few others to take a look at the two units side by side and not one person could tell which one had the Zagg on it.
    04-28-11 07:32 PM
    Thanks for the input. those of you with the Zagg product; does it affect the touch sensitivity at all?
    04-28-11 09:59 PM
    I don't find any difference between my PB with vs without it - still super responsive.
    04-28-11 10:05 PM
    I found it grippy and returned it after two days.
    04-28-11 11:30 PM
    You can tell it's there. kind of a slight orange peal look when looked at from an angle. Sensitivity isn't affected but like someone stated earlier, it does feel more "grippy" when swiping gestures. I like it mainly because it seems to hide the finger juices a little better than a naked screen.
    04-28-11 11:57 PM
    Installed Zagg Invis Shield So far so good.
    05-03-11 09:53 PM
    installed zagg - it's a ***** to put on and i got dust under it. i took it off and washed it (done that before with other devices) then ran out of fluid and struggle like heck to put it back. aagh! haven't decided whether to keep it yet. i like the feel of it and it's great to have no finger prints but it's not perfect
    05-03-11 10:01 PM
    I have a Tru Screen Protector on my playbook, ordered it off this site. It installed easily, the screen still looks great and the touch is still sensitive.
    05-03-11 10:19 PM
    i use the otterbox defender case for my playbook, but i didn't like the screen protector on the otterbox - so i removed the screen protector on the otterbox and installed a Ghost Armor screen protector and put the otterbox back together.

The Ghost Armor looks great - very clear and very minimal orange peel look. The screen resolution looks much better than the silicon screen protector that comes with the otterbox also. Screen seems to be more responsive with GA as well.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    05-03-11 10:59 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm now getting annoyed by the protector on the Otterbox. I can make it work with the protector, but it's too much of a chore, really (wasted gestures and taps when they don't register)

i use the otterbox defender case for my playbook, but i didn't like the screen protector on the otterbox - so i removed the screen protector on the otterbox and installed a Ghost Armor screen protector and put the otterbox back together.

The Ghost Armor looks great - very clear and very minimal orange peel look. The screen resolution looks much better than the silicon screen protector that comes with the otterbox also. Screen seems to be more responsive with GA as well.
    05-03-11 11:35 PM
    Has anyone tried Ghost Armor and Zagg? Just curious how they differ, if at all.
    05-03-11 11:38 PM
    Has anyone tried Ghost Armor and Zagg? Just curious how they differ, if at all.
    I tried Zagg on my torch first, but didn't like the orange peel look. Put on Ghost Armor and was much more satisfied.
    05-03-11 11:41 PM
    Well I just put the Otterbox Defender on my PB 5 minutes ago and I'm liking it so far. Important note: I had an Invisible Shield protector on the first time I put on the Otterbox and you really CAN'T have the Otterbox protector on the same time as the shield... they stick together and create an awful smudge look.

I'm going with the Otterbox screen protector. It isn't grippy like the Shield was... I prefer this even if it isn't as flush with the screen. But I think its a matter of personal preference.
    05-03-11 11:44 PM
    Was it just the look then? Feel and scratch-proofiness(?) etc. was about the same? I have only used Zagg in the past and now with my PB, but it's nice to know there are now competing products (or at least competing products that EYE know of :P)
    05-03-11 11:45 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm now getting annoyed by the protector on the Otterbox. I can make it work with the protector, but it's too much of a chore, really (wasted gestures and taps when they don't register)
    No problem. I failed to mention when you take the screen off the OB, most of the adhesive comes off as well, but I made sure to clean it with some goop off to make sure it was all gone. I didn't want to miss a piece of adhesive and have it stick to the GA and pull it off the next time I removed my OB.

Really like the OB BTW!
    05-03-11 11:45 PM
    I've used quart sized Colorlock Ziploc freezer bag. Works pretty well. Of course that was to see if I could set this thing up to take into a Lab, then remove the bag and throw that away, for contamination sake. I don't think you could do that with an iPad.
    Wbrian likes this.
    05-03-11 11:47 PM
    Was it just the look then? Feel and scratch-proofiness(?) etc. was about the same? I have only used Zagg in the past and now with my PB, but it's nice to know there are now competing products (or at least competing products that EYE know of :P)
    Yes, just seemed the orange peel took away from the resolution - just my opinion.
    05-03-11 11:48 PM
    Well I just put the Otterbox Defender on my PB 5 minutes ago and I'm liking it so far. Important note: I had an Invisible Shield protector on the first time I put on the Otterbox and you really CAN'T have the Otterbox protector on the same time as the shield... they stick together and create an awful smudge look.

I'm going with the Otterbox screen protector. It isn't grippy like the Shield was... I prefer this even if it isn't as flush with the screen. But I think its a matter of personal preference.
    I liked the feel of the OB screen protector too, but it was just a bit too cloudy for me.
    05-03-11 11:51 PM
    I've had the Zagg Invisible Shield on my Playbook since day one and have absolutely no complaints. I don't know what people are talking about with the orange peel look when viewed at an angle. The slight grippyness of the Zagg is actually quite nice, especially when typing.
    05-03-11 11:58 PM
    I bought an anti-glare screen protector on ebay and it works great!!!
    05-04-11 01:35 AM
    I just got my ghost armor order. The installation seems kind of labor some, like installing tint with wetting the film. I guess I'll give it a go and see what happens.
    05-04-11 01:40 AM
    I just got my ghost armor order. The installation seems kind of labor some, like installing tint with wetting the film. I guess I'll give it a go and see what happens.
    It will have a haze on it after installation. Give it about 24-48 hours, and it will clear up.
    05-04-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD