02-07-12 06:44 PM
154 ... 4567
tools
    Well.. there was an update... but it wasn't version 2.0.

1.0.8.6067 ... waitaminute..
    Last edited by Brainpowered; 02-07-12 at 01:11 AM.
    02-07-12 01:07 AM
    not in the uk
    Last edited by hrtung; 02-07-12 at 01:19 AM.
    02-07-12 01:10 AM
    would be nice if it came out today. im going to mexico wednesday. could be fun to show off and all. Though I'm leaning more toward what CB posted earlier about the leaked photos of the new app world, feb 16
    02-07-12 04:19 AM
    hi guys, ok...Q: i dont care about games and such, but can anybody confirm:
    1- podcast ( its not on the playbook in the UK)
    2- ebook reader ( i hate apple, but its free in many versions)
    3- file manager ( again, my bloody win 93, win ce, ect, had it, geez or give me dos.)
    sorry for the rant, but we - $ on a 1-1 rate, i feel riped off
    1. I never used any podcasts, so I cannot answer.
    2. Adobe Reader & Kobo Books (and don't forget about full version od Documents To Go).
    3. File Manager - Air Browser.

I hope it does help you.

Anyway... it's 7th of February... and there's no update. Fake... as I thought.
    02-07-12 04:34 AM
    Busted!!!!!!
    02-07-12 05:37 AM
    1. I never used any podcasts, so I cannot answer.
    2. Adobe Reader & Kobo Books (and don't forget about full version od Documents To Go).
    3. File Manager - Air Browser.

I hope it does help you.

Anyway... it's 7th of February... and there's no update. Fake... as I thought.
    One thing I can confirm is file manager. They show its there right in the dev beta so that's an easy one.
    02-07-12 07:07 AM
    ...and the iPad 3 will have the iSheep and/or iLemmings (take your pick) out in force.
    Made me laugh on a sad day.
    02-07-12 07:15 AM
    Just wishful thinking. Deadline for Android app approval hasn't even passed yet...
    02-07-12 07:34 AM
    At last! Downloading now.
    02-07-12 08:15 AM
    if its the build they showed at devcon you might wanna abort.
    02-07-12 08:24 AM
    ...reeeeeeally???
    02-07-12 08:25 AM
    The Dell Axim was actually a great little device. It is too bad Dell handled it as well as they have every other mobile device they ever made. I owned one and used a bunch for doing field recording on archaeological sites. The funny thing it is still nearly impossible, in my experience, to kill an old Dell Axim or HP IPAQ, whereas if you look at some modern tablets the wrong way they seem to require a service call. That is one of the reasons I bought a Playbook - it is not built like a toy.

Absolute side on this one....
    With all the gadgets I have that are modern, I never touch my Dell AXIM anymore. or my Compaq Casseopaiea!

Both are still full functional. That AXIm was my first GPS unit, and still to this day has better mapping features than some of the full fledged GPS's.

But Over the years, I've slowly amalgamated all my portables into one device. my PDA, my MP3 player and Cell phone are now all combined into my Torch. No need for that Axim anymore. Kind of makes me sad.

As for OS2. ya, i wasn't expecting it today. I thought Feb 17th was the date to be honest. Thats the magic number i keep hearing places
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-07-12 08:25 AM
    Stardate 1.0.8.6067 and holding....
    02-07-12 08:30 AM
    Im going back and forth between this thread and Software Updates and doing a quick check

It was kind of like the time my brother woke me up on December 23rd and convinced me it was Christmas morning. Not funny.
    Sprawl and jdngfx like this.
    02-07-12 08:34 AM
    Damn that berryfictation! Guess you now know its not a reliable source lol
    02-07-12 08:43 AM
    Guys come on, Feb 7 is a fail.

At this it is safe to say the laat week of February is the earliest possible hope we have of an OS 2 release given its not even finished yet. Coders are still in their cubicles banging keys so a final polished product is nowhere close to ready.
    02-07-12 08:44 AM
    Made me laugh on a sad day.
    Well there are a lot of BLemmings and BSheep out there to. It goes both ways. If someone says Apple is crap and only iSheep and iLemmings buy there products, well that speaks volumes on there bias for BB (or Android os) just the same as iFanboy and there Bias.. I like iPhone for now, but hoping BB comes out with some Kika$$ Touch screen phone in the near future.(BB10).
    Last edited by skier1960; 02-07-12 at 09:59 AM.
    02-07-12 09:45 AM
    Well there are a lot of BLemmings and BSheep out there to. It goes both ways. If someone's says Apple is crap and only iSheep and iLemmings buy there products, well that speaks volumes on there bias for BB (or Android os) just the same as iFanboy and there Bias.. I like iPhone for now, but hoping BB comes out with some Kika$$ Touch screen phone in the near future.(BB10).
    All good points, and agreed, there are what I refer to RIM zombies all in the forums. I call myself a cautious enthusiast, but by no means a fanboi, as I dont give any blind allegiance to a product company let alone one that has firmly established a history of disappointments over the last 3 years or so. QNX is their final hope, but i will say i give more points of credit to the OS 7 devices than most (own a 9850 since the first week VzW ok'd it AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT).

Now i await in hope RIM pleasantly surprises me and (1) finally, finally, makes a deadline on the Playbook by releasing it during February and (2) It is every bit the sweet update we have been reading about.
    02-07-12 09:54 AM
    cant wait for the official release ! now i'm using the Beta version OS2.0.0.4689
    02-07-12 10:02 AM
    February 27 seems a more likely date.
    02-07-12 10:43 AM
    Im going back and forth between this thread and Software Updates and doing a quick check

It was kind of like the time my brother woke me up on December 23rd and convinced me it was Christmas morning. Not funny.

LMAO! no sir, you are incorrect. that is hilarious!
    02-07-12 10:48 AM
    YOU try to explain to your parents when they came downstairs and I had half my presents already opened. Unthrilled.

Needless to say that Christmas was pretty ty. I WAS only 5 at the time. Gimme a break

LMAO! no sir, you are incorrect. that is hilarious!
    02-07-12 11:49 AM
    I am still holding hope that today is the day.
    02-07-12 01:42 PM
    Today was never going to be the day. and theres still nothing official other than the month. I loved the .7111 beta. and it wasnt even the full OS. As far as the world knows, RIM's deadline was set to 2/29. im content with that. cause if it comes out before that, its a blessing!

IMO, im thinking on announcement date first. and i think we wont get a date until MWC later this month. then, we can start the countdown clock.

whos gonna be the first to download it?
    whos gonna have an itchy trigger finger pressing update?
    whos gonna be the first to get to the homescreen?
    to me, THATS the fun part! lol
    02-07-12 02:35 PM
    I'll go with the 21st for 2.@
    02-07-12 03:01 PM
154 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD