I got my PB from kijiji a few months ago and it cames with a screen protector that make the sceen looks a bit fuzzy. I 've read about how beautiful PB's screen is but never appreciated that comment until 5 minutes ago when I finally decided to peel off the screen protector... I am still blown away right now... have to show my colleagues my PB again!

Now, is there a good screen protector out there that i can put on and still enjoy the beautiful screen of my PB? or should I just fly naked considering glass screen should be stronger than anything that I can put in my pocket.
    bigdee60 likes this.
    02-05-12 02:11 PM
    Some people have managed to scratch their screens. I don't think a screen protector can match up against a pressure point or impact but for scratches, it can serve.

Was the one on their a matte, glossy, sticky type or what?
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 02:20 PM
    It sounds like you had a matte protector installed. Some matte finish protectors can make the screen look somewhat fuzzy. I would suggest you have a screen protector installed simply for piece of mind. There are many crystal clear protectors available that do not take away from the amazing screen.
    Check out the Crackberry store.
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 02:53 PM
    I got my PB from kijiji a few months ago and it cames with a screen protector that make the sceen looks a bit fuzzy. I 've read about how beautiful PB's screen is but never appreciated that comment until 5 minutes ago when I finally decided to peel off the screen protector... I am still blown away right now... have to show my colleagues my PB again!

Now, is there a good screen protector out there that i can put on and still enjoy the beautiful screen of my PB? or should I just fly naked considering glass screen should be stronger than anything that I can put in my pocket.

ZAGG enough said!
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 03:35 PM
    i don't like the reduced sharpness/responsiveness of screen protectors so i either go naked or use the thinnest case possible to keep the PB thin.
    My case from Amazon was only $5
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 03:49 PM
    I have had an Zagg protector on since day one. Crystal clear and lifetime warranty.
    Chinookman and aha like this.
    02-05-12 04:07 PM
    SGP Ultra Fine Mat...more then enough said!
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 04:09 PM
    Ghost Armor, better then them all.

I was a staunch Zagg user for years until someone turned me onto Ghost Armor. Unlike the Zagg the GA(both made of the same material) its not as thick and doesn't get that "orange peel" effect after a while.

Both are quite expensive and offer a lifetime warranty(With GA you call them up and they ship you a new one immediately no questions asked, then you mail them the old one back) In my experience with screen protectors, you get what you pay for.
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 04:16 PM
    Zaggs are good however they do have an orange peel effect which takes away from the screens beauty. Ghost Armour is superior.
    aha likes this.
    02-05-12 04:44 PM
    It sounds like you had a matte protector installed. Some matte finish protectors can make the screen look somewhat fuzzy. I would suggest you have a screen protector installed simply for piece of mind. There are many crystal clear protectors available that do not take away from the amazing screen.
    Check out the Crackberry store.
    The screen protector I peeled off was a thick and strong type of plastic, unlike the one I got for my 9810, which is soft and clear.
    02-05-12 08:27 PM
    Ghost Armor is currently sold out in crackberry, will check back later.
    02-05-12 08:29 PM

I was a staunch Zagg user for years until someone turned me onto Ghost Armor. Unlike the Zagg the GA(both made of the same material) its not as thick and doesn't get that "orange peel" effect after a while.

Both are quite expensive and offer a lifetime warranty(With GA you call them up and they ship you a new one immediately no questions asked, then you mail them the old one back) In my experience with screen protectors, you get what you pay for.
    exactly.

Ghost Armour is the best out right now... i have used ZAGG and the orange colouring really looks bad after about 4 to 6 months.

You cant even tell that the Ghost Armour is on the device.
    02-05-12 11:08 PM
    :::

I am using crystal clear one like those use on
    cellphone. No "orange peel" or fuzzy effect.
    Just cost $2-4 Cdn.

02-05-12 11:18 PM
    Where did you get it?
    02-05-12 11:30 PM
    fly naked when in used. case protect it when not in used.

3 yrs down the road, upgrade it.
    02-05-12 11:40 PM
    I've had my playbook naked since we met. Putting something on him just feels wrong.
    Last edited by Tman1988; 02-06-12 at 03:28 AM.
    aha likes this.
    02-06-12 01:39 AM
    I've had bad experiences with them causing touch screen sensitivity as they age so I won't use them

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    aha likes this.
    02-06-12 01:50 AM

Some Chinese Mall Cellphone store will have, I've got mine at
    Pacific Mall. Price from $5-10 arround...!

Where did you get it?
    aha likes this.
    02-06-12 08:43 PM
    I bought an HD ,Anti-Glare ,screen film from Tru. Purchased online from the ,Crackberry store. Shipped to me in 2 days. It fits the screen quite accurately. esp the camera & speaker holes. It is crystal clear, reduces the amount of cleaning from finger prints, and works esp. well with swiping. I highly recommend this product. It works as described
    aha likes this.
    02-06-12 09:50 PM

Purchased these a few weeks ago from Citigeeks on ebay....extremely happy with product. Have tried the matte finish ones from another source and crystal clear is definitely the way to go.
    These particular ones are triple-packaged to prevent dust from getting in. They do not affect the screen sensitivity in any way. There is no orange-peel effect. You can not tell the screen is covered unless you get a speck of dust under the protector when you install it.
    3x Screen Protector Blackberry Playbook Crystal Clear. Invisible LCD Cover Guard | eBay
    aha likes this.
    02-06-12 09:52 PM
    I bought an HD ,Anti-Glare ,screen film from Tru. Purchased online from the ,Crackberry store. Shipped to me in 2 days. It fits the screen quite accurately. esp the camera & speaker holes. It is crystal clear, reduces the amount of cleaning from finger prints, and works esp. well with swiping. I highly recommend this product. It works as described
    so its crystal clear? i bought the same product for my bold and the screen was distorted. i thought because it was antiglare.
    aha likes this.
    02-07-12 01:20 AM

morning, can any of these be bought in the uk?
    02-07-12 02:21 AM
    naked playbook.. just awesome
    02-07-12 08:50 AM
    I've had bad experiences with them causing touch screen sensitivity as they age so I won't use them

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    Exactly why I love the lifetime warranty. If it gets to that stage, peel it off and send me a new one, free of charge. How many others can say that?

Although after nearly 2 years on my 9800, I have had 0 issues with screen sensitivity or orange peel.

morning, can any of these be bought in the uk?
    Seeing as I live in the states, I'm not sure, but this is directly from GA's website:

Do you ship to other countries?

We can ship to anywhere that Fedex will ship to in the world. If you are having problems when it comes to not being able to check out because of an address problem, please contact at [email protected] or at Customer Care: 1-888-888-ARMOR 9am - 6pm MST.
    02-07-12 08:57 AM
    Exactly why I love the lifetime warranty. If it gets to that stage, peel it off and send me a new one, free of charge. How many others can say that?

Although after nearly 2 years on my 9800, I have had 0 issues with screen sensitivity or orange peel.

Seeing as I live in the states, I'm not sure, but this is directly from GA's website:

Do you ship to other countries?

We can ship to anywhere that Fedex will ship to in the world. If you are having problems when it comes to not being able to check out because of an address problem, please contact at [email protected] or at Customer Care: 1-888-888-ARMOR 9am - 6pm MST.
    Thank you i'll have a look although it will probably cost an arm and a leg to ship it over, think i will try and find something similar over here
    02-08-12 03:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD