02-07-12 06:44 PM
154 ... 34567
tools
    thats in asia. dont think they are basing it on that part of the world. :-)
    02-06-12 08:31 PM
    Okay, you Feb 7 dreamers ready to finally give up that fantasy?

No matter, 24 hours from now it will be historical fact....
    02-06-12 08:57 PM
    Okay, you Feb 7 dreamers ready to finally give up that fantasy?

No matter, 24 hours from now it will be historical fact....
    Uh oh...false labor?
    02-06-12 09:06 PM
    New to the BB world. Purchased PB against all other Tablets. I trust they have a good product in hand. The current irritation of the OS is "functional" at best. I am not going to return it even dough the 17th would be too late for a refund...I am going to stick it out and trust in a new platform (Microsoft guy) that BB is going to bring out OS 2.0 just because of its reliable history. Why are you guys/girls sticking with BB products?
    jonno_atamaniuk and alan510 like this.
    02-06-12 09:08 PM
    Nevermind 2012 and the mayan calender... It's all about the BB PB update.

More sought after than the second coming to many.
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    02-06-12 09:13 PM
    Hey were is my bridge update? How am I going to use my phone as a remote tomorrow??? :sly::what::banghead: Gosh this is making me emotional.Darn you,Berryfictation!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    02-06-12 09:23 PM
    So much for a release tomorrow. No bridge update so most likely no release tomorrow if we follow trend of past releases.
    02-06-12 09:50 PM
    Yes!!!!!!!! Finally software update available......

On my osx lion hehehe.
    02-06-12 10:09 PM
    Anybody gonna be up at 4am to check out devcon?
    02-06-12 10:48 PM
    Yes!!!!!!!! Finally software update available......

On my osx lion hehehe.
    Is it that bad or did they fix the bugs?
    02-06-12 11:16 PM
    So...uhhhhhh....its the 7th where I am.
    02-06-12 11:29 PM
    It's only 9:38pm here in vancouver.........
    02-06-12 11:39 PM
    New to the BB world. Purchased PB against all other Tablets. I trust they have a good product in hand. The current irritation of the OS is "functional" at best. I am not going to return it even dough the 17th would be too late for a refund...I am going to stick it out and trust in a new platform (Microsoft guy) that BB is going to bring out OS 2.0 just because of its reliable history. Why are you guys/girls sticking with BB products?
    I stick with Blackberry for the security, superior communication tools too. For me, it performs what I need to do just as easily (sometimes even more fluidly) than iOS and the multitasking is a little easier to do than android (more intuitive too).

But ultimately it's what fits each individual person.
    02-06-12 11:54 PM
    highly unlikely but wishfull thinking is always good. i just want os2.0 asap! i can wait another 10 days. maybe?
    02-07-12 12:06 AM
    Folks..... It ain't happening on the seventh..... To many indicators point to a Feb 21st-ish release.... It's not worth getting your hopes up for anything sooner than that....
    02-07-12 12:11 AM
    Personally, I am not too stressed about when it arrives, but RIM will be shooting itself in the foot (or elsewhere) if they do not beat the release of the Windows 8 Consumer Beta/Preview and the iPad 3. The Windows 8 beta is a definite for later this month and, although still vaporware at the moment, an iPad 3 will pop up at some point. RIM really can't afford to get lost in the shuffle of "bigger" announcements. Windows 8 is going to get a lot of justifiable press since it is both a tablet OS and the next OS for the 90+% desktop market, and the iPad 3 will have the iSheep and/or iLemmings (take your pick) out in force.
    02-07-12 12:19 AM
    hi guys, ok...Q: i dont care about games and such, but can anybody confirm:
    1- podcast ( its not on the playbook in the UK)
    2- ebook reader ( i hate apple, but its free in many versions)
    3- file manager ( again, my bloody win 93, win ce, ect, had it, geez or give me dos.)
    sorry for the rant, but we - $ on a 1-1 rate, i feel riped off
    02-07-12 12:19 AM
    Sorry, just realized there are two almost identical threads running. Repeated my post from the other here, thinking it hadn't posted and then noticed this is not the same thread. Excuse the duplication....
    02-07-12 12:21 AM
    ps, i had i bloody dell axim pda back in 2004 and it was able to download potcasts and spellcheck. pls dont get me wrong, love the pb, just want the basics to work
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-07-12 12:23 AM
    1:34 am no update!
    02-07-12 12:35 AM
    I'm not getting stress this is all part of the fun in owning a playbook.
    02-07-12 12:35 AM
    1:34 am no update!
    Lol! Hit alt the r,s,t haha.
    Darlaten likes this.
    02-07-12 12:38 AM
    ps, i had i bloody dell axim pda back in 2004 and it was able to download potcasts and spellcheck. pls dont get me wrong, love the pb, just want the basics to work
    The Dell Axim was actually a great little device. It is too bad Dell handled it as well as they have every other mobile device they ever made. I owned one and used a bunch for doing field recording on archaeological sites. The funny thing it is still nearly impossible, in my experience, to kill an old Dell Axim or HP IPAQ, whereas if you look at some modern tablets the wrong way they seem to require a service call. That is one of the reasons I bought a Playbook - it is not built like a toy.

Absolute side on this one....
    auditman likes this.
    02-07-12 12:44 AM
    hi swyost, funny u say that. i used to work for hp and did support for the ipaq. the dell axim was the first baby step as was the dell. its just so strange that a mega corp like rim are not able to do the even most basic things. i mean, its 2012? right
    jimbo_hippo likes this.
    02-07-12 12:59 AM
    ps, still looking for my wifi sd card i lost for my dell axim in vancouver airport,
    02-07-12 01:02 AM
154 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD