I've done a couple searches and haven't found a thread about this yet so please let me know if there's another thread to read but I'm wondering if you can side load the android tablet control app from Rogers or if the PB is destined to get the cold shoulder from Rogers forever? Thanks.
    Technology83 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:26 PM
    Me too!!! I used the remote app on my 9900, but no love from Rogers for my Z10 or the PlayBook... Seems odd from the company that was technically the first to release the Z10 in Canada.
    04-04-13 08:16 PM
    Have either of you two contacted Rogers Tech support? If so, what was their response?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-04-13 08:28 PM
    I made a thread on this I uploaded rogers.. Bar file search for it as I have no time right now, but we each for rogers app on this forum.

It was taken from my galaxy s3 files when I did a backup so I just sideloaded it and it works perfectly showing your data on playbook usage like the phone does and shows your bill amount and more.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-04-13 10:19 PM
    Opps my error I uploaded rogers my account app not the or app.

And no I don't have pvr app.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-04-13 10:34 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I haven't talked to tech support yet but I think I will take some time this weekend to talk to them. I just renewed all of my retention plans/discounts and we are likely going to replace our current BBs with a Q10 and a Z10 so lots to talk to the tech support and retention folks about. I'll post again once I've spoken to someone.
    04-04-13 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I haven't talked to tech support yet but I think I will take some time this weekend to talk to them. I just renewed all of my retention plans/discounts and we are likely going to replace our current BBs with a Q10 and a Z10 so lots to talk to the tech support and retention folks about. I'll post again once I've spoken to someone.
    That's great to hear you are both going to upgrade.

Look for a .bar file for that app your looking for as I bet someone has it, no guarantee it will work as not all ports/sideloaded apps will work as the z10 and q10 only have android 2.3 implementation, but and I say BUT this will no doubt change in future updates, who knows maybe in 10.1 I hope they implement jellybean 4.3 or 4.0 even so we all can take advantage of BB apps and Android apps.
    04-05-13 12:22 PM
    I called customer service in February and was told "Coming soon"... Define soon for me...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:51 AM
    I called customer service in February and was told "Coming soon"... Define soon for me...

Posted via CB10
    Look at the bright side : It is coming. Would you rather have them promise a date and keep pushing it back and back? I wouldn't.

See if they can notify you when it becomes available.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-06-13 01:02 PM
    I finally got a chance to speak with tech support and the person I spoke with said that they didn't know when/if an app was coming for the PlayBook (doesn't mean much I suppose but it was an 'Any Place TV' rep that I was speaking with). She had heard of side loading but didn't know if anyone had had any success and was kind/smart enough to remind me that Rogers wouldn't support a sideloaded app. So I guess the question now, is has anyone seen a .bar file for this? I'm willing to learn how to sideload but so far a quick search has turned up nothing and a couple of searches of androidbars.net came up empty too...
    04-18-13 03:09 PM